No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's when Chelski and Citeh flash the rings and say, "We don't give a feck. Suck on a bawbag and cry some more, cunts."

Ain't nothing stopping other clubs from getting the talent they need. Money is just the convenient excuse. Get a draft system and players forced into specific franchises, and those clubs would just invent another excuse why they suck.

Comment

• Remember as a 14 year old playing for my local club, we had a Scottish Cup tie in Stevenston in Glasgow. Morning KO..... in the afternoon, the Rangers supporting coach took us all to Ibrox for a Rangers v Motherwell game. 55K capacity Ibrox filled with 8K fans.
      Then a few years later, Murray bought them........., won a title after the 3 foreigner rule was scrapped......., everyone and their dug scrambling about for season tickets.

Just like Man City now........, the old Maine Road was a ghost town.

It is much better being Hibs & Detroit Lions fans......, knowledge that they will forever suck..... (on a bawbag if that floats yer boat, Chemic)......., and our passion for these clubs, franchises is built on hope that it will happen over the course of time.

Granted..... time is pressing on rapidly when it comes to those Lions.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
        .....Don't know what it is like in America, but most people here don't really recognize Chelski's or Citeh's achievements. It is just purchased success. There needs to be a draft system in soccer.
        How do you have a draft system for foreign players?
        How do you have a draft system to decide who gets to "steal" a promising player from a lower league team?

Comment

• Should've put quotes around "draft"

Any system then.

A system that keeps things interesting. Like your NFL......, Australia's AFL.

Regarding Scotland: Celtic or Sevco.....
          Portugal: Porto or Benfica
          Germany: Bayern, Dortmund (sometimes)
          Spain: Real, Barca
          etc etc

Monotonous pish.

For a long long time, (90s), I have always been in favour of scrapping the European Cup / Champions League and just having these elite teams be in a "Superleague"

Fuck off and let Hibs win a league! Knowing Hibs though....., when the chance arises, the Jambofkers take over!
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

Should've put quotes around "draft"

Any system then.

A system that keeps things interesting. Like your NFL......, Australia's AFL.

Regarding Scotland: Celtic or Sevco.....
            Portugal: Porto or Benfica
            Germany: Bayern, Dortmund (sometimes)
            Spain: Real, Barca
            etc etc

Monotonous pish.

For a long long time, (90s), I have always been in favour of scrapping the European Cup / Champions League and just having these elite teams be in a "Superleague"

Fuck off and let Hibs win a league! Knowing Hibs though....., when the chance arises, the Jambofkers take over!
            Here's the thing. A draft actually doesn't make things interesting. It's sole purpose is to keep salaries down.

The Lions suck with a draft. They'd suck without one. Because it has nothing to do with the system of talent appropriation and everything to do with being run by a family of incompetent boobs who wouldn't know how to identify talent if it bit them square on the ass.

Comment

• Definitely one to admit that for me, the NFL draft system is too complicated to fully understand. My understanding of the AFL is lower end league positions getting higher draft picks, (simplest explanation)...., essentially having teams getting wooden spoons but competing in the play-offs the season after.

As it stand in Scotland......., the minute Hibernian have a superstar coming through the ranks at schoolboy age, (Hutchison Vale FC; club where a lot of Scottish internationals played when kids) ...., they are snapped up by Celtic or Sevco for their reserve team for maybe 100 grand......, two years later the player is moved on to maybe a Birmingham City for 2 mill.

Here is a stat......., no other team apart from Celtic or Sevco have won a Scottish title since the early 80's. That was Aberdeen.

Imagine it was either the NY Giants or SF 49ers every fucking year since 1985? Jaysus H Christ you'd be bored off yer double vacced man -tits.

Comment

• That is the problem with really getting all-in watching European football. You know before the season starts in most cases it's a 2 team affair - everyone else is just there so that those two teams can have a season. Consider yourself entertained when some team rains on that parade every year - otherwise it really reaches the point of two fucks given.

Literally every league in Europe has that problem - they are all top heavy to the extreme.

Comment

Definitely one to admit that for me, the NFL draft system is too complicated to fully understand. My understanding of the AFL is lower end league positions getting higher draft picks, (simplest explanation)...., essentially having teams getting wooden spoons but competing in the play-offs the season after.

As it stand in Scotland......., the minute Hibernian have a superstar coming through the ranks at schoolboy age, (Hutchison Vale FC; club where a lot of Scottish internationals played when kids) ...., they are snapped up by Celtic or Sevco for their reserve team for maybe 100 grand......, two years later the player is moved on to maybe a Birmingham City for 2 mill.

Here is a stat......., no other team apart from Celtic or Sevco have won a Scottish title since the early 80's. That was Aberdeen.

Imagine it was either the NY Giants or SF 49ers every fucking year since 1985? Jaysus H Christ you'd be bored off yer double vacced man -tits.
                  Well, here's the thing. The Hibs don't HAVE to sell that up and coming superstar. They CHOOSE to do so for cash (or CHOOSE to let that player go rather than pay themselves), then blame the spenders.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Well, here's the thing. The Hibs don't HAVE to sell that up and coming superstar. They CHOOSE to do so for cash (or CHOOSE to let that player go rather than pay themselves), then blame the spenders.
                    You're strolling into the other problem. Hibs DO have to sell. Because Edinburgh based TWATS prefer to pack out Glasgow stadiums instead heading along to their local stadium. Glory hunters. Hibs pack anywhere from 13 - 20K at Easter Road......, Celtic, 60K......, guaranteed 20K of that 60 are heading along the M8 from Edinburgh. Erseholes!!

Conversation with auld Tam a few years back, (RIP auld Tam ya Celtic tosser!!)
                    Going to the football on Saturday Tam?
                    Aye, home game.
                    Away game?
                    Naw son,. Home game.
                    Naw Tam, away game.
                    What are ye talking aboot son, its at Parkhead.
                    Aye. Thats an away game for you Tam. Ye stay in Port Seton FFS!

Comment

The LAST thing you want is to lose the player (on a Free) AND get a bottom dollar cut rate compensation for losing him. That is just bad business at every level.
                      So yes, they eventually do need to sell that player - lest they look like idiots - because they WILL lose the player.
                      Football is a business - and the unfortunate things is unless you are one of those Whale clubs - you are a feeder club.

Comment

• Nah, they don't. They just don't WANT to because they fear they won't get a return on investment. That's all part of the scam. Spend as little as possible to maximize profits, blame the spenders for the fact that they suck.

The Hibs could be drawing those crowds, but they'd have to take a chance, spend some money, and field a competent team first. But this, of course, would ruin the reason for owning the club in the first place (it's easy money with little effort and low expectations).

Comment

Nah, they don't. They just don't WANT to because they fear they won't get a return on investment. That's all part of the scam. Spend as little as possible to maximize profits, blame the spenders for the fact that they suck.

The Hibs could be drawing those crowds, but they'd have to take a chance, spend some money, and field a competent team first. But this, of course, would ruin the reason for owning the club in the first place (it's easy money with little effort and low expectations).
                          Hibs is working with a budget that is like maybe 10-20% of what Celtic is - so is the owner supposed to come out of his own pocket to fuel that team building (and sustain it) year after year. It's easy to spend someone elses money.....

Comment

• Now, I will sympathize with lower tier franchises losing a world-class superstar for huge bucks by a larger world-class franchise. That does suck. But should that player accept a fraction of what their market value is just so some clown who hasn't done shit but shit in a chair and make money for sentiment? Fuck that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Hibs is working with a budget that is like maybe 10-20% of what Celtic is - so is the owner supposed to come out of his own pocket to fuel that team building (and sustain it) year after year. It's easy to spend someone elses money.....
                              Frankly? YES!

If you don't want to lose players, PAY THEM! If you can't pay them, then get out of the business and sell it to someone who will. I have NO sympathy for the Hibs ownership group.

How do billionaire boots taste?

Comment

• The spenders who have actually got fuck all to spend? The now defunct Rangers FC? The new Sevco with Gerrard who ALREADY spending what he doesn't have? I'd rather stay smaller win the Scottish every few years and have that party.

And no one is blaming the spenders in this conversation. I'm blaming the glory hunting fans. And Hibs for selling most of Hawkhill Crescent back to the council and MASSIVELY reducing the capacity of the East Stand.

But getting back to the original stuff........ if a club as FUCKING MASSIVE as Arsenal FC have to spend MORE than they do to compete......, then its all fucked.

And Messi on 450 squillion Euros for 38 games of soccer is also fucked up.

MON THE CABBAGE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X