• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was
    The only logical explanation is:
    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Wtf is Drummond going. I guess I shouldn't criticize him because I've only watched 2 Pistons games this year... but his FG % ?! Dafuq. I hope he is taking a lot of shots outside the paint or something.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• No, AD is missing a crazy amount of shots in the paint or just outside of it. He is having an inconsistent year, but is still only 21.

Comment

• Pistons guard Brandon Jennings has the dubious distinction of being on Sports Illustrated's second annual All-Atrocious Team.

It is SI's "attempt to construct the worst five-man lineup from players that are starting around the NBA."

"For all his flair and occasional flashes, Jennings has evolved into a very reliable loser: He can shoot his teams out of games (37.6 percent this season, his fifth time in six years under 40 percent), he is a defensive liability at his position," writes Ben Golliver.

" ... Jennings has failed to get the most of his teammates in two straight seasons and he's overrated as an individual scoring threat. He's topped 30 points just four times since arriving in Detroit, even though he's played big minutes and dominated the ball for a team that would love for him (or anyone) to take over. Remarkably, Jennings has guided Detroit to the second-worst offense in the league – and that's with the benefit of Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe on the roster."

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED ALL-ATROCIOUS TEAM

PG Brandon Jennings, Pistons

SG Eric Gordon, Pelicans

SF Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, 76ers

PF Carlos Boozer, Lakers

C Samuel Dalembert, Knicks

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
            Monroe is definitely gone. Even if offered the max he isn't staying to play on for this mess of a franchise.
            Yeah. Probably have to do a sign and trade and that way he gets max money and years.

SVG really should have moved Smith in the off season. He blew that one. Then we could have played Monroe and Drummond and probably had a better year and a shot at resigning and keeping Monroe.

Comment

• I wonder how tradable Smith was in the offseason
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMP View Post
                Pistons guard Brandon Jennings has the dubious distinction of being on Sports Illustrated's second annual All-Atrocious Team.

It is SI's "attempt to construct the worst five-man lineup from players that are starting around the NBA."

"For all his flair and occasional flashes, Jennings has evolved into a very reliable loser: He can shoot his teams out of games (37.6 percent this season, his fifth time in six years under 40 percent), he is a defensive liability at his position," writes Ben Golliver.

" ... Jennings has failed to get the most of his teammates in two straight seasons and he's overrated as an individual scoring threat. He's topped 30 points just four times since arriving in Detroit, even though he's played big minutes and dominated the ball for a team that would love for him (or anyone) to take over. Remarkably, Jennings has guided Detroit to the second-worst offense in the league ? and that's with the benefit of Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe on the roster."

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED ALL-ATROCIOUS TEAM

PG Brandon Jennings, Pistons

SG Eric Gordon, Pelicans

SF Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, 76ers

PF Carlos Boozer, Lakers

C Samuel Dalembert, Knicks
                Lazy article, he just picked the low hanging fruit. Boozer, a Knick, a 76er, a Piston. Not defending Jennings, but to put the blame on him because the Pistons have such offensive stalwarts as Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond is so terribly stupid.

Drummond is a tip dunker and Greg Monroe is a terrible #1 scoring option. And so is Josh Smith. And Jennings has a sprained wrist, and Jennings was playing OK before he sprained the wrist and.... OK, I guess I am defending Jennings a lil bit.

This team has no shot makers and that is why the offense blows. Jennings isn't even worst starter on his own team. He's probably the 2nd best, and that is only when Andre isn't playing drunk.
                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Pistons win 2 in a row. Jodie Meeks must be the answer haha
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Meeks was pretty good vs Pho, but looked a bit rusty vs Sac. That said, he plays a pretty smart game overall. His game is quite different than KCPs. Doesn't have the fast break speed or the high energy defensive style of KCP, but he does hustle and he runs plays much more smoothly/efficiently than KCP can right now. I'm guessing he will show to be a whole lot better in the half court offense than KCP over the rest of the season.

I'm still a KCP believer though. He's got a lot of tools you can't teach. Someday I think KCP will be able to do a pretty good Rip Hamilton impression in the half court offense by running through screens and popping jump shots freed by off ball movement. He might need a better PG to get him the ball in the right spots though.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Believe it or not, it's Josh Smith who has played surprisingly solid and winning basketball in the last 2 games (granted.. against some so-so teams, but they were road wins at least). It would be nice if SVG is finally reaching him, but we need to see that play in a lot more basketball games to be true.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Buuuuuutttt, Meeks is 2-0.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• They'll win enough to miss out on the top tier talent in the draft.

And perhaps along the way, with some inspired play by JSmith, SVG will find a trade suitor for him. After last night, maybe that team will again be Sac.

Comment

• If Smith somehow keeps playing like this in SVGs system I think they might decide to keep him and hopefully get back some good pieces in a Monroe trade or sign and trade.

They really really need a legit PG and an upgrade at SF would really help too. They'll need some efficient offense, even more so, without Monroe.

Comment

• Please no

Trade smith if he start playing good sell high he's terrible he's most of the reason we lose he takes away spot up shots from kcp who needs those to get hot

Smith will never realize he's more deadlier under the rim because he only have one post move its too hard to get into position

He misses Layups

Josh smith needs to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Monroe is a monster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X