No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5 game lead over Chicago with 5 games left.
    I'd take a 2-3 record to end the season gladly. The two Miami games might be tough and Orlando is playing better recently. Hopefully Cleveland rests their starters. It could happen if they locked up the #1 seed by then.

As for the draft, at least we have an idea of where Detroit will be picking once Cleveland or Toronto takes out the Pistons in 4 or 5 games.
    15th-17th pick? I wonder if Prince from Baylor is worth that pick...
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Nice win tonight. We're so lucky SVG took over this team.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Biggest win of the year, even though the bulls were without Rose and Taj Gibson! It was still on the road with a whole lot at stake.

Andre has to figure out a way to be a 50% FT shooter. He's made 3 out of his last 20 attempts. Luckily, Baynes has been a solid back-up. If Aron had better hands, he'd probably be a starter somewhere.

As for the KCP D stats, a very solid night. I think SVG may have been having him check lesser guys, due to playing 45 minutes the night before. He was primarily on Dunleavy and then Doug McDermott a little. He did effectively cover Butler a couple of times in the last minutes. Butler's lay-up came when the Pistons weren't trying to foul.:

Dunleavy 1-2, 2 points
        Brooks 1-1, 2 points
        McDermott 0-1, 0 points
        Butler 1-3, 2 points

Totals: 3-7, 6 points. I'll take that!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          Nice win tonight. We're so lucky SVG took over this team.

I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
              Jamal Murray is entering NBA draft. He might be a nice draft choice too. SG with great shooting and some solid d potential that can make passes.
              Murray will go 3-8. Be long gone before the Pistons pick. I'd love to see Brice Johnson drop, or of course, Denzel.

Comment

• I would really love to see Sabonis drop to the Pistons pick. Got a good low post game. Good passer. excellent rebounder and should be a decent shot block guy. I think you can play some high post with him which would be a nice dimension to the offense.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Ya, he's basically what we thought we were getting with the D-Mo trade. Very similar game and both Lithuanians. I thought at the time we cancelled the D-Mo trade how funny it would be if we kept the pick and landed Sabonis.

Shit, he's worth the pick assuming he brings his dad around to teach Drummond a thing or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                    Ya, he's basically what we thought we were getting with the D-Mo trade. Very similar game and both Lithuanians. I thought at the time we cancelled the D-Mo trade how funny it would be if we kept the pick and landed Sabonis.

Shit, he's worth the pick assuming he brings his dad around to teach Drummond a thing or two.
                    huge fan of his dad. Shame that he spent his best years in Russia. I really think had he played his whole career in the NBA that he would be thought of as at least a top 10 C in the NBA all time.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• There was a story during the Olympics where Sabonis had the chance to defect, but chose not to. It was all set up and ready to happen. By the time he got to the NBA he lost most of his AA. By all accounts, the in his prime Sabonis was an all-time talent.

Comment

• AJ Hammons, the player I know most about after watching probably 80-100 of his games at Purdue, is projected to go in the 20-30 range.
                        I wonder if he will be a late riser... Probably not that much if anything.
                        Pistons fans/ people in the media that don't know much about Hammons might start saying "Hammons would be a great backup for Drummond" in a few weeks.
                        Hammons has low energy, inconsistencies, and I don't think he loves playing basketball. He will need a coach that keeps him motivated. SVG is one of the better NBA coaches, so perhaps that is a good fit for Hammons compared to others.
                        I still wouldn't draft him until the 2nd Round with his questionable competitiveness and love for the game.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'd like the Pistons to bet twice, both round picks, on PGs/playmakers. Reggie gets burned out if he plays too many minutes and Blake is just barely serviceable and won't be much longer. I've given up on Dinwiddie.. I just don't see it with him, but I'd love to be wrong.

All the 2016 free agent lists showed that there really wasn't much for PG FA talent to be had. Bringing Jennings back would be the best choice out there and he'll likely find a starter gig someplace else. I figure they can spend the extra FA money and upgrade Tolliver with go PG in the draft.
                          Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; April 3, 2016, 07:12 PM.
                          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                            I'd like the Pistons to bet twice, both round picks, on PGs/playmakers. Reggie gets burned out if he plays too many minutes and Blake is just barely serviceable and won't be much longer. I've given up on Dinwiddie.. I just don't see it with him, but I'd love to be wrong.

All the 2016 free agent lists showed that there really wasn't much for PG FA talent to be had. Bringing Jennings back would be the best choice out there and he'll likely find a starter gig someplace else. I figure they can spend the extra FA money and upgrade Tolliver with go PG in the draft.
                            meh

Comment

• Turns out PG in this league is REALLY hard to find. Who'da thunk it?

I mean... you have to be able to run an offense, pass effectively, be a highly efficient volume scorer, and be at least be passable defensively.

You'd almost think it was the most important position on the floor nowadays or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                                Ya, he's basically what we thought we were getting with the D-Mo trade. Very similar game and both Lithuanians. I thought at the time we cancelled the D-Mo trade how funny it would be if we kept the pick and landed Sabonis.

I don't think he's anything like D-Mo. More of a high motor guy.
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X