No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it?s a big mistake. Michigan would pay him what he wants and they?re willing to put more money into the program.

As a Michigan fan I hate it.

As a Piston fan I could like it but again it?s nothing longterm.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If Beilein has aspirations at the NBA, this might be his shot and that may be influencing his decision. He wasn't a hot name before for the NBA and given his age it's not like it is an opportunity that he can guarantee down the road. It was out of the blue so nobody really knows if it is legit or posturing, but while the Pistons situation is not great to win a title today it is a much better job to take over than you generally get in the NBA. He can be competitive, he wouldn't be taking over a team bereft of any talent.

Comment

• T-minus, a few days, until the ?ok? hire of Dwayne Casey.
        Ok because nothing this team would do is going to help things long term.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• This morning Beilein tweeted he looks forward to hanging some more banners at the greatest University in the world.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• BOOM!!!
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Bad news for the Pistons, he was going to do wonders, at least they have Casey as a fallback

Comment

• That?s a pretty good fall back. Much better than Lawrence Frank, Keuster or Mornigwhig
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Cash in? He'll command at least 5 mil a year at Michigan. Beilein has made his money, it can't be about money.
                  And he was obviously going to be coaching more than 2-3 years anyway. Lofl. It was never about $$$, even though I thought it was at first. He was legitimately interested. Now he has a lifetime contract at M.
                  Last edited by The Oracle; June 7, 2018, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post

And he was obviously going to be coaching more than 2-3 years anyway. Lofl. It was never about $$$, even though I thought it was at first. He was legitimately interested. Now he has a lifetime contract at M.
                    And really if you look at the Pistons compared to some of his UM you can see the draw. Blake Griffin is a guy they can run the high post and is a good and willing passer (though with a ton more skills) not unlike McGary. You can run some offense through him. Jackson is not the most athletic or a good defensive player but he is a leader and does find ways to score if you could get him to hit a trey more consistently then you might really have something. JB had those kind of points before. Not sure he has ever had anything like Andre though (which might be why Juwan Howard was going to be a top assistant for him). Bullock and Galloway are guys that can shoot from deep. And I imagine the idea of just coaching and not having to do recruiting is appealing after being a college head coach for 40+ years.

Of course, now I wonder if there is any way that Howard might get onto JB's staff down the road.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Yes yes, John BeIlein is an actual candidate to be the Pistons head coach. As in people thought it would happen.

The NBA. Predictable AF.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Dwane Casey Agrees To Become Head Coach Of Pistons
                        Dwane Casey was fired by the Raptors this offseason
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• That?s the best case scenario with who was out there right?
                          Last edited by jaadam4; June 11, 2018, 12:56 PM.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• He got the most out of the Raptors. They just didn?t have an answer for LeBron. He?s solid but this team stinks.

Comment

• The 5 year ceiling the Pistons + Casey have is a few playoff appearances (4-8 seed), maybe a 1st round win or two.
                              Not much else. That really is best case scenario. I?d take the under of Casey making it past 5 years.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Isn?t it a little weird that we hired our HC before picking a GM?
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X