X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bills grant Anquan Boldin permission to seek a trade
    Posted by Michael David Smith on October 26, 2017, 7:18 PM EDT

Getty Images
    Anquan Boldin signed with the Bills in August, then announced his retirement two weeks later. Now the veteran wide receiver is interested in playing again, though not for the Bills.

Boldin’s agent reached out to the Bills to ask for permission to find a trade partner, and the Bills granted that permission, though the team made clear it will want compensation for him.

“Club grants you limited permission to speak with other NFL teams for the sole purpose of discussing a trade for Anquan,” the Bills wrote in a letter to Boldin’s agent, via Adam Schefter of ESPN. “This letter of permission shall not be construed as a grant to allow the player to make visits, undergo a physical or tryout with other NFL teams at this time. In addition, player and/or his representative shall not be permitted to discuss a new contract for Anquan with another NFL team.”

Boldin wasn’t exactly in demand when he was a free agent this offseason, so it’s hard to see any team offering much if anything for him in a trade. But perhaps some receiver-needy playoff contender would offer a conditional seventh-round draft pick to Buffalo. Boldin is hoping to find out.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Oh wow. I feel bad for them.

Bills TE Logan Thomas back at work after premature birth and death of daughter
      Posted by Josh Alper on October 27, 2017, 1:19 PM EDT

Bills tight end Logan Thomas missed practice on Wednesday this week, but it wasn?t because of a lingering injury from last Sunday?s game.

Thomas? wife Brandie was not due to gave birth to their daughter Brooklynn Rose until April, but delivered the child on Tuesday. The baby died a short time later and Thomas returned to work with the team on Thursday.

Thomas said, via Joe Buscaglia of WKBW, that being with the team helps take his mind off the loss his family ? the Thomases have four sons ? suffered this week. He praised Brandie?s ?emotional fight? and called her ?my rock? while adding that other family members are helping out at home while he worked with the team.

Bills coach Sean McDermott opened his Friday press conference by sending condolences to the Thomases.

?I was just happy to see Logan?s smiling face in here yesterday, not from a football standpoint at all, but mostly for him to be around and for us to be able to embrace him and him to be around his teammates,? McDermott said, via the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle. ?He seems to be handling it as well as anyone could at this point.?

We send our condolences to the Thomas family on their loss.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/AndySlater/status/924628817037201408[/ame]
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ken View Post
          Fucking Levy and no contact practices.

Ya sure how many million per year did you get? No contact practices my add, you better be sore asshole.

Good riddance
          Wow you feel really strongly about this.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• DAMN! He sure wore out his welcome in Miami!

I can't believe they're airing this in the middle of the season.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• [ame="https://twitter.com/AndySlater/status/924643609349156864"]https://twitter.com/AndySlater/status/924643609349156864[/ame]

Comment

• I'm sure its the truth but it would make no sense as to why they say it publicly
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Come home, Ndamukong. We forgive you.
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I have no doubt that the Dolphins are "ready to move on."

I doubt that their salary cap is ready.

Comment

• I find this very amusing.

Next stop......Dallas.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Probably Seattle.

Comment

• NFL suspending Jets WR Jeremy Kerley, per reports

Comment

• Giants bring back Devin Taylor
                            Posted by Michael David Smith on October 31, 2017, 10:35 AM EDT

Getty Images
                            The Giants have bolstered their defensive line by bringing back a veteran they cut before the season.

Defensive end Devin Taylor is returning to the Giants, a league source tells PFT.

The Giants signed Taylor in free agency this offseason, but all they guaranteed him was his $40,000 signing bonus, so the decision to get rid of him was not a costly one. He will likely make a veteran minimum salary for the rest of the year.

Last year the 27-year-old Taylor started all 16 games for the Lions.

Comment

• Broncos place Menelik Watson on IR, sign Cyrus Kouandjio
                              Posted by Josh Alper on November 8, 2017, 10:31 AM EST

Getty Images
                              The Broncos signed Menelik Watson to a two-year contract as a free agent this offseason, but he won’t be helping them in the second half of his first season in Denver.

Mike Klis of KUSA was the first to report that the Broncos are placing Watson on injured reserve Wednesday and the team announced it a short time later. A calf injury is to blame for the end of Watson’s season.

Klis also reports that the Broncos will sign Cyrus Kouandjio to replace Watson on the roster. The 2014 Bills second-round pick spent time with the Lions this summer, but was cut before the start of the regular season. He joins Donald Stephenson as tackle options with Watson out of action.

While quarterback has been the focal point in most discussions about the struggling Broncos offense, the line has been a major problem as well. Watson’s play contributed to that and the Broncos will need better work from his replacement if things are going to get better over their final eight games.

Comment

• Apparently Larry Warford is tearing it up in NO and is a big reason for their run success.

Why'd we let him go again?

Comment

Working...
                                X