No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random thought. I love the AFL. And these two kick off in an hour...,,... they HATE each other and the fighting is just awesome! This biggest rivalry when it comes to proper hatred in the AFL. Worth the 6 minutes.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Man... shit sucks.

I mean, it's not like pie.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Praying for this kid...

JOHN KELLERQB, CENTRAL MICHIGAN CHIPPEWAS

Central Michigan redshirt freshman QB John Keller is in critical condition after being shot in the chest early Saturday morning.

Police were alerted to gunshots at an off-campus apartment complex in the wee hours of Saturday morning. An early investigation of the incident indicated that an altercation at a party in the residence sparked a still-unidentified person to retrieve a gun from their vehicle and begin shooting. Keller was struck in the chest during the incident. Keller got his start in the collegiate ranks with Cincinnati before transferring to CMU prior to the 2020 campaign. This is a developing story and if further information as to Keller's recovery is released, we will pass along word.

SOURCE: Central Michigan Life
          Apr 26, 2021, 12:51 PM

Central Michigan quarterback John Keller seriously injured in off-campus shooting

Tony Paul
          The Detroit News
          View Comments
          The Central Michigan University campus community in Mount Pleasant was rocked by news of an early Saturday morning shooting that left two students injured, including a quarterback on the football team who had been "fighting for his life," according to a social-media post by family and friends.

Among the victims were John Keller, 20, a junior and a quarterback, and Tyler Bunting, 23, a senior student at Central Michigan. The university released their names Sunday.

Keller was shot in the chest and has been listed in serious and critical condition at Hurley Medical Center in Flint, but both students are now said to be recovering, according to authorities.

According to a news release from the Isabella Sheriff's Office, they were dispatched before 1 a.m. Saturday to an apartment complex near the mid-Michigan campus, having received reports of a shooting. A fight had broken out during which someone retrieved a gun from a vehicle, returned and started shooting, police said.

The two students suffered single gunshot wounds, police said, and were airlifted to nearby hospitals.

Bunting was listed in stable condition, according to police.

Authorities said they have received video and other information on the shooting.

No one was in custody Sunday.

“We are keeping them in our thoughts and prayers,” Bob Davies, Central Michigan's president, wrote in a Sunday email to students.

“Please join me in hoping for a speedy recovery for both individuals.”

Davis provided the two students' identities.

Keller sat out last season because of NCAA transfer rules. He was a redshirt freshman in 2018 at the University of Cincinnati, but didn't play. He then attended Pearl River (Mississippi) Community College before committing to Central Michigan last year.

A GoFundMe page was started for Keller's medical expenses. With a goal of $1,000, it had raised more than $15,000 by Sunday afternoon. In the GoFundMe post, friends wrote that Keller is "fighting for his life." They said he had been in critical condition.

"At CMU, we believe respectful, civil discussion and debate are the appropriate solution for solving disagreements," Davies wrote. "Violence of any kind is contrary to our university’s core values and physical confrontations are never the answer.

"We are a community that lifts each other up, especially during challenging times, and we choose respect, compassion and inclusiveness over fear and hatred.

We also believe in accountability."

Central Michigan is asking anybody with information about the shooting to contact the Isabella County Sheriff's department or Central Michigan police, with the option to provide information anonymously.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Sad.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• My random thought: If I had known how much television and radio advertising was going to be dedicated to online sports betting, I might have made an effort to oppose its legalization in Michigan. Sheesh, it's ridiculous and needs to be reeled in.

And. Make. It. Rain! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• It did rain and it will rain overnight.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• haha, thanks

I was just repeating the tagline from the DraftKings commercials. Over and over and over and over they say it....Make. It. Rain.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• This Doge stuff is kinda fun.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Standing by for the "Check out my blog/podcast/forum/Youtube channel" or "Buy some Lions merch from my site", post
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Right?!
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Must mean someone is trying to jump on the band wagon early.....
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• 189139818_4170219456355227_7946877372093902409_n.jpg
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• The Wings, Pistons, Tigers and Wolverines have all done it at least once in my life. Just waiting for the Lions
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X