Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I became a Lions fan in '86 when my family moved to Michigan. In 91 things really started looking good. Hell in most of the 90s you could almost always count on the Lions pretty much winning the home games. I miss the Silverdome for that reason. The Lions seemed to win more home games there than at Ford Field. Ford Field, that's when the curse really sunk in for me.
    Welcome to "Building Year" number 67

Comment

• Stealing stuff from Keith Law is not good dude. Try Dane Cook or Carlos Mencia next time.

Comment

• Trick, why do you have an avatar of YT skinny dipping and diving for a can of folgers?
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• wasn't Sheldon White part of that great 94 secondary ??
          The only logical explanation is:
          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Sheldon was gone by 93.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              Trick, why do you have an avatar of YT skinny dipping and diving for a can of folgers?
              He wouldn't get outta my pool so I turned on the nanny-cam.

The Folgers can; well, that was in accordance with what we think Donny's wishes might well have been.

Also, I am a Nirvana fan and thought the "Calmer Than You Are" line was appropriate for this forum. Nevermind.
              Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Trickalicious is a Nirvana fan just because he is the coolest guy ever. Wow, I am not even being sarcastic nor mean with this comment, this dude is just cool.

Keep it up.
                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                  Trickalicious is a Nirvana fan just because he is the coolest guy ever. Wow, I am not even being sarcastic nor mean with this comment, this dude is just cool.

Keep it up.
                  Someone just earned an invite to next year's cotton candy pajama party. Bring your own fave Pat Boone vinyl. I'll be spinning the noise way past 8pm.

Comment

• Bring your own fave Pat Boone vinyl.
                    Would that be shoes, vest or hair?
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                      Would that be shoes, vest or hair?
                      Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
                        Someone just earned an invite to next year's cotton candy pajama party. Bring your own fave Pat Boone vinyl. I'll be spinning the noise way past 8pm.
                        COUNT ME IN
                        The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
                          wasn't Sheldon White part of that great 94 secondary ??
                          William White.

here's a recap from the Milwaukee Sentinel of that play. (One of the things that stood out was the statistical advantage of the Lions and how 'they couldn't stop us" ... Kramer had 248 passing yards. Laughed at numbers in today's NFL.

Cornerback Kevin Scott, on Sharpe's side, fell back with Sharpe for several steps but then let him go. Sharpe kept running along the sideline and Favre, who had been flushed from the pocket, scrambled left looking for West.
                          "But he didn't like anybody else," Mariucci said. "Great presence of mind."
                          The pass went 75 yards
                          As Favre scampered left his vision scanned the field. His eyes found Sharpe and, just as he had at New Orleans with a bomb in the final minute that set up the winning field goal, he released a bullet across the field.
                          The pass carried in the range of about 75 yards, coming down to the wide-open Sharpe perhaps seven yards deep in the end-zone corner. Safety William White, whose responsibility included the deep section of the field behind White, accepted the blame for not being there to stop Sharpe.
                          Forever One!

Comment

• ANother awful lions memory in a long line of them....It was quite a throw by Favre though, but it was hard to believe how open Sharpe was.

Comment

• They couldn't stop them, Barry had something like 170 yards in that game. Kramer threw a terrible pick 6 when they were inside Green Bay's 10

I could have swore White was off the field. It was a busted coverage where the safety didn't provide protection over the top. The thing that still stands out for me was if anyone has a tape of this game, look at the play directly before the Sharpe TD. It was a carbon copy type play to Sharpe but Favre threw it out of bounds. On that play there was nobody over the top as well. Sharpe was all alone on two plays.

Comment

• thus the term Same Ol Lions,,, the players change but the ridiculousness doesn't.
                                Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

Working...
                                X