No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabonis does have a good bit of talent. If he was there with the Pistons pick. I pick him and not worry twice.

as for backup points....what about Jeremy Lin...having a nice season this year.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Sabonis definitely has talent and I'd pick him, too ... he's just not really like D-Mo. The only similarities in their game are good post moves and footwork, really. D-Mo doesn't rebound and he's methodical, shoots from outside etc. Sabonis is a high energy inside player who rebounds like a demon despite average hops and not much length
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Can Sabonis shoot a 3 ball well? Because he ain't going to be the pick unless he can stretch the floor.
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
          Sabonis does have a good bit of talent. If he was there with the Pistons pick. I pick him and not worry twice.

as for backup points....what about Jeremy Lin...having a nice season this year.
          Lin is pretty bad defensively. Not a fan.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Probably at some point he'll be able to, but not a big part of his game now. I think I remember looking that he took very few, but shot a decent %. I'll bet by the time he's in his late 20s, it might be part of his game.

Comment

• Ugly game last night. Another average opposing point guard looks like an All-star against Jackson and Blake. KCP was bad (see Chemi!), Marcus was bad. Andre was just OK for his standard. The bench sucked. Only Harris looked good and that wasn't nearly enough.

I have fears that Jackson isn't the long term answer at PG. He might just be a really good backup if he can't play defense and looks like a zombie if he plays too many minutes in a season. Hopefully he develops and finds a way. He's young still. I'm worried though.

Comment

• Since it's Reggie's first full year as a starter, I'm willing to cut him some slack. Luckily, the bulls lost last night as well.

The Pistons just need to wake up and beat Orlando tonight. Really, 2 more wins should lock up a playoff spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                  Murray will go 3-8. Be long gone before the Pistons pick. I'd love to see Brice Johnson drop, or of course, Denzel.
                  From the mocks I saw last week, Denzel will be there for the Pistons and Johnson was projected as a 2nd rounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                    From the mocks I saw last week, Denzel will be there for the Pistons and Johnson was projected as a 2nd rounder.
                    Yeah, I was basing my thought about Brice on the two games I saw. In the final I noticed a couple things - he seems to let things get under his skin, and he is so thin that other big bodies can take him out of his game. I love his foot work and his mid range game. So I'd call him a skilled project.

Comment

• Brice reminds me a lot of Marion. Marion was more explosive, but they are very similar in terms of body and how they play.

Comment

• Magic number is 1. Looks like a playoffs birth is inevitable along with a predictable first round exit.
                        Good season no matter what. The young core of the Pistons made progress this season that exceeded my expectations.
                        The depth of the Eastern Conference going forward will be tough, but it might not be so top heavy depending on what LeBron does. Even if he stays in Cleveland, LeBron's age will gradually make it easier to defeat him..
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• SVG has worked miracles. Turning scraps into actual building blocks. I'm excited to see what he does over the next 2-3 years.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                            SVG has worked miracles. Turning scraps into actual building blocks. I'm excited to see what he does over the next 2-3 years.
                            ^ This!
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Isn't this their first winning season in eight years or something?

Comment

• Yep. Thankfully, we're above ground once more. Still a long ways to the mountaintop, though. At least they seem to be on the path.

Comment

Working...
                                X