No announcement yet.

Who's Walking Around In Your Dreams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the morning that will mark the end of the world they have known, Molly and Niel Sloan awaken to the drumbeat of rain on their roof. It has haunted their sleep, invaded their dreams, and now they rise to find a luminous silvery downpour drenching their small California mountain town. A strange scent hangs faintly in the air, and the young couple cannot shake the sense of something wrong.

As hours pass and the rain continues to fall, Molly and Niel listen to disturbing news of extreme weather phenomena across the globe. Before evening, their little town loses television and radio reception. Then telephone and the Internet are gone. With the ceaseless rain now comes an obscuring fog that transforms the once-friendly village into a ghostly labyrinth. By nightfall the Sloans have gathered with some of their neighbors to deal with community damage…but also because they feel the need to band together against some unknown threat, some enemy they cannot identify or even imagine.

In the night, strange noises arise, and at a distance, in the rain and the mist, mysterious lights are seen drifting among the trees. The rain diminishes with the dawn, but a moody gray-purple twilight prevails. Soon Molly, Niel, and their small band of friends will be forced to draw on reserves of strength, courage, and humanity they never knew they had. For within the misty gloom they will encounter something that reveals in a terrifying instant what is happening to their world—something that is hunting them with ruthless efficiency.
    In one of the most dazzling books of his celebrated career, Dean Koontz delivers a masterwork of page-turning suspense that surpasses even his own inimitable reputation as a chronicler of our worst fears—and best dreams. In THE TAKING he tells the story of a community cut off from a world under siege, and the terrifying…
    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
      I had a dream about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuru_(massage) last night. It was pretty good.

When I get ready to create my "Bucket List", that will be first in-line, haha

Comment

Ahhh, yes, I have read it. Thanks.

Comment

That is the one where the coyotes start coming out of the woods right? Protecting children and alien liftoffs?
          AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
          2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
          3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
          4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
          5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
          6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
          7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Yes

Comment

• yep....read that one.
              AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
              2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
              3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
              4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
              5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
              6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
              7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• I reluctantly started reading it because the last Koontz book I read was so shit that I didn't actually finish it. My wife said, "read the husband, it's really good"....., so far she is very correct.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I fucking love science.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYSX51xBkos"]The Science of Lucid Dreaming - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=hpc2NjUAtOY#!
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• OMG! Where did this come from?

Last night I dreamt that I went to the White House. I went with my wife who was summoned to represent her Company (which is really beyond me because she is not in management).

In a parlor like meeting room there were 2 other civilians the President and 2 of his staff.

He began with a powerpoint presentation on how he would like the economy to grow through the retail sector. He handed the clicker to one of his aids and while continuing his presentation, began to put up Christmas decorations that were placed in close proximity to where they should be put up.

He moved over to a bandshell like area of the room and attempted to put up a 5' "L" made out of cast aluminum and with 6" spikes on the back. He was having a difficult time with it because it was made to go on a flat surface and he was trying to put it on a rounded one.

He put the "L" down and quickly finished his presentation. He announced there will be a 30 minute break with refreshments served and that would be followed by a question and answer session.

As soon as he was done with this announcement he came over to me and sat down next to me. He asked how I was and I responded "very well, thank you" He motioned me to follow him and we both walked over to the "L" he had previously tried to put up.

Next to the "L" with spacing about 3' between each letter, there was an I O N and S.

He asked if he could count on me to get those up in an attractive matter.

I assured him I could and immediately began the project.

A bit into the project I realized there were a number of factors that was going to make this a most difficult task including a surface I had to stand on to get the height to nail in the top spike that was more like a set of verticals that shifted when stepped on to the point that one of my legs fell through.

Here is where I woke up and it took a couple of seconds to come to my senses and realize I did not have to scurry to regain my balance and continue the task.

WTF?
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Just another Bears fan messing with a Lions fan
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• lol!

Dreams are so randomly WEIRD.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Well, last nights episode was bizarre as well.

I dreamed AE and I were on a cruise ship. Everything was fine until the Captain came to us and said he knew that we owned a Karaoke business & he needed someone to fill in.. I recognized the Captain as Gary Bussey and wondered if I was in a movie or something. At any rate, we offered to do the show and he thanked us but I remember he didn't seem overly pleased. When we got to the main ballroom, everything was already set up for us, and the only stipulation was that we had to lay in bed to run the show. As we started to call up our first singer, Captain Bussey, suddenly came running up to us screaming his head off and had a very crazed look on his face. He was carrying a 4 slice toaster and began swinging it at us, AE pulled the covers over her head, to protect herself, I guess. I began kicking at the captain, and, true to form, every kick went right through him. He seemed surprised that my kicking had no affect on him, and he swung the toaster towards the blankets that AE was hiding under. Before they had a chance to hit her, I kicked one more time and the captain went flying backwards, and landed on the floor. It was at this point I awakened, ..... then AE asked who I was kicking tonight?

Why am I always fighting ghosts?
                            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              OMG! Where did this come from?

Last night I dreamt that I went to the White House. I went with my wife who was summoned to represent her Company (which is really beyond me because she is not in management).

In a parlor like meeting room there were 2 other civilians the President and 2 of his staff.

He began with a powerpoint presentation on how he would like the economy to grow through the retail sector. He handed the clicker to one of his aids and while continuing his presentation, began to put up Christmas decorations that were placed in close proximity to where they should be put up.

He moved over to a bandshell like area of the room and attempted to put up a 5' "L" made out of cast aluminum and with 6" spikes on the back. He was having a difficult time with it because it was made to go on a flat surface and he was trying to put it on a rounded one.

He put the "L" down and quickly finished his presentation. He announced there will be a 30 minute break with refreshments served and that would be followed by a question and answer session.

As soon as he was done with this announcement he came over to me and sat down next to me. He asked how I was and I responded "very well, thank you" He motioned me to follow him and we both walked over to the "L" he had previously tried to put up.

Next to the "L" with spacing about 3' between each letter, there was an I O N and S.

He asked if he could count on me to get those up in an attractive matter.

I assured him I could and immediately began the project.

A bit into the project I realized there were a number of factors that was going to make this a most difficult task including a surface I had to stand on to get the height to nail in the top spike that was more like a set of verticals that shifted when stepped on to the point that one of my legs fell through.

Here is where I woke up and it took a couple of seconds to come to my senses and realize I did not have to scurry to regain my balance and continue the task.

WTF?
                              This is way strange.
                              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Few nights ago I dreamt I was on a bottom bunk bed, and the top bunk bed crashed down on me hard with the weird laughter of someone up there on it. Couldn't see who it was before waking up.
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X