Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. That’s amazing. Sheila and Holmes deserve all the praise in the world but Campbell ties it together. I was so mad when I heard he was the hire.

​​​​… then came his press conference and it’s been all awesome ever sense. I wish we could do Hard Knocks again just for a the entertainment alone.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Dan was a curious hire for sure....Not an Xs and Os guy but more of a rah rah type....Reminds me of Ditka and Bill Cowher, who both had very good success.....No one knew if it would work or not because he has to overcome 60+ years of playoff futility....This year was quite a rollercoaster but he appears to have turned it around.....Excellent drafting and team chemistry are a major plus, but now there are expectations....

Comment

• The “not an X’s and O’s guy” I wildly overplayed. Listen to anyone talk about him and they mention how smart he is. He also played a huge part in revamping the offense last year and obviously calling the plays. He’s not this hands off, fire’em up meathead some people still want to make him out to be.

Comment

• There was that article where it showed how he got into coaching. He volunteered at A and M, so he couldn't actually coach the players. He could only observe, but he coached the Tight Ends coach Zac Taylor how to coach tight ends.

He plays up the football rah, rah stuff as part of the act. Some of it is genuine, but some of it is part of the gig. Football teams have two spokesmen, the head coach and the quarterback. It's their job to take the tough questions and shield the rest of the team. Campbell was calling plays last year, he is smart, he just has enough confidence in himself to let people run wild with the kneecaps stuff.

Comment

• Modern day coaches (the good ones) cultivate a locker room like it’s a family.

The parcels/Belichek way of running an early 1900s sweatshop mentality is dead

Comment

• Great to see you post, GJ87. This infamous thread is in the same league as the "Stafford Sucks"......, very entertaining.

Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
              Modern day coaches (the good ones) cultivate a locker room like it’s a family.

The parcels/Belichek way of running an early 1900s sweatshop mentality is dead
              What does this actually mean, Nick? Genuinely asking. What is the 1900's sweatshop mentality?

Please tell me Campbell doesn't run the locker room like one of those football movies by Universal Studios?

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                Great to see you post, GJ87. This infamous thread is in the same league as the "Stafford Sucks"......, very entertaining.

What does this actually mean, Nick? Genuinely asking. What is the 1900's sweatshop mentality?

Please tell me Campbell doesn't run the locker room like one of those football movies by Universal Studios?

Ruling though fear…

I remember all of the old clips of Parcells telling players they were always 1 wrong step away from being cut (paraphrasing).

Lions players play harder for each other and harder for coach…not because they’re scared of their next mistake and what the boss is going to do/say to them for it(like an early 1900s sweatshop).

Comment

• Kinda like the slob Patricia tellibng reports to "sit up straight" at press conferences....... Or other coaches showing up on motorcycles to look bad ass.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                    What does this actually mean, Nick? Genuinely asking. What is the 1900's sweatshop mentality?​
                    Do as you are told or else.

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• this has to be the first time this thread has been brough back from the dead without a hint of sacasm............
                      The only logical explanation is:
                      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Wow! Good to see you.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Do as you are told or else.
                          Yep, got that from Nicks reply.

The "or else" part in America is fucking scary.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• That mentality works if you have been very successful. Players will put up with that if they know they are contenders. Belichick is a strange cat, a lot of the former players swear by him. But they have to toe the line or risk being cut. That shit never works for guys like Patricia who never earned that type of capital.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                              Dan was a curious hire for sure....Not an Xs and Os guy but more of a rah rah type....Reminds me of Ditka and Bill Cowher, who both had very good success.....No one knew if it would work or not because he has to overcome 60+ years of playoff futility....This year was quite a rollercoaster but he appears to have turned it around.....Excellent drafting and team chemistry are a major plus, but now there are expectations....
                              I was thinking Campbell may be our Bill Cowher. Anytime the Lions were looking for a new coach, there would always be a fan that would say the Lions needed to do whatever to bring Cowher out of retirement. But Campbell seems to be just like Cowher in that he’s a leader and a guy that can relate to the players since he played before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                                Kinda like the slob Patricia tellibng reports to "sit up straight" at press conferences....... Or other coaches showing up on motorcycles to look bad ass.....
                                Yeah sit up straight and have respect for the process. I'm 10 minutes late, won't answer any of your questions about anything because it's a competitive advantage that you don't know about a hamstring injury, and I look like a guy living in his Mom's basement in my sweatpants pajamas and 3-month beard. BTW I might be a rapist, who knows. Now let me get back to writing on this laminated paper with my pencil while we practice in a blizzard.
                                "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                                Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Working...
                                X