No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27 different NBA players have been intentionally "hacked" this season. It happened in four different games just last night.

Poppovich found a new and hilarious "hacking" loophole last night...

[youtube]xYslq9IRgYY[/youtube]
    Last edited by Kstat; January 28, 2016, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
      Looks like he went seven for twelve tonight from the free throw line. Let's hope he can keep that going.
      His hands must have shrunk...
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        His hands must have shrunk...
        No one said he wasn't physically capable of shooting 58% from the line. 60% is probably his best case scenario over the course of a season, and that's if he completely perfects his form.
        Last edited by Kstat; January 28, 2016, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
          27 different NBA players have been intentionally "hacked" this season. It happened in four different games just last night.

Poppovich found a new and hilarious "hacking" loophole last night...

[youtube]xYslq9IRgYY[/youtube]
          Popovich is actually one who used the intentional foul in the "best" possible way... when the Spurs had the lead.

It was against the Suns back when O'Neal played for them. The Spurs were hanging on to a marginal lead (something like 5 or 6 points as I recall) early in the fourth. Popovich had his players intentionally foul O'Neal, deciding that the Suns chances of coming back were much smaller with the ball in O'Neal's hand at the FT line than in Nash's hands running the offense.

He was right. Spurs went on to win easily.

Comment

• Well imo, the actual strategy of hacking is a very sound one, whether you are trying to preserve a lead or are behind. It's currently within the rules and frankly, it works. That being said, it's horrible basketball and is not within the "spirit" of the game so hopefully there'll be a rule change to prevent it this off-season.
            AXE 'EM!

Comment

• Well at least he made the all-star roster for his other skills. Congrats to Andre.

Comment

• Myles Turner was a player mentioned for the Pistons to take as a dark-horse candidate with the 8th pick in last years draft. Maybe?
                If so, a MLIVE article might have said he could be a good stretch 4 to play with Drummond. Everything obviously pointed towards the Pistons taking Stanley, Hezonja, or Winslow.

Turner has been really good with the Pacers recently.
                The 2023-24 NBA season stats per game for Myles Turner of the Indiana Pacers on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

19 years old, I like his potential... Turner also had 31 points in 28 minutes at GS.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Turner has two elite skills. He's a lights-out mid range shooter for a player his size, and he's a fantastic shot blocker.

The downside is he's a very poor defender in PnR situations, he's got no post game, and his weak lower body won't allow him to get good position under the rim.

I agree he looks like a heck of a steal for the pacers. Obviously to produce like he has been at just 19 is special.

Comment

• Yeah, the concern with Turner as a Drummond complement was the defensive end and how that would work. Offensively, seemed like a good fit as you'd expect Miles to be able to extend his shot out to NBA 3 range eventually given his natural stroke.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                      Hand size is just an excuse...There's been several 7 footers that were very good FT shooters...Drummond never has been and most likely never will be even mediocre at it....We are just going to have to deal with it like we did when Ben Wallace was playing.

I think hand size is a factor but one that can be overcome. These freakishly large hands are currently attached to a guy who's hitting 73% from the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Lastly, I wonder if the people criticizing are real good free throw shooters themselves.
                        Good but not great. I was somewhere in the 70%-range with a regulation ball and was lights out at Pop-a-shot. I made something like 55-60 in a row once.

Comment

• Originally posted by OR Lion View Post
                          Well imo, the actual strategy of hacking is a very sound one, whether you are trying to preserve a lead or are behind. It's currently within the rules and frankly, it works. That being said, it's horrible basketball and is not within the "spirit" of the game so hopefully there'll be a rule change to prevent it this off-season.
                          Hack a Shaq was a thing long ago but NOW it needs addressing?

I don't think so. Learn to shoot free throws better or suffer the insufferable NBA game insufferably.
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            Hack a Shaq was a thing long ago but NOW it needs addressing?

I don't think so. Learn to shoot free throws better or suffer the insufferable NBA game insufferably.
                            Well, not even the NBA claimed "Hack-a-Shaq" wasn't cheap. The rationalization they used for the longest time was that they weren't going to be the business of changing the rules for one or two players.

The issue now is that something like 27 players have been targeted by intentional fouls this year alone. It's no longer something used sparingly. It's become part of a lot of teams' strategy and it's making the games borderline unwatchable.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              Well, not even the NBA claimed "Hack-a-Shaq" wasn't cheap. The rationalization they used for the longest time was that they weren't going to be the business of changing the rules for one or two players.

The issue now is that something like 27 players have been targeted by intentional fouls this year alone. It's no longer something used sparingly. It's become part of a lot of teams' strategy and it's making the games borderline unwatchable.
                              Imo, it's been unwatchable for quite awhile. From all the no skill slam dunking to the Hack a Shaq routines. I repeat, just because your team is now affected doesnt mean all of a sudden it has to be addressed.
                              Last edited by Panoptes; January 31, 2016, 01:42 PM.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                Imo, it's been unwatchable for quite awhile. From all the no skill slam dunking to the Hack a Shaq routines. I repeat, just because your team is now affected doesnt mean all of a sudden it has to be addressed.
                                Meh, if it was about "my team", I would have been demanding a change during Ben Wallace's run as a Piston.

It's an issue now because it's getting way out of hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X