Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guitarjack87 View Post
    You of all people should know what a coaching staff can do for a team, mr KC fan.
    Focus grasshopper.

KC has talented FB players (6 pro-bowlers on a 2 win team from last year). Their soon to be 11-5 record reflects it. They are still not where they need to be talent wise, but they do know how to close out lesser teams.

That's what somewhat talented teams can do.
    Last edited by Panoptes; December 23, 2013, 02:55 PM.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      They wouldn't fire Schwartz last year because of money, they certainly aren't paying big bucks for an established coach.
      It is the cycle:

Ross and Moeller's contract $$$$
      Mornhinwood $
      Mooch $$$$
      Moronelli $
      Schwantz I $$ (still paying Millen)
      Schwantz II $$$$$
      Next Schwantz ?
      The only logical explanation is:
      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• One of the problem with listing all of the things that went wrong and could have went right is it forgets things that went right and could have went wrong. The Cowboys game is the biggest example.
        Yep. If you play more consistently, turn the ball over less, there are fewer problems to overcome.

I get the feeling a lot of times, the opposing coach is over there playing a Milton Berle game, taking out just enough to win and moving on. That they gameplan around the fact that the Lions can't stop shooting themselves in the foot, and if they just take away big plays, the Lions don't have the discipline/talent to put them away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
          This is a direct question and I am sure you won't answer it, but How do you get a top 5 overall offense and a top 5 rush defense with poor talent and bad coaching? Top half of the League in overall defense and defensive scoring with poor coaching and talent? At some point, facts became a dirty word when making an assessment.
          You get a top 5 rush defense because you're so poor against the pass that teams don't run on you. Top five offense is meaningless if it's garbage yards. Are you truly that stupid?

Comment

• Not knowing how to correlate sports stats makes many people a deuce.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
              You get a top 5 rush defense because you're so poor against the pass that teams don't run on you. Top five offense is meaningless if it's garbage yards. Are you truly that stupid?
              You are too cute! You didn't define garbage yards comparative to the other teams that are top 5 or that those "garbage yards" yielded a top 10 scoring output as well. You are free to do so and show why they were garbage yards and why that suggests a lack of talent.

And your comments on the rush defense are likewise half baked and not worthy of any merit at all. But it was cute, I could see you working up the confidence to address me for a few weeks now.
              Last edited by Deuce; December 23, 2013, 04:17 PM.
              The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                Not knowing how to correlate sports stats makes many people a deuce.
                Thanks for showing your work big guy.
                Last edited by Deuce; December 23, 2013, 04:19 PM.
                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• God fucking dammit

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownPaperBag View Post
                    God fucking dammit
                    I rarely, literally laugh aloud at a post, but this one did it.

Something like 5 posts and then this!

Dude, that is classic.
                    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Seriously, this is a season that should be talked about for a long time.

Is there really a more epic Lion crash that anyone can recall?

A) Around the halfway mark, they had the division lead.

B) The rest of the division was on life support. Bears and Packers lose their starting QBs for weeks on end.

C) Lions proceed to lose 4 of their next 5, all to losing teams and teams that are struggling at best.

D) They nearly eliminate themselves from playoff contention altogether with two games left to play.

E) In week 16, they need both the Packers and Bears to lose (and win their game) and they STILL get a chance to make the playoffs.

F) The planets align, and the Packers and Bears both lose their games. The Lions, however, lose as well.

You couldn't script it better than that fellas.
                      The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• DEUCHE' is a mental case.

All of you have been warned.

Comment

• I mean, pretty much everyone expected them to lose to the Giants because we were "in the moment." The Lions were in letdown mode, and it was just to be expected.

But when you step back and look over the whole thing, it's really taking losing to a whole new art form.
                          The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                            Seriously, this is a season that should be talked about for a long time.

Is there really a more epic Lion crash that anyone can recall?

A) Around the halfway mark, they had the division lead.

B) The rest of the division was on life support. Bears and Packers lose their starting QBs for weeks on end.

C) Lions proceed to lose 4 of their next 5, all to losing teams and teams that are struggling at best.

D) They nearly eliminate themselves from playoff contention altogether with two games left to play.

E) In week 16, they need both the Packers and Bears to lose (and win their game) and they STILL get a chance to make the playoffs.

F) The planets align, and the Packers and Bears both lose their games. The Lions, however, lose as well.

You couldn't script it better than that fellas.

Another one bites the Dust with Jimmy Spiderman Allen was the closest disaster I can remember. Actually had a song that quickly morfed into another one beats our butts by the fans!

Comment

• ^The 1980 season was a much bigger disappointment. I think that was a better team. Also i was much younger back then.....I had not learned not to trust tbe Lions
                              AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
                                ^The 1980 season was a much bigger disappointment. I think that was a better team. Also i was much younger back then.....I had not learned not to trust tbe Lions
                                I agree.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X