Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
    DanO, you appreciate obscure vocabulary. This is for you.

When your stomach grumbles, it's called, "borborygmus."
    Thanks Malto. I did not know that.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Does this mean a Reeses cup has the potential to be a chocolate diamond?

........I know what I am getting my wife for Valentines Day. A bag of Reeses Cups and an instruction card that says just add pressure and you have jewelry.
      LOL, my wife LOL'd too.
      Last edited by edindetroit; February 7, 2015, 01:22 PM.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
        I think I need this shirt.

Looks like an overhead view of a very busty woman pointing two pistols.
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• lol a busty woman with a bow in her cleavage?

LFiJ - it was apparent to me!
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I have not seen a beard that had side thingies that went up above the head.

Why would I have a problem with knowing that is a beard?
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
              lol a busty woman with a bow in her cleavage
              Bikini top.

Comment

In case you were not aware, this one is for LFIJ.

I am wondering what the penalty is?
                Here you go, Mark.

There is no penalty or punishment for individuals. The law is aimed at pressuring companies and local governments. Employers unable to meet the guidelines will be forced to pay nearly 10% higher payments into the national health insurance program. This can equate to millions of dollars for large corporations. Computer manufacturer NEC originally stated that it could face fines reaching $19 million under the policy.
                To say it is “illegal” to be overweight in Japan is a mischaracterization of the law. It has been referred to as a “fat tax” which may be closer to reality. The Japanese government issued guidelines and goals related to overweight citizens, with penalties for companies who do not meet those goals. Individuals are not punished or fined in any way, although overweight people may be subject to increased pressure to lose weight by by employers and fellow workers. There also may be discrimination against overweight people seeking jobs.
                Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                lol a busty woman with a bow in her cleavage?

LFiJ - it was apparent to me!
                Thanks Deb. I didn't realize it would be so confusing.
                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Wow! That is interesting, LFIJ.

....imagine in America if a Company was held accountable for it's employees weight.......

Comment

• I don't really know how much it's being enforced, but when the government is paying for medical costs I guess it's easier to understand why they'd want a law like this in place...although, on the other hand it's pretty hypocritical since they own something like a third of the "Japan Tobacco" company.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                      I don't really know how much it's being enforced, but when the government is paying for medical costs I guess it's easier to understand why they'd want a law like this in place...although, on the other hand it's pretty hypocritical since they own something like a third of the "Japan Tobacco" company.
                      Well, now that Obamacare has become a law of the land, perhaps, there may be new legislation aimed at employers that do not offer health insurance for their employees.

Comment

• For those that follow MLE, I can see this year being the time when Matt Stonie overtakes Chestnut as the best eater in the world.

National awareness will obviously start on July 4th... but all you have to do is follow Stonie on YouTube. That guy is legit and will only get better at his age.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Women with more humorous partners generally have more sex, initiate sex more often, and feel more committed to their partner.
                          ......and all this time I thought I had a good sense of humor.

Comment

In case you were not aware, this one is for LFIJ.

I am wondering what the penalty is?
                            It could only be forced sumo wresteling

Comment

• "Women with more humorous partners generally have more sex, initiate sex more often, and feel more committed to their partner."
                              --------------------------Gotta love that.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by wingdog View Post
                                It could only be forced sumo wresteling
                                They addressed that as well.

A common question raised in the discussion of the metabo law is that of sumo wrestlers. The law only applies to people between 40 and 75 years old, so the vast majority of sumo wrestlers will not be measured during their careers. Kyokutenho Masaru, for example was the oldest wrestler to win a top division sumo championship at the age of 37.

Comment

Working...
                                X