No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss squiirrels. We don't have them here.

Comment

• Originally posted by DetroitRockCity View Post
      I miss squiirrels. We don't have them here.
      I wish I could send you all the mean little red squirrels that showed up here in the late 90's
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• One does not speak ill of the squirrels around these parts
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
          One does not speak ill of the squirrels around these parts
          The mean little red squirrels are squirrels in name only. They drive off the normal squirrels and destroy property. Fortunately they seem to have moved on around here.
          Last edited by edindetroit; January 21, 2016, 06:34 PM.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Junior high basketball: If I were king of Jr High basketball, I would make it so there was no three point shot.

My 13 year old's season just ended and I have watched an entire year of kids firing bombs from beyond the arc. Most of the kids are shooting from their waist and developing terrible fundamentals. There is no effort to work the ball for a good shot.

There is no way these kids should be shooting the ball from that distance.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Junior high basketball: If I were king of Jr High basketball, I would make it so there was no three point shot.

My 13 year old's season just ended and I have watched an entire year of kids firing bombs from beyond the arc. Most of the kids are shooting from their waist and developing terrible fundamentals. There is no effort to work the ball for a good shot.

There is no way these kids should be shooting the ball from that distance.
              It is fundamental that the lads stops with the Basketball pish. He was looking the real deal in the baseball photos a few years back....... Is he still playing that? Much better than the basketball.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Just realised I didn't offer an opinion on the three point score....... apologies for that. For what it's worth, and it'll be worth nowt, ......, the players need to wait until they are at least 9 foot 6 before shooting outside the arc.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                  One does not speak ill of the squirrels around these parts
                  Somebody dissing squirrels around here?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                    Somebody dissing squirrels around here?
                    Just the little mean red squirrels. Oh and I think your picture is of a prairie dog.

Comment

• Prairie dog: Someone dissin' squirrels around here?
                      Red Squirrel: Aye. But you're a prairie dog ya stupid lookin c**t.
                      (That red ^ was originally from Strathclyde Park in Glasgow)

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        Prairie dog: Someone dissin' squirrels around here?
                        Red Squirrel: Aye. But you're a prairie dog ya stupid lookin c**t.
                        (That red ^ was originally from Strathclyde Park in Glasgow)
                        So it's your fault we've got them! What did they stow away on one of your colony ships?

Comment

• CGVT and my wife would get along, she detests the 3 point shoot at that age. it has created a controversy in our household, our daughter is 13 and is tall. Depending on the team she is on she can be a point guard or a center. My wife gets mad when she is shooting threes, but she can hit them. Her and the tallest girl are the ones who kind of have to shoot threes.

I try to tell her that if they are packing in a zone you have to be able to hit that shot to open up the spacing. She doesn't want to hear it. When my son was 13 he was on a team that always shot threes to the point where they would ignore wide open post players, that was frustrating.

Comment

• I don't have a problem with shooting a team out of a zone. That was a proven strategy before there was a three point shot. Just take away the added value of the bomb so kids at this level don't see it as the first option in an offense.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Lets try this one. Now, don't come back and tell me this is a Scottish chipmunk from Edinburgh.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• I don't really know if the squirrel was from Glasgow. I just gathered that by the disgusting language and bravery. I mean, calling a prairie dog with a machine gun a c**t? That's balls.

Hopefully that is an Edinburgh grey on Harthill flyover, M8 Motorway, and on "Glasgow watch".

Comment

Working...
                                X