No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by Kstat; October 6, 2018, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Typical K-Stat... always bitter in tone.

Nah, watched every Lions game since 2004. Several Tigers games this year. Not even close to bandwagon.
      Problem with the Pistons is the NBA itself. Such a flawed league where only 4 teams have a shot. Really only 2 teams, Warriors or Celtics.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Typical K-Stat... always bitter in tone.

Nah, watched every Lions game since 2004. Several Tigers games this year. Not even close to bandwagon.
        Problem with the Pistons is the NBA itself. Such a flawed league where only 4 teams have a shot. Really only 2 teams, Warriors or Celtics.
        Last edited by Kstat; October 6, 2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

The Rockets have a shot. A real shot
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• It is not indisputably worse. Explain how it is.

And Blake injury history is far worse.

Stop just saying random things.

Comment

Rockets or Warriors have a real shot.

Celtics - Thunder - Lakers - Raptors have a long shot.

Rest of the league - no shot.

Comment

• I'm not sold on the Rockets. They had a bit of a charmed run up until the very end, and are a distinctly worse team this year. They're as long shots as the Celtics.

They might as well give the title to the Warriors, because unless some unforeseen injury or drama devastates that team, they are a nigh-guaranteed lock to win it all again.

Comment

• i'd call myself someone that "is very aware of the NBA due to following every recent draft (since 2004) with strong interest in college basketball. NBA is my least favorite major sport due to it's flaws that have been well discussed on this thread. Examples: Extreme predictability and elitism. Will watch some playoff games and technically the Pistons are my team... though at least I can admit they have no shot at doing anything positive."
                  ????
                  Originally posted by kreton View Post

Rockets or Warriors have a real shot.

Celtics - Thunder - Lakers - Raptors have a long shot.

Rest of the league - no shot.
                  Celtics definitely have a better shot than the Rockets at winning a championship this season.

1. Their young core (Tatum, Brown) is ascending.
                  2. They get Irving and Hayward back.
                  3. Their road is much easier. Celtics being in the 2018/2019 NBA Finals is almost as obvious as my Warriors vs Cavs 2017/2018 pick from last year.
                  4. Better head coach.

It's Celtics vs Warriors in 2018/2019. Then you have the Lakers next in 2019/2020 going forward as they'll add to their squad. Anthony Davis soon to the Lakers, I'm sure.
                  Last edited by Cody_Russell; October 6, 2018, 06:14 PM.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

i'd call myself someone that "is very aware of the NBA due to following every recent draft (since 2004) with strong interest in college basketball. NBA is my least favorite major sport due to it's flaws that have been well discussed on this thread. Examples: Extreme predictability and elitism. Will watch some playoff games and technically the Pistons are my team... though at least I can admit they have no shot at doing anything positive."
                    ????

Celtics definitely have a better shot than the Rockets at winning a championship this season.

1. Their young core (Tatum, Brown) is ascending.
                    2. They get Irving and Hayward back.
                    3. Their road is much easier. Celtics being in the 2018/2019 NBA Finals is almost as obvious as my Warriors vs Cavs 2017/2018 pick from last year.
                    4. Better head coach.

It's Celtics vs Warriors in 2018/2019. Then you have the Lakers next in 2019/2020 going forward as they'll add to their squad. Anthony Davis soon to the Lakers, I'm sure.
                    Well you make a good point. Boston doesn't have to get through GS to get to the finals - Houston does and then would have to face Boston - or maybe Toronto.

Lakers I don't think are a powerhouse in 19/20 just because Lebron is going to start showing his age. Or maybe not. But I think the Lakers window is short.

Comment

• Steph Curry has bad ankles, he is a genuine injury risk every year and he makes that engine go. When he is not on his game the Warriors are vulnerable because he is dominant with or without the ball.

Comment

• Curry is sneaky as f man. He just looks like a shooter but his drives and passing game can be flat out sick. I respect his game.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Steph Curry has bad ankles, he is a genuine injury risk every year and he makes that engine go. When he is not on his game the Warriors are vulnerable because he is dominant with or without the ball.
                          With or without Steph the Warriors are still probably the favorite.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            I'm not sold on the Rockets. They had a bit of a charmed run up until the very end, and are a distinctly worse team this year. They're as long shots as the Celtics.

They might as well give the title to the Warriors, because unless some unforeseen injury or drama devastates that team, they are a nigh-guaranteed lock to win it all again.
                            How is Houston distinctly worse than last season? I think their roster is a little better

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

How is Houston distinctly worse than last season? I think their roster is a little better
                              They lost Ariza and Mbootay. That is a lot of defense leaving.

The brought in Carmelo which is a lot of bad shots coming in. IMO Melo makes them worse because he is a bit of a ball hog and over rated. But the defense they lost is going to be a key factor. Ariza guarded the SF very well and a lot of teams best players are SF.

Comment

• Yeah I forgot Ariza haha ... shame on me. Still think they have a shot

Comment

Working...
                                X