No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of these teams just suck at shootouts.

Comment

• Argentina vs Croatia.

Comment

• With 7 minutes to play @ 2-0...... and then 2-0 up in the PENS....., if Argentina had NOT gone through, then it was never to be for the best player to ever grace the game in Lionel Messiah Messi.

But its still on ----->>>>> KAAAAM AN!!!
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Lionel Messi Win GIF by FIFA
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            With 7 minutes to play @ 2-0...... and then 2-0 up in the PENS....., if Argentina had NOT gone through, then it was never to be for the best player to ever grace the game in Lionel Messiah Messi.

But its still on ----->>>>> KAAAAM AN!!!
            Meh, they face Rocky next....
            Weird because where I work there are a lot of Brazilians - and they wouldn't love nothing more than for Croatia to beat Argentina.

Comment

• Argentina France final........, could be ropey..... Mbappe will be an obstacle.

Comment

• Croatia v France - part deux.
                Won't end any differently.

France, first defending Champion since the Pele Brazil era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                  Croatia v France - part deux.
                  Won't end any differently.

France, first defending Champion since the Pele Brazil era.
                  Its Englands "World Cup Final" tomorrow night v the frogs......., reckon France should win that one, ......, and France "should" really be retaining the trophy judging by what has been on offer......, but got to see the wee man lift that 75% solid gold cup before hanging up his boots.

Comment

• I love how the bracket played out.
                    Morocco (basically the Cinderella) vs Portugal (Ronaldo)
                    France (Defending Champs) vs England (Captain Kane)

Then Croatia (Modric) vs Argentina (Messi).

Gotta root for a Croatia vs England final. My Captain Kane Tottenham #18 jersey has aged like fine wine.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Do we.even know if Ronaldo is starting? They play better without him, just like Man United. He's washed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Its Englands "World Cup Final" tomorrow night v the frogs......., reckon France should win that one, ......, and France "should" really be retaining the trophy judging by what has been on offer......, but got to see the wee man lift that 75% solid gold cup before hanging up his boots.
                        England will bottle it. It's what they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                          I love how the bracket played out.
                          Morocco (basically the Cinderella) vs Portugal (Ronaldo)
                          France (Defending Champs) vs England (Captain Kane)

Then Croatia (Modric) vs Argentina (Messi).

Gotta root for a Croatia vs England final. My Captain Kane Tottenham #18 jersey has aged like fine wine.
                          Nobody on that side of the bracket is beating France, unless France plays like they've already won the Cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            Do we.even know if Ronaldo is starting? They play better without him, just like Man United. He's washed.
                            They play better without him because with him everyone on that team feels obligated to feed him the ball - which means most of the team is taken out of the attacking equation.
                            Still not sure they'd have what it takes to break down France, let alone stop them in the defensive third - with or without Ronaldo.

Funny, but I hear the word Ronaldo I think of the Brazilian - not the Portugese. First striker in my lifetime I ever saw who literally had it all. Power, Finesse, Skill on the ball, and an eye for a pass. Mbappe is the closest thing I've seen to Ronaldo in my lifetime - and he's not playing with a gimped knee.....

Comment

• Yeah no shit, I never would have thought of that. He's washed.

Comment

• When you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X