No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certainly after the 2020 GF loss to the Tiges, (mention it at every opportunity) and last seasons prelim loss, the general consensus was that the chance was gone. Too much gut busting effort for no reward for these more elderly players of the AFL. But man, hats off to Chris Scott and Co for sticking to the task and pulling out all the stops. Mammoth effort. And captain Joel Selwood retires. What a career!

Isaac Smith was brilliant first half, but with you 100% on Paddy Dangerfield. He was sensational......, especially with that unselfish handball in the 4th for Cameron to bag a GF goal. Superb stuff. Should've won the Norm Smith for his game over the 4 quarters.

One player who gets overlooked a lot is Irishman, Zach Tuohy. Just goes about his business up and down on the right side of the ground and just never makes mistakes..... always finds his way out of tight situations.

Well done, Cats.

Where is TonyG? Get the AFL thread started next March.

Tiges....., Premiers 2023
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Fuckin Dabrowski can't even stay on the field. You can't win with that guy! He's no Marshall for sure, but he shouldn't be in the league for that matter. Dabrowski is the Shittiest Shit to ever Shit!
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
        Fuckin Dabrowski can't even stay on the field. You can't win with that guy! He's no Marshall for sure, but he shouldn't be in the league for that matter. Dabrowski is the Shittiest Shit to ever Shit!
        👌
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• What precision from TAA v Rangers with that freekick. Superb stuff 👌👏👏👏👏

Comment

• You watch the game, Froot Loops? Inspired first half by 'Gers keeper, Allan McGregor. Liverpool should've been 4-0 up @ HT.

Comment

• I totally missed it. It's a hit and miss proposition on remembering to put on champions league games.

Comment

• Lol, Celtic vs RB Leipzig
                1-1, RB Leipzig gets a goal disallowed through VAR (justified) and 10 seconds later Hart just passes the ball to Leipzig and they slot it home.
                Maybe the goal of the tournament put RB Leipzig up 3-1. 40 yd ball on the foot - volley across the face of goal to a teammate for a simple slot in.
                Brilliant.

Comment

• Joe Hart has been laughable for YEARS. He needs to hang up the gloves.

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS: The Liverpool manager has resigned. He's taking his family home to Germany.

The Klopps go back this weekend.

Comment

• How does that work over there with no games on Boxing Day this year?
                      People going to start throwing people off subway platforms like they do in NY?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                        How does that work over there with no games on Boxing Day this year?
                        People going to start throwing people off subway platforms like they do in NY?
                        Had to google this, Fraquar. Looks like there are games on?

World Cup finishes in Qatar on 18th Dec, but there are definitely games on 26th Dec......., Gunners v West Ham @ 8pm....., (son an Arsenal fan)

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Had to google this, Fraquar. Looks like there are games on?

World Cup finishes in Qatar on 18th Dec, but there are definitely games on 26th Dec......., Gunners v West Ham @ 8pm....., (son an Arsenal fan)
                          How in the hell are they going to have games on a week after the WC finishes? Madness.....
                          I can understand Championship and below, but the Premiership? They are the league with a ton of players going to the World Cup....

I'd have thought they just wait until the new year and be done with it. Give the lads a few weeks rest and then get back at it.
                          Now imagine what would happen if England were to somehow win their 2nd World Cup - and first in nearly 60 years?
                          Shit, on Boxing Day the fans would still be strung out drunk as shit in the streets.
                          "We got the Cup, We got the Cup, I just don't think you understand...." :D

Comment

• The semis are on the 14th. That's enough time, a few teams may be affected by a couple players. The African Cup of Nations has more disruption.

The PL makes a ton of it's money on the festive fixtures.

Comment

• African Cup of Nations has nowhere near the disruption.
                              Look at a team like Man City - literally the entire team is off to the World Cup - and can't really train until they get most of them back.

Comment

• Man City will be totally fine, Norway isnt even playing. You are acting like every team stays in Qatar even after they have been eliminated. Not true! Once a team is knocked out the players go back home. Trust me on this!

Comment

Working...
                                X