No announcement yet.

Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know of him only in a historical context.

In a nutshell (ehem, Bimmer?) I became a Lions fan in 1995, not because of the 7-game streak but because at the time I was a little kid and wanted to pick a team that had colors and a mascot that I liked. I didn't know anything about the roster at all, even that they had Barry.

Then in '97 I actually followed the Lions, watching them whenever I could. That wasn't the case in the previous two years because I was too young to appreciate football.

Then in 2000 we had that infamous loss on a last-second FG to the Bears, and I wasn't able to see the game like always since I am in Cali. So I got the Sunday Ticket just in time for the Millen era, which I was very excited for... yeah, bet you all never knew it was me who cursed this team, did you?
    "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
    Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Bastard!
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
        Sorry about that. This one should work: http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bear...-sign-ot-scott
        I was just cutting on the hometown paper.....no problems Captn'
        AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
        2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
        3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
        4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
        5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
        6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
        7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          Bastard!
          Yeah so you can only imagine what it was like for me last season after starting off in 2001...

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
            ??
            Who were the others
            Peete was a regular on the Best Damn Sport Show Period, Kramer has been on Fox for several years, Eric Hipple didn't make it national but he was on several local stations. Greg Landry also did some radio, but he's more well known as a player.

Sooner or later Scott Mitchell will find his true calling

Comment

I did not know all of that.

Comment

Didn't Chuck Long have a short broadcasting history?
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Just saw the ManRam starting at right guard for the Broncos. lol
                  AAL- Sam Martin - Because the Punter is one of Detroit's most used assets

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue View Post
                    Sooner or later Scott Mitchell will find his true calling
                    Contestant on the Biggest Loser?
                    Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

In a nutshell (ehem, Bimmer?) I became a Lions fan in 1995, not because of the 7-game streak but because at the time I was a little kid and wanted to pick a team that had colors and a mascot that I liked. I didn't know anything about the roster at all, even that they had Barry.

Then in '97 I actually followed the Lions, watching them whenever I could. That wasn't the case in the previous two years because I was too young to appreciate football.

Then in 2000 we had that infamous loss on a last-second FG to the Bears, and I wasn't able to see the game like always since I am in Cali. So I got the Sunday Ticket just in time for the Millen era, which I was very excited for... yeah, bet you all never knew it was me who cursed this team, did you?
                      After reading that, I'm ready to watch a Lifetime channel movie. God I feel old now:(

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                        After reading that, I'm ready to watch a Lifetime channel movie. God I feel old now:(
                        Wanna borrow our new Model T?
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

--------------------------------This is all your fault you asshole.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Andre Fluellen takes his talents to South Beach.

Comment

• Lol sorry everyone:(

Comment

Working...
                                X