No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a pizza slipping off the seat is caught while excessive contact is being made, is it still a catch?
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• did he hang on to it through the process of the accident?

Comment

• CGVT's guide to finding the coach's kid on a little league baseball team:

If the team is in the the field the coach's kid is either the shortstop or the pitcher

If the team is batting the coach's kid is one of the first three hitters in the lineup, usually leading off or batting third.

This ends today's lesson in youth sports.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Ha! Is your son playing Little League ball?

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
            Ha! Is your son playing Little League ball?
            Yeah, he has been for a few years. He's a pretty good player, but gets a little frustrated when he see the coaches' kids that obviously are not very good getting the coach's kid treatment in the batting order, in the field and in All-Star selections. I have to try to explain to him to keep working hard and learn as much as he can and eventually the poorer players will get weeded out as kids his age move up. He gets it, but it is still frustrating to him.

Unlike many of the little league parents around here I am not living vicariously through my son, or pushing him to be a major leaguer. I sit back and keep my mouth shut, because I never want to be that parent. I just want him to have fun playing ball and learn how to be a good team mate.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Important lesson for son. At times life is unjust and people have flaws. Learning to deal with this quietly instead of peeing in your leader's cornflakes is an impportant life skill.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• To add to the random thoughts:

I hate when people ride on their bike(s) on the road and there is a perfect sidewalk right next to this road. This causes problems when there is only one lane!! haha
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• In some places it is illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalk
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Random Thought: I do not get Arcade Fire.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Watching the Bills and Browns.

The Lions are better than both of these teams.

Comment

• How bad was Hoyer hurt?

Comment

• Looked like his heal ended up between his shoulders when he went down. I would be surprised if it was not season ending.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            CGVT's guide to finding the coach's kid on a little league baseball team:

If the team is in the the field the coach's kid is either the shortstop or the pitcher

If the team is batting the coach's kid is one of the first three hitters in the lineup, usually leading off or batting third.

This ends today's lesson in youth sports.
                            Shit, my dad coached my Little League team one year when I was 9 years old. Yanked me for striking out. Would've loved getting the coach's kid treatment once in awhile. I did, however, make the All Star team.
                            It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                              How bad was Hoyer hurt?
                              Early morning indications are that it was a blown ACL.

Out for the season.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                Early morning indications are that it was a blown ACL.

Out for the season.
                                Gonz is correct.
                                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

Working...
                                X