No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've lost a few over the years. Most weren't drama queens about it, though.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Marko, if you want to go w-a-y back, I would say PCDave and Lee Gaus fell into that category. I don't remember if they left mad, although I think PCDave may have come close.

In a category of more recent posters, that I miss hearing from is:
      romster
      kayrone
      kansas
      miamitreo3
      Russ Bolinger

And btw, has anyone heard from Sharkbait and The Cat recently?

Oh, and there was one guy, whose name I don't remember that was a professional poker player. He announced he was leaving because he had gathered all the knowledge that this forum had to provide, so he was moving on.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        We've lost a few over the years. Most weren't drama queens about it, though.
        Can't seem to figure out the Panoptes situation. A player rejoins the Lions, so he leaves the forum? A forum where all everyone does is discuss the lions......, no one makes decisions for the Lions. Can't work out what the Fk the forum has to do with Raiola. If he indeed is NOT being all dramatic, hoping all is well with him & family....., haven't been eaten by Coyotes or anything while camping.

Certainly remember MT3, Bimmer. Used to laugh my a$$ off to loads of his posts.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
          Marko, if you want to go w-a-y back, I would say PCDave and Lee Gaus fell into that category. I don't remember if they left mad, although I think PCDave may have come close.

In a category of more recent posters, that I miss hearing from is:
          romster
          kayrone
          kansas
          miamitreo3
          Russ Bolinger

And btw, has anyone heard from Sharkbait and The Cat recently?

Oh, and there was one guy, whose name I don't remember that was a professional poker player. He announced he was leaving because he had gathered all the knowledge that this forum had to provide, so he was moving on.
          I see updates from Sharkbait & Angeleyes on FB, but I haven't spoken to them directly recently.
          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• PCDave tried his own Lions' discussion site didn't he?

JROSS left in a dramatic way. If memory serves, he disliked Joey from the get go and thought the backup should have been given the nod. When he didn't, he quit. I think he was upset at the comments thrown at him due to his takes.

JSlim is another missing forumite.

And I don't see Jdoggie as much anymore.

The 3 missing J's.

Been wondering about Sharky.
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              Can't seem to figure out the Panoptes situation. A player rejoins the Lions, so he leaves the forum? A forum where all everyone does is discuss the lions......, no one makes decisions for the Lions. Can't work out what the Fk the forum has to do with Raiola. If he indeed is NOT being all dramatic, hoping all is well with him & family....., haven't been eaten by Coyotes or anything while camping.

Certainly remember MT3, Bimmer. Used to laugh my a$$ off to loads of his posts.
              Gonz's lack of participation likely has nothing to do with who rejoined and more to do with an Organization that has to prove themselves after failing miserably for so long.

Spectating sports is something that is done for enjoyment, not meant to be a glutton for punishment.

Sadly, Lions have lost more fans in the past two decades then they have attracted.

........and the old time die hards, are dying off.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I seem to recall Gonz stated that if Raiola came back in any capacity he would be done with the Lions?
                AAL Quintez Cephus
                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• He may be giving the Rams a look see.
                  ------------
                  <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• The day the lions hired Riaola Gonz made a dramatic "that's it. I done" post.

Good Fucking riddance
                    Last edited by CGVT; August 30, 2016, 08:57 AM.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• All very well, Malto, but I still don't get it. Ok, it's a lions site......, but there is more to this site than the lions. And he's made a fucking effort to fly over for a forum game to meet up with the people from this site who talk about (and have a laugh about) other than the shitey Lions. Does the effort of being a lions fan REALLY need to encroach on friendships? He must have a hatred for Raiola (and the Chinese) that takes hatred to a whole new flippin level.

FTR, I'm just trying to understand it......, I'll stop banging on about Panoptes/Gonz now......., that in itself will be pissing off other people....., end up buried under someone's lawn!
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                        JROSS left in a dramatic way. If memory serves, he disliked Joey from the get go and thought the backup should have been given the nod. When he didn't, he quit. I think he was upset at the comments thrown at him due to his takes .
                        And all along he was right.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• They cut my AAL. That's it...I'm done.

I'll be cheering Quanterus on at whatever team forum is applicable....or at the Sonic drive -thru forum.
                          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
                            They cut my AAL. That's it...I'm done.

I'll be cheering Quanterus on at whatever team forum is applicable....or at the Sonic drive -thru forum.
                            That's a great forum.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                              And all along he was right.
                              He wasn't really right, he was arguing that Mike McMahon was a better option, Joe Harrington was a mediocre QB but he was much better than Mike McMahon.

Comment

• ^This is true.
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X