Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've argued it fine, I don't think it is a valid point.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      I've argued it fine, I don't think it is a valid point.
      And I don't think YOUR reasoning is valid. So, I guess we're at an impasse.

Comment

• I feel for the Cleveland fans because as bad as the Lions have been, we have had years of the Red Wings being good and winning a championship. The Pistons being good and winning championships. The Tigers being good and winning a championship. Hell, even the Shock won. What has a Cleveland fan have to look forward to in professional sports? Ohio State football?

Even there Michigan State and/or Michigan have been right there.

Unless you only watch and care about the NFL, you can't match that. It's so bad I root for Bron bron to bring them a championship.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
          It is no longer sports. It is how much will you pay to watch me play.

I mocked the amount of times they went to commercials during yesterdays game because virtually in the first half, if the ball changed hands or a review was made (and there were some from the teams and some from the officials booth, there was always a TV time out and the income revenue counter was spinning so fast, they had to replace the counter to make sure they did not miss anything).

......and I am not going to get into the officiating discussion but, when the amount of calls on the field were overturned by instant replay, ......well, nuff said.
          D-V-R my friends. The average person (someone who doesn't really watch TV that much) wastes 7 years of their life just watching commercials. Not me. The average game takes me between an hour to a hour and a half to watch.

I tried to watch one with the commercials and almost fell asleep.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Morgan View Post
            I don't think they have any chance of surviving this season. If they do then Ford Jr will prove to care as little about winning as his father did.
            Well, unfortunately Ford Jr is not the owner and is not in charge. Martha, who is more nice then her husband was, is in charge.

They would have to go 0-16 again to get rid of Mayhew. Is anyone willing to hope that happens?

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
              D-V-R my friends. The average person (someone who doesn't really watch TV that much) wastes 7 years of their life just watching commercials. Not me. The average game takes me between an hour to a hour and a half to watch.

I tried to watch one with the commercials and almost fell asleep.
              Heh, heh. I hear you.

I have told the Mrs. it is time to get one.

(but first I went to the basement to blow the dust of the VCR and DVD players that are all but obsolete)
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                I remember that, DanO. It was the first time I'd heard of Escanaba. Steve Smith and GB came to Davison that year and whipped us pretty good.

My dad grew up in GB and played football and/or the marching band there. Then he marched at Meeeeeee-chigan.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                  Well, unfortunately Ford Jr is not the owner and is not in charge. Martha, who is more nice then her husband was, is in charge.

They would have to go 0-16 again to get rid of Mayhew. Is anyone willing to hope that happens?
                  Both Mayhem and that drunk who is his superior need to go.. I have no hope in this franchise, none. They have a incompetent joke for a coach and staff, a coach killer for a QB, the worst drafting record in the NFL the last 20 years, a GM with apparently a lifetime job, and ownership family that's totally devoid of any competitiveness qualities and clueless on how to run a sports franchise and the whole thing is run by an 80 year old lady. Yep, all kinds of success markers here. I feel sorry for you young guys whose fate is dealing with this crap for the next few decades as I have done for the last 5.

Comment

• Heard this from John Feinstein of CBS sports yesterday on CBS Sports Minute.

Follow the link and scroll down to the 6th entry, Feinstein on being a Lions fan.

I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "That it hurts more when you should be successful and fail than to fail when you should fail"
                      --------------------------I've been telling you guys that for some time now. If I have no expectations to win, it doesn't hurt. If I do it does. Pretty simple. You finally get it.

Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      You in Escanaba? Many, many moons ago we (Flint Northwestern) were 5-1. Only losing our first game to Flint Powers Catholic (after they called back 5 tds on penalties - 2 were Mark Ingram catches). Anyway, we were #2 in the state after beating #3 Midland soundly. Escanaba was rated #1 but hadn't played anyone. As a matter of fact they hadn't played a Class A team all year. So, because of how they set up the districts back then (and the few teams that made the playoffs) we were on track to make it ahead of Escanaba. We had beat 3 top ten teams. Well, they changed their schedule to play some team in Grand Rapids and win or lose they would get in over us. Guys just gave up and started coming to practice drunk and high. We went on to lose 2 of our last three. Escanaba won it all that year. Screw Escanaba:-x
                      LOL. That would be 1981. I don't remember them "changing their schedule" but that team went undefeated. When I was a senior in 1979 we went undefeated through the regular season but didn't qualify for the playoffs because we didn't have enough points. We didn't play enough quality teams. The next year they put better competition on the schedule going to Green Bay to play higher quality teams and downstate as well. They made it to the finals that year but lost. The next year they played a similar schedule and didn't lose a game winning the state title.

Back then it was rumored that downstate teams scoffed at U.P. teams thinking we were just a bunch of hillbillies, and/or, farmers and couldn't play football. Now U.P. teams are a regular appearance in playoff competition.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                        "That it hurts more when you should be successful and fail than to fail when you should fail"
                        --------------------------I've been telling you guys that for some time now. If I have no expectations to win, it doesn't hurt. If I do it does. Pretty simple. You finally get it.
                        That wasn't what I question you about.

It's your undying devotion to a team that has shown you nothing, and your undying spite for a team that has that confuses me.

Comment

• I've been pissed at the Lions when I EXPECT them to win. They are the Lions. There hasn't been much expectations so no, not a lot of bitching about the Lions. The Tigers have had high expectations and have not reached them. Therefore I bitch. If the situation were reversed you would see the complete opposite. It has nothing to do with a perceived preference. It's a simple expectation.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            You are the main man, Sharkbait. If the Lions had even just 2% of your courage and fight, they'd win the feckin SuperBowl. Awesome stuff.

And God, if you hear this....... Don't turn this survivor into a Packer fan !
                            Strange, ... I was in a bookstore today and saw a book titled, Lord, Change My Attitude Before It's Too Late, by James MacDonald. Guess God heard you Marko69. Besides, packer fans have told my they probably would accept me into the fold if I were a former Viking fan, maybe if I were a former Bears fan, but a former Lions fan? Never ever, no way, Hell no, not a chance, not at this time, thanks, but no thanks, and not possible. Those were only 2 of packer fans I talked to, need I say more? Guess I am stuck being a Lion Fan. Dammit!:-|
                            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Would it be like a stinking prick jambofucker changing to Hibs FC? Rivalry just too big? They'd always be regarded as a jambofucker in my eyes. This must be the view of packers fans regards lions fans, and vice versa.
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Would it be like a stinking prick jambofucker changing to Hibs FC? Rivalry just too big? They'd always be regarded as a jambofucker in my eyes. This must be the view of packers fans regards lions fans, and vice versa.
                                You are right Marco. Can't figure out why pack fans hate the Lions. It's not like the Lions are ever going to e a threat to them.
                                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

Working...
                                X