Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think so
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Pistons have always been the #4 team in Detroit unless they are a contender. I like the Palace but when they aren't good the place is empty.

Comment

• Isn't that pretty much any team
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Not to the extent it happens with Pistons, if the Pistons are bad people won't go out there. They will announce some fraudulent number and there will be half of that in attendance.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Not to the extent it happens with Pistons, if the Pistons are bad people won't go out there. They will announce some fraudulent number and there will be half of that in attendance.
            Congratulations, you have just described every other professional team in existence outside of a small handful of outliers.

Comment

• The Palace will still be owned by Gores and used for concerts and events, right? It's not like they're just going to let it sit there.

Comment

• They offered it to Oakland County for a laughable 384 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                  The Palace will still be owned by Gores and used for concerts and events, right? It's not like they're just going to let it sit there.
                  The thinking is once the pizza box opens up downtown their concert bookings will dry up.

50/50 chance the palace is razed in a few years and the land is sold for new corporate development.

Outside chance it remains open if Detroit gets a soccer team. I know Gores is into that right now.

Comment

• If he gets a soccer team it will be at the site of the stalled jail project. I wouldn't rule out the Pistons coming down to being related to that.

Comment

• Pistons looking pretty strong even without Jackson. They got two legit NBA backup level PG's with Ish and Beno and with Andre and all the other talent out there that's enough to be quite good.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        Although you can't talk shit against the Palace. It was a great place for games. There just never was anything to do in the area before or after games.
                        Yep!

Also, it takes forever and a day to get out to the sticks. I preferred games at the Silverdome to the Palace, as far as the crowd's energy went.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                          The Palace will still be owned by Gores and used for concerts and events, right? It's not like they're just going to let it sit there.
                          There's talk about demolishing it and selling the land.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                            Pistons looking pretty strong even without Jackson. They got two legit NBA backup level PG's with Ish and Beno and with Andre and all the other talent out there that's enough to be quite good.
                            They are.

Ish plays like he's on ice-skates and has enough of a shot to keep defenses honest. Beno is a quality vet that still has more in the tank left than Blake did last year. These things, and a favorable schedule right now, should keep them above water until Reggie returns. They play in Brooklyn tonight, which should be a win although you worry about a back-to-back with a flight mixed in. Then they play Denver (a decent team) at home.

After that, it gets tougher. There's a 4-game west coast/southwest swing, followed by a home game vs. OKC. If they somehow go 3-2 on that road/OKC-stretch, I'll be quite happy.

Comment

• I'm surprised at the 3-1 start. SVG has the team playing well.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Is something wrong with Stanley Johnson? I thought he would be playing a bigger role.

Comment

Working...
                                X