Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I don't think they have any chance of surviving this season. If they do then Ford Jr will prove to care as little about winning as his father did.
    I don't know, man. This is the Lions we're talking about after all.

Unless they hit the depths of 3 wins & below, Caldwell will almost assuredly live to see at least another season.
    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      We knew you'd make it, Sharkey
      ^^ What he said. It's great to see you feeling better.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
        ^^ What he said. It's great to see you feeling better.
        Thanks.
        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• I had a hard disconnect, ala the Matrix, after the Minnesota game. I stopped watching the Bronco's game about halfway through the 3rd. They were down 5 and it was so boring, and so anemic, I just knew they weren't going to do anything to win that game. Where the fuck does this team go from here...and at what point would it be a good time to clean house from Mayhew/Lewand on down...

It was easier when I didn't have any expectations.
          1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Wow. Deuce, Guitarjack. The assholes are falling quickly (myself included).

Actually I turned in my Lions fan card on a temporary basis as well.

Whelp, when one window closes...... I guess you have to pick a team to root for on an interim basis.

Maybe I will just root for Michael Vick to get mauled by whoever each week.
            Last edited by dpatnod; September 28, 2015, 11:35 PM.
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
              Thanks Niff, feeling pretty good now, but there was a touch & go time back in Feb. AE just recently informed me no one thought I'd pull out of it.
              You are the main man, Sharkbait. If the Lions had even just 2% of your courage and fight, they'd win the feckin SuperBowl. Awesome stuff.

And God, if you hear this....... Don't turn this survivor into a Packer fan !
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Liverpool? The team is one of the most successful English soccer teams. You're out of your element Donny.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  And prior to Wings getting good they were just an after thought in a niche sport. Nobody but die hard hockey fans gave a shit about them, and there were not many of them.

The wings and the Detroit Hockey Town bullshit is the epitome of bandwagon fandom
                  Hockey was a very regional sport.

If you did not grow up in the ice belt where you could strap on a pair of skates and go skate on a nearby pond, the skills required for hockey were not appreciated.

TV exposure in the late 60's and early 70's, particularly to an audience that was no longer watching football but the time slot was replaced with playoff hockey is to credit for the sport gaining popularity.

If people are not exposed to sports as children, by the time they get to adulthood the have no interest in them and could care less if they even exist.

Soccer and Lacrosse are perfect examples of sports that are gaining popularity due to introduction during childhood.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• It has been known to have been said, that , in this country, if you do not like soccer, you are homosexual.
                    But in other countries, if you like soccer, again, you are a homosexual.
                    I just wish the big girls blouses who play it would stop faking injury.

I too was a bit taken back by "suckitude" being applied to Liverpool FC. One of the most successful soccer teams of all time, loaded with Scottish players, managed by a Scottish manager!
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      The worst thing about last night's loss is what are they going to do from here? I'm assuming the season is lost. Would it be another rebuild or stay the course?

They will win enough games to remain in purgatory
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• You're right, I don't know EPL history that well. I threw out Liverpool because hasn't it been something like 30 years since their last title?

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                          I remember when Escanaba beat Grand Blanc in a playoff off game. Think it was played in Petoskey. Grand Blanc went up 21 -0 due to some non typical errors. We came back and won. Jeff Nault sacked Steve Smith, who went on to play for UM, seven times. He was all over hiss ass. We lost in the finals that year but won the next.
                          You in Escanaba? Many, many moons ago we (Flint Northwestern) were 5-1. Only losing our first game to Flint Powers Catholic (after they called back 5 tds on penalties - 2 were Mark Ingram catches). Anyway, we were #2 in the state after beating #3 Midland soundly. Escanaba was rated #1 but hadn't played anyone. As a matter of fact they hadn't played a Class A team all year. So, because of how they set up the districts back then (and the few teams that made the playoffs) we were on track to make it ahead of Escanaba. We had beat 3 top ten teams. Well, they changed their schedule to play some team in Grand Rapids and win or lose they would get in over us. Guys just gave up and started coming to practice drunk and high. We went on to lose 2 of our last three. Escanaba won it all that year. Screw Escanaba:-x
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            You're right, I don't know EPL history that well. I threw out Liverpool because hasn't it been something like 30 years since their last title?
                            They've never won an EPL title, but they've won the most league titles in the English league and the EPL is relatively young. They have won FA Cups and they won a Champions league title a decade ago and I believe went to the Champions league final two other times since. Not winning a league title is no doubt an issue for them, but they've had success. With the Lions we are talking wanting to see them at least win a playoff game.

Teams in the premier league can't really be analogous to the NFL because of relegation. The Lions would have been relegated many moons ago.

Comment

• Liverpool also won three European Cups......, it was simply called "The European Cup" before it became "The Champions League". Same trophy. Arguably the best soccer trophy of them all. Well, it's certainly my favourite.

Edit: they won 4 European cups, 1 champions league. So 5 in total.
                              Last edited by Marko69; September 29, 2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Okay, fine. Let's argue an entirely different point because you can't address the main one. That it hurts more when you should be successful and fail than to fail when you should fail. That Detroit is arguably the shittiest franchise in professional sports history isn't much of a debate, and it's something that you really have to look to find anyone that can have a reasonable contention.

Cleveland fans, I believe, have it worse than Lions fans. Lions fans are in pain because they're stupid and buy into bullshit. Our suffering is nigh entirely self-inflicted. We get zero sympathy, and deservedly so. But Cleveland? They've gotten dick punched repeatedly. Sorry, Detroit, but you can't even win the title of most suffering fan base. That goes to the Cleveland Browns.
                                Last edited by chemiclord; September 29, 2015, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X