No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Fiesta is on Ford road and Sheldon. I use to live on Sheldon about a mile south. Good food. The owners son is a lazy ass though. Canton Center is the next road west of Sheldon.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Hah

Mexican food in Michigan

That's like me finding quality pierogies in CA
      Last edited by Panoptes; November 6, 2016, 12:38 PM.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I've come to learn that Mexican food in Tennessee is nothing like the Mexican food out here in Denver, mainly because of the Hatch green chili sauce they use out here. They put it on everything and it's amazing
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• My mother only uses hatch chiles that they special order once a year and then store/freeze for the year.

I don't touch spicy food but everyone else raves about her sauces and food.

Trader Joe's recently started selling Hatch chili salsa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            Hah

Mexican food in Michigan

That's like me finding quality pierogies in CA
            Not actually.

We have a large Mexican contigency that are hard working and good neighbors. Most are in paver brick instillation or property care. Recently saw a documentary on National Geographic Channel that suggests there might be other occupations also.

We have some really good places but with that said, I only had mexican food in the southwest once. It was very similar to what we have up here.

Now perogies? I am not sure there are enough Polish immigrants to spread their specialty around the nation.;)
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• You mean masonry job and high school job stealers?

Hola, welcome to Yack in de box.

Or

Welcome to Madonnas!

wtf?

I thought I was at McDonalds.
              Last edited by Panoptes; November 6, 2016, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                Mexican Fiesta is on Ford road and Sheldon. I use to live on Sheldon about a mile south. Good food. The owners son is a lazy ass though. Canton Center is the next road west of Sheldon.
                This is the place.

LOS TRES AMIGOS - CANTON, 6600 Canton Center Rd, Canton, MI 48187, 163 Photos, Mon - 11:00 am - 10:00 pm, Tue - 11:00 am - 10:00 pm, Wed - 11:00 am - 10:00 pm, Thu - 11:00 am - 10:00 pm, Fri - 11:00 am - 10:00 pm, Sat - 11:00 am - 10:00 pm, Sun - 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  You mean masonry job and high school job stealers?

Hola, welcome to Yack in de box.

Or

Welcome to Madonnas!

wtf?

I thought I was at McDonalds.
                  A friend of mine was down in Texas in the early 80s bossing a crew of Mexican office cleaners. One of them was asking him if they had anymore ahock. Took him a bit to figure out he wanted Ajax.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                    I have been here and liked it very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                      Ahhhhhhhh Yes. I've eaten there. Not at that restaurant but one in Ann Arbor. Malto. Malto Marko was with me and a few others.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I ran across this story again today. It seems like a good reminder.

Tale of Two Wolves

?One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, ?My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.

?One is Evil ? It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

?The other is Good ? It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.?

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: ?Which wolf wins??

The old Cherokee simply replied, ?The one you feed.? ? Author unknown.

Comment

• Great passage Bim......I really really like that.

Comment

• Thanks Cat, I hope all is well with you and yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                              I ran across this story again today. It seems like a good reminder.

Tale of Two Wolves

?One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

?One is Evil ? It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

?The other is Good ? It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.?

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: ?Which wolf wins??

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                                I ran across this story again today. It seems like a good reminder.

Tale of Two Wolves

Outstanding.

Unknown Author very wise....

Comment

Working...
                                X