Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, only 2 games are determined by your finish. It's mostly about what 2 predetermined divisions you happen to be playing in a given year (the Lions have AFC North and NFC East this year) and the relative strength or your own division.

Comment

does it rotate at all or if we were to have the right division strength could we keep playing the same division each year?
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

It's a pre-determined rotation, so the Lions play against the 3 NFC divisions over a 3-year period and the 4 AFC divisions over a 4 year period.

Comment

I think the Lions will have one let down game. Maybe even call it a meltdown game. They have shown over and over that they cannot play 60 minutes of disciplined football. Either the Eagles or Giants game is my thinking. GB on Tday and Ravens on Monday night should be solid wins.
          Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

NFL Scheduling

6 divisional games (3 home and 3 away)
            4 games against another division within the conference on a rotational basis (2 home and 2 away) such that they will play each team within that division at a minimum of once every 3 years. Furthermore, they are gauranteed to play that team at home at least once every 6 years.
            4 games against another division in the other conference on a rotational basis (2 home and 2 away) such that they will play each team within that division once every 4 years. Furthermore, they are gauranteed to play that team at home at least once every 8 years.
            2 games against teams in the same conference with the same previous season finish and who are not already on the schedule by the above rules (1 home and 1 away).
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

^ yep ... There is NO flexibility in the schedule anymore. A decade or more ago you could count on the Lions struggling when they didn't have a 'last' place scheduled teed up for them.

This year we played the AFC North (Cleveland, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Baltimore)
              and the NFC East (NY Giants, Dallas, Philly, Washington)
              and of course our divisional games (Minny x2, Green Bay x 2, Chicago x2)

Which leaves you with only 2 games that weren't pre-ordained.

At Arizona (last in the NFC west in 2012)
              Tampa Bay (last in the NFC east in 2012)
              Forever One!

Comment

next year we get the AFC East and the NFC South (and a road game at New England)

If we win our division our 2 additional games would be (currently)

at Seattle
                Dallas at home (or Philly)
                Forever One!

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                  I think the Lions will have one let down game. Maybe even call it a meltdown game. They have shown over and over that they cannot play 60 minutes of disciplined football. Either the Eagles or Giants game is my thinking. GB on Tday and Ravens on Monday night should be solid wins.
                  My fear is that the Eagles game gets flexed into prime time (as the current matchup for that week is GB vs. Atlanta, which looked like it would be a good game back in August, now, not so much) and the Lions shit themselves on national TV.

Comment

The Patriots in recent years have been demolishing teams quite a bit. But they haven't won the Super Bowl in recent years.

Back when they were winning Super Bowls they'd always seem to win 20-17. No matter who they played, it would be a hard-fought game and the Patriots would pull it out in the end.

I'm not comparing the Lions to the Patriots' dynasty. Just saying they're reaching the level where they can win consistently.
                    "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                    Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Dano talking about opening a coffee enema shop, and he throws out this beauty:

I'm going to look for sales on Tygon tubing. Maybe we can start this from the back of the flower shop and move forward from there.
                      Last edited by DanO; November 14, 2013, 05:30 PM.
                      It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

Would you call that shop Flush N' Flowers?
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

I think the Lions will have one let down game. Maybe even call it a meltdown game.
                          Agree, maybe 2, but I think they may win one we don't expect.
                          AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
                            Agree, maybe 2, but I think they may win one we don't expect.
                            Which one would that be, Chuck?

I think the only one left on the schedule that I wouldn't expect them to win (not that I think that they will win out) would be the Thanksgiving Day game if Rodgers plays.

Other than that I look at the schedule, as things stand right now, and think that I would say, "They should win this one" to every game.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Re: At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Originally posted by RVA_Lion View Post
                              My fear is that the Eagles game gets flexed into prime time (as the current matchup for that week is GB vs. Atlanta, which looked like it would be a good game back in August, now, not so much) and the Lions shit themselves on national TV.
                              IDK, the GB-NYG game got changed from primetime and replaced with KC-DEN this week. Don't know if they would do that to the Peckers twice.
                              Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

To be honest .... with or without Rodgers I expect them to beat the Pack ... at home ... on Thanksgiving. The Packs defense is nothing special and Rodgers will have a hard time matching score for score against Stafford if he has a full compliment of weapons (Bush, Calvin, Burleson).

The Pack will really miss Cobb and Nelson and Jones are the big physical receivers that Jeffrey and Marshall are that gave our DB's fits.
                                Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X