No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Kobe and that's correct. He has 5 rings. Most of these guys have to be driven.

Comment

• Trick's Off Season Mad-Libs, 1st Edition:

Eric (noun)bron's (adjective) (noun) was spotted in Allen Park today. When asked to comment, the (adjective) (noun) hesitated and replied, (interjection)! I haven't (verbed) a (noun) in over a year! He then (adverb) (verbed) the (noun) from his (noun) and (verbed) back to his (adjective) (noun). He was heard (verbing) as he (verbed) off (adverbly).

Hint: poop, pooped, poopy, pooping, poopingly, pooperatively, poopify, poopularian are all correct.
      Last edited by Trickalicious; June 24, 2015, 11:27 AM. Reason: Added more poop options for obvious reasons.
      Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Well I decided to bite the bullet and join Weight watchers today with my wife. I realized I have turned into my fat (RIP) father. She has dropped 20 pounds and if I get 10 off a month I should hit my goal by the time the Lions win the SUPER BOWL in February.

Comment

• Good for you, Dan. I hope you reach your goal sooner so you can splurge at the Lions Superbowl party,
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The Asian country of Bhutan became the last country in the world to introduce TV to their residents in June of 1999.

Afterward an unprecedented crime wave resulted.

Conclusion: TV is the root of most crime.:D
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Dan, I lost over 100 lbs with WW. It works if you trust the plan. Let me know if you have any questions I can answer.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Staying with it is hard, hard, hard. I know people like to say keeping it off is harder than taking it off. I've never found that to be the case.

Comment

• It is hard for sure. But we completely changed how we eat and that has been vital.

Comment

• That's right, you can't out train a bad diet. I find when I have stretches where there is no travel, not a lot of family gatherings and the kids are out of school I can really concentrate and eat well. Unfortunately that is about these three weeks.

Comment

• my wife has a great metabolism.. and loves chips. I no longer have that metabolism and love chips. I actually do better when traveling than when at home. It's mostly about what you eat when it comes to weight control.
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• We were in Louisville this weekend and ate at a Joe's Crab Shack on the river, their menu's were updated with the calories. The fish and chips were 2200 calories. We went to Louisville, Lexington and Kings Island and I was pretty good. But not good enough if you are trying to lose weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                          Well I decided to bite the bullet and join Weight watchers today with my wife. I realized I have turned into my fat (RIP) father. She has dropped 20 pounds and if I get 10 off a month I should hit my goal by the time the Lions win the SUPER BOWL in February.
                          Good for you Dan. Here's an article that might interest you.

Carbs are our problem people.
                          Last edited by DanO; June 25, 2015, 04:30 PM.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• With all due respect to DanO, ignore that article. The thing about WW is it is easy and it works. Follow that program. Or follow DanOs article. There's no need to try to figure out how to synthesize the two.

Comment

• No need to synthesize the two. Just pointing out another option. I'm guessing you didn't even read the article, SLF. You've done something and it works for you. Very happy for you. Hope that continues to be the case. I've done a lot of reading about carbs and diets. Carbs are not good. I've lost 20-25 lbs. in a month just limiting my carbs. I don't have to eat small portions and/or certain things at certain times. Eat as much as I want. I'm just giving him another option.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Could you possibly be a more condescending asshole?

Eating is confusing. How to lose weight is confusing. IMO the best way to go about it is to follow a proven program. Of which there are many. WW is one and the one that Dan and his wife have chosen. There's no need for additional options or to change. That's all I'm saying.

And despite your guys credentials of having listened to a lot of audiobooks, I'm not ready to say it's the only way to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X