No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That might have been the best regular season games I've ever seen.

Comment

• It sucks to watch some of these late picks by the Pistons thriving elsewhere (Affalo and Middleton)
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• 4 wins in a row after it looked like they were dead in the water....The team doesnt quit but they sure are hard to figure out.

Comment

• Drummond has woke up, KCP is rolling, and Harris is here. SVGs system is in place.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
            4 wins in a row after it looked like they were dead in the water....The team doesnt quit but they sure are hard to figure out.
            Not really. At it's core, this is still a pretty damn young squad. It's going to be more volatile and more prone to swings in energy and performance by its nature.

Comment

• Tobias Harris really has been a massive upgrade. He's been playing at an all-star level since they brought him in.
              Last edited by Kstat; February 29, 2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Yeah I didn't realize how good a fit he would be. How badly this team needed a natural consistent scorer. Everyone else looks relieved not to have so much pressure on the offensive side (and are hitting shots as a result).

The biggest difference maker lately is Drummond talking on defense and rebounding at a scary level again though.
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                  Tobias Harris really has been a massive upgrade. He's been playing at an all-star level since they brought him in.
                  I think the biggest thing is it gives the offense another creator.....I felt sorry for Reggie having to try and create offense with 4 guys that cant handle the ball....Not only is Tobias a nice upgrade for the team hes a great upgrade for the community.

Comment

• You have to give SVG props for landing Jackson and Tobias while giving up basically nothing in return and no 1st rounders. Keep in mind Jackson and Tobias are getting PAID with huge contracts, but it's not often teams are able to add guys in their primes with room for growth for pretty much nothing in return.

Comment

• With the cap explosion after this season, Jackson and Tobias are going to be on very friendly deals for many years. SVG is really doing great work. Gores hit a grand slam when he hired SVG.

Also big was the Marcus Morris trade for nothing. That was huge really. And Ersan was a decent get for basically nothing and lead to Tobias so that was nice too.

I'd say the Meeks deal was probably not great, but nothing killer. If Meeks were healthy it probably would have been a fair enough deal considering the cap explosion coming.

On top of that, Stanley looks like a solid draft pick choice as well. Looks better than Winslow to my eyes.
                      Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; March 1, 2016, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                        I had two points, both perfectly valid -
                        • KCP is moving from solid on defense (accepted) to great on defense (not obvious to people that don't watch every game).
                        • Defense is under appreciated (this has been true forever).
                        Thats just a fancy way of saying he sucks on offense......

Comment

• He's often fancy like that
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                            Thats just a fancy way of saying he sucks on offense......
                            Yeah but

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QvswUPgamc"]Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Blocks LeBron James&#39; 3 Pointer Attempt | Cavaliers vs Pistons - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Yikes. The Pistons played like shit against a shit team. Not a good sign.

Comment

• They need some vet leadership - their core is so young. Jackson looks bad. KCP needs to be replaced.

Comment

Working...
                                X