Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst thing about last night's loss is what are they going to do from here? I'm assuming the season is lost. Would it be another rebuild or stay the course?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
      I wouldn't cry if the Lions moved to LA.
      There was a time where I would have. I mean I don't know about literally crying but I would've been devastated. Now that I'm probably at the end of my rope with them, I really don't think I'd give a shit.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      The worst thing about last night's loss is what are they going to do from here? I'm assuming the season is lost. Would it be another rebuild or stay the course?
      Yeah that's a good question. Real good question. I was thinking about this last night after the game. I have no idea and I don't think they do, either. My guess is they'll keep Mayhew, Caldwell, etc. and remove Lombardi at season's end and sell the hope that a new OC will bring the best out of Stafford blah blah blah and they'll continue their dreams of slipping into the postseason as a one & done wildcard via 9-7 or 10-6 seasons.
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Whatever they do, I hope they do it soon, like Tuesday afternoon or something. To be honest, while laying in a hospital bed 7 months ago with my life on the line (just found this out a couple weeks ago) all I wished is that I could make it to see this football season, based on what I thought about how the Lions might play this year. Needless to say, I am disappointed in what I have seen since then and my priorities have zoomed in a different direction. Personally, when it comes to the Lions, my give-a-damn" is busted.
        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

Whatever they do, I hope they do it soon, like Tuesday afternoon or something. To be honest, while laying in a hospital bed 7 months ago with my life on the line (just found this out a couple weeks ago) all I wished is that I could make it to see this football season
          Whoa, shark. Sorry to hear that. I hope things are trending up, bud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
            Whoa, shark. Sorry to hear that. I hope things are trending up, bud.
            Thanks Niff, feeling pretty good now, but there was a touch & go time back in Feb. AE just recently informed me no one thought I'd pull out of it.
            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

Thanks Niff, feeling pretty good now, but there was a touch & go time back in Feb. AE just recently informed me no one thought I'd pull out of it.
              Wow man, that's crazy. Great to hear though that you're on the up & up.

Yeah those types of experiences will obviously put things into a proper perspective. After the Lions blew the game to the Chargers, I was really down about it. Really, really down. Then I got a call from my Dad that night informing me of a family friend who had just lost his wife of 25 plus years to cancer. That same day. And there I was moments earlier depressed about some multi-millionaire dorks who I don't even know personally and will never know personally who play a damn game with a ball and score points that are completely meaningless in the real world.

The whole sports fandom thing is an illusion. Entertainment sure but not a millimeter more than that.

Comment

• We knew you'd make it, Sharkey
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• A weaker fan such as a patriot or cheesehead would not have hung tough.

Glad you are feeling better Sharkbait.
                  AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    We knew you'd make it, Sharkey
                    :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:: smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::s mile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::sm ile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smi le::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smil e::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile ::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:: smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::s mile::smile::smile:

Thank You, my friend.
                    You also, Max.

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                      Yeah it's pretty hard to beat the Lions in terms of franchise ineptitude.

All I know is they're clearly on the short list of worst professional sports franchises (ever) and you could probably make an argument for them as the worst.

But anyway we're just splitting hairs at that point. Fact of the matter is, it's just a shitty, shitty fucking pathetically laughable joke of a sports franchise.
                      It's not just about ineptitude. The Lions are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked. Probably the Cubs are only team that has any skin in the fight when it comes to pure suckitude. Maybe some teams in the EPL like Liverpool or Crystal Palace could have a claim as well.

This is about raw hurt. The Lions shouldn't really be causing severe distress to anyone at this point. The Lions are who we thought they were. If you bought the bullshit, that's on you. The further you fall, the more it hurts. On that scale, the Browns have been on the final ascent, and fallen right off the fucking mountain. I'm not sure Lions fans can understand how much that kills you.

It'd be like the 2005 Pistons or the 2009 Red Wings... but if those experiences were the only thing those fans had to fall back on. And even then, it'd be like the 2009 Red Wings losing in Game 7 because Niklas Lidstrom committed an unprecedented boner that let Sydney Crosby score the game winning goal in OT.

And that was the best it ever got for the Wings. If THAT was the franchise defining moment. If you were a Wings fan during the Dead Wings era, and can remember that period up until 1996 and were able to block out everything that happened after that... if you can remember how absolutely shitty those playoff failures felt, that might come close.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        It's not just about ineptitude. The Lions are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked. Probably the Cubs are only team that has any skin in the fight when it comes to pure suckitude. Maybe some teams in the EPL like Liverpool or Crystal Palace could have a claim as well.

This is about raw hurt. The Lions shouldn't really be causing severe distress to anyone at this point. The Lions are who we thought they were. If you bought the bullshit, that's on you. The further you fall, the more it hurts. On that scale, the Browns have been on the final ascent, and fallen right off the fucking mountain. I'm not sure Lions fans can understand how much that kills you.

It'd be like the 2005 Pistons or the 2009 Red Wings... but if those experiences were the only thing those fans had to fall back on. And even then, it'd be like the 2009 Red Wings losing in Game 7 because Niklas Lidstrom committed an unprecedented boner that let Sydney Crosby score the game winning goal in OT.

And that was the best it ever got for the Wings. If THAT was the franchise defining moment. If you were a Wings fan during the Dead Wings era, and can remember that period up until 1996 and were able to block out everything that happened after that... if you can remember how absolutely shitty those playoff failures felt, that might come close.
                        Agree about the Wings, been there, done that.

Comment

• Not buying it Chemi. I lived near Cleveland during the Kosar era. It was electric. Most Lions fans have never felt the way that city felt during that time. Losing their team hurt the city, but Browns fans have animosity toward Art Modell, not that team, not Ozzie, not Baltimore. They have embraced their new team and are disappointed in them for sure, but they don't have the same feeling that Lions fans have about their team. Even though the new Browns are bad and have been bad, the fans as a whole still have hope.

There is no comparison.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• What was the catalyst to the Wings rebirth was a change of ownership after 50 years. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen with the Lions - it's business as usual, no accountability at the top. Lewand and Mayhew are like Supreme Court justices, lifetime appointments until they say they are done.

Comment

• And prior to Wings getting good they were just an after thought in a niche sport. Nobody but die hard hockey fans gave a shit about them, and there were not many of them.

The wings and the Detroit Hockey Town bullshit is the epitome of bandwagon fandom

Comment

• Lewand and Mayhew are like Supreme Court justices, lifetime appointments until they say they are done.
                                I don't think they have any chance of surviving this season. If they do then Ford Jr will prove to care as little about winning as his father did.

Comment

Working...
                                X