Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
    I think we are both out of the running, Cat. Deb's link has an expiration date on which they will keep the info on file.

I didn't find similar restrictions in the Canadian Registry Mark. But I have learned people with other medical issues can be deemed ineligible.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Coop,

Here's a UK donor link for anyone this side of the Pond

Sign up for stem cell donation ⬆️ You can give someone with blood cancer a second chance of life.

My Dads seen consultant and he reckons on 1-2 years if he has some injections each month. He's also been asked if he wants to take part in a trial of some new treatment, but my Mum's unsure if he will as it involves lots of travelling to the hospital. I've been unable to see him this week as I've had a cold and am a bit paranoid about passing it on! I guess it gives him time to do some things that he wants to, although I'm not sure what! Last time I invited him to come with me and my son to watch Oxford United he said he would want to waste his time on that team!! (He was a season ticket holder for about 15 years). Obviously he would fit in well here!
      AAL Quintez Cephus
      If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Understand what you're going through,Dean. I'm on chemo still. They changed it because first stopped working. But one thing you did say, if you are sick in any, stay away from Dad that day. A cold for you could turn into pneumonia for him. When you're on these meds it doesn't take much to get tired out. Im usually good for 2 to 3 hours a day of light activity and I am spent. The traveling is also very hard. I get nauseous 2 minutes in a car if I am not driving. To much going on around me when I am and it is hard to focus properly enough to drive. God speed to your dad.
        Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
          Understand what you're going through,Dean. I'm on chemo still. They changed it because first stopped working. But one thing you did say, if you are sick in any, stay away from Dad that day. A cold for you could turn into pneumonia for him. When you're on these meds it doesn't take much to get tired out. Im usually good for 2 to 3 hours a day of light activity and I am spent. The traveling is also very hard. I get nauseous 2 minutes in a car if I am not driving. To much going on around me when I am and it is hard to focus properly enough to drive. God speed to your dad.
          I can vouch for that. Chemo does some weird shit to you.
          "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Can I just say that all of you guys are in my thoughts every day. When I hear of other friends and a couple of my own family members having health issues, I speak to them about this very forum and how the positiveness shines through and how everyone sticks together. No one is alone with their ordeal. Keep at it and get well soon to everyone who's health is being helped along at this moment in time.

Dean , I lol'd at your dad's comment about Oxford United. There will no doubt come a time when I'll realise I've spent too much time (& dough) at Easter Road! Really hope he makes the most of the time he has left. Thoughts and prayers to you and all of your family

Tried to get through one post without cursing, and I did it.

Right , am off for a fkin beer.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Deserving of my first thumbs up!
              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• I have been MIA for a while now, and holy crap, there are some serious things going on within the forum right now. My heart goes out to all of those that are battling right now. Hang in there Dean, Coop, and DL, I can not even imagine the struggles you are going through right now. Good vibes and strong prayers heading your way.

Sorry I missed you this time through LFiJ, next time for sure.
                AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Damn cancer has spread to my liver. Lions better win a SB this year. Is that to much to ask for in ones lifetime. Just one measly SB win?

Starting a new type of chemo. Hopefully 3rd times a charm instead of 3 strikes and you're out.
                  Last edited by Desert Lion; August 20, 2014, 12:43 PM.
                  Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Damn, DL. That sucks.

Fucking cancer.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Damn is right!

Sorry to hear the bad news DL.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• So sorry to hear that, DL. They're really making you work hard to kick this thing, but I know you're up to the task. Thoughts and prayers your way, sir.
                        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Man, that sucks. Hope the new stuff works. Keep your hope and positive attitude.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Shittest news for a long time. Stay strong DL and keep on battling this shit. Thoughts & prayers are with you from all of us here in my family.
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I admire your strength DL. 'Praying for better news next time. I couldn't care less about this season. The only score that really matters is DL 1, Cancer 0.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                                I admire your strength DL. 'Praying for better news next time. I couldn't care less about this season. The only score that really matters is DL 1, Cancer 0.
                                +1

Tough news, DL. Keep fighting and try to stay positive, my friend
                                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Working...
                                X