No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It isn't the worst thing in the world with Drummond working on an outside game. I'd rather have that than force feeding him in the post, that was not fun to watch.

Comment

• RAISES HAND. Ask Forsh. I was lovin all of those moves and when he got Sheed I knew they would be formidable. But this isn't that and the rules are very much different.

One of the problems with today's system isn't the great players getting max contracts. It's the fact that the middling players get way more then they should because, well, if you don't you'd be picking in the lottery every single year. Locks teams with mediocre talent until those players are at the end of said bad contract for cap help through a loop hole. It's ridiculous.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      For pete's sake it is parity, not parody.
      Lol. I haven't been back in this thread since writing that and when I read it I said the same thing to myself. I didn't change it because it's funny. And symbolic.

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
      Drummond is shooting 3s now?! Geez, this can't end well.
      Opposing teams should dare Drummond to make those shots.
      Might as well. Everyone else is.

The Pistons have no hope to win a championship for this season, but if they play well they can make some trades and things may look different a year from now. The key is they need to stay healthy.
      Reggie and Ziggy are competing to see who can stay in the hot tub the longest.

I have my doubts either can stay healthy.

It isn't the worst thing in the world with Drummond working on an outside game. I'd rather have that than force feeding him in the post, that was not fun to watch.
      But when he hits his FTs it was effective. Probably will still be more effective then him chucking 3s.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• BTW, if, and when Reggie goes down, so too will their season. They have top 5 talent, in the East. But they didn't really address that and have no true backup to what he brings to that team.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

RAISES HAND. Ask Forsh. I was lovin all of those moves and when he got Sheed I knew they would be formidable. But this isn't that and the rules are very much different.

One of the problems with today's system isn't the great players getting max contracts. It's the fact that the middling players get way more then they should because, well, if you don't you'd be picking in the lottery every single year. Locks teams with mediocre talent until those players are at the end of said bad contract for cap help through a loop hole. It's ridiculous.

Lol. I haven't been back in this thread since writing that and when I read it I said the same thing to myself. I didn't change it because it's funny. And symbolic.

Might as well. Everyone else is.

Reggie and Ziggy are competing to see who can stay in the hot tub the longest.

I have my doubts either can stay healthy.

But when he hits his FTs it was effective. Probably will still be more effective then him chucking 3s.
          Not really, he was highly ineffective in the post even with his free throw improvement. Feeding him in the post stalls the offense because he isn't good there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
            BTW, if, and when Reggie goes down, so too will their season. They have top 5 talent, in the East. But they didn't really address that and have no true backup to what he brings to that team.

Comment

• Not sure what panic button you saw people hitting in 02. Pistons had made the playoffs something like 5 of 6 years prior to that and in 2002 weren't they coming off a deep playoff run? I'd have to look it up a little later but I am pretty sure 02 fans were buzzing with enthusiasm.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                The Pistons have no hope to win a championship for this season, but if they play well they can make some trades and things may look different a year from now. The key is they need to stay healthy.
                With the money the Pistons have tied up I am not optimistic. Leuer and Smiths contracts are killing us. 2 more years before that 15 millions and Galloways 8 million go away. Griffin will still be there but he'll be 2 years older.

Comment

• That's all true but you can always make trades in the NBA, especially if the player is playing well. They are stuck cap wise right now, it is easier to trade if you are a winning team. Griffin could have a bounce back year and Drummond is pretty good right now and he can improve.

I know people are down on Griffin with his contract, but there is a chance he rebounds, he's healthy for the first time in 3 years.

Comment

• People hit the panic button after Grant Hill left but that changed pretty quickly because Ben Wallace and Chuck Atkins turned out better than anyone expected and Dumars made a string of moves that all panned out..

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      People hit the panic button after Grant Hill left but that changed pretty quickly because Ben Wallace and Chuck Atkins turned out better than anyone expected and Dumars made a string of moves that all panned out..
                      Last edited by Kstat; October 5, 2018, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• That's not how I remember it at all.

Comment

• LOL the Lions were playing in Detroit in 2002 if I am not mistaken. There has never been a point in the last 50 years that anyone thought that the Pistons had the worst shot of any Detroit team to win a championship.

And other than the Wings the Pistons had to have been the most favored. Maybe even over the wings to a few people. Lions and Tigers were terrible back then.

Comment

• Not only that the Tigers were just plain terrible in 2002. It seemed utterly hopeless back then for the Tigers and in 2003 they nearly had the worst season ever.

The Pistons won the Central in the 2001-2002 season and the 2002-2003 season. They hadn't done that in the dreaded Teal era, the best they did in the Grant Hill years was 96-97 when they finished 3rd with 54 wins and lost in the first round. By 2002 Joe D had been in charge for a year, he brought back the old colors and they were pretty successful right after he shed those contracts in 2001. There was excitement, nobody was claiming they were going to win a championship but the Eastern champs were the Nets. We aren't talking huge world beaters.

The point of my posts in regards to the current Pistons is things can change quickly in ways you cannot anticipate. You can look at the contract situation and despair that they are just in a holding pattern until all of these contracts fall off, but it isn't necessarily a guarantee. The biggest problem the Pistons have since they traded Chauncey Billups is really bad free agent decisions.

Comment

• Every "Detroit" fan saw the evolution of the Bad Boys. And even though Zeke was seen as a Superstar in some circles, he wasn't like an automatic Super star universally. So we Piston fans don't know the "Superstar" winning formula thing. We know about fielding a team of all-stars who collectively out play the other teams with defense and grit.

So your whole mentality I don't understand. Who gave them no chance? And when they got Rasheed, to go with Rip, Chauncey and Ben, most felt we had a shot. Nationally? No. But Piston fans were pumped.

Comment

• Isiah was a superstar in the day. He was an All Star every season.

Comment

Working...
                                X