Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn what a nailbitter that one turned out to be
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I severely liked the Kennard pick then and even more now but he played well last night.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They don't have much of a chance as it is vs Milwaukee in this series, but not having Griffin available pretty much decimates any chance they may have.
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• It has value. Even when the Pistons get swept - playoff experience matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            The Browns got severely lucky in not only tanking but draft day trades as well.
            Skill makes luck. Every step was thought through and they were patient. Their fans were payient. And now they are in position to reap the rewards. Kudos for them for "Doing it the right way."

Originally posted by The King View Post
            This team will never go anywhere with Gores in charge. All he cares about is making the playoffs. I guess those two homecourt playoff games (no way they sell out) is really worth it to him after the Pistons get swept. Most teams try to win titles, Gores I'm sure thinks this is a success being an 8th seed.

PURGATORY.
            Our biggest wish is that that is the case. I fear the profit he makes (yes, he still makes a profit, just not as much as better franchises) is all he needs and is good with that.

Davidson is probably spinning in his grave. That guy cared. There's a big difference.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post

It has value. Even when the Pistons get swept - playoff experience matters.
              So, they made the playoffs in 2016. Here we are 3 years later. Please illuminate us on how that has made them better?

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I just find the people of Michigan and most Detroit fans to be behind in how things get turned around in sports today.

Most don't truly care unless the team is in the playoffs or are doing really well. We go about our lives trying not to think about the snow, bad roads, lack of entertainment, etc... turn on the tv and see our team on. Most just want to be entertained at that moment and see a win. Screw the future, they want to be satiated now.

Gores, and other local owners, know this and play to it. The lemmings eat it up like rice krispies.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post

It has value. Even when the Pistons get swept - playoff experience matters.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• They have no chance at winning this series, its a terrible matchup but I expect them to compete a little better in the next three games. The season has value if the players on the roster played well enough on the season where they have value in trades. Only Blake has truly done this, but the injury at the end of the season hurts that. I think Drummond has improved a lot on the court over the past couple years but the little antics he displays kind of tank that value. To me, Drummond is not a leader and Reggie Jackson has a lot of influence on him and it is not a good influence.

I get the Gores flipping the team narrative, it makes sense as that is what he has done in his career but it seems like he likes being an owner and his name is attached to way too many projects in Midtown. The problem is he likes being an owner residing in LA. His ownership has so far been a disaster, but its easy to sit on a message board and say they definitely should do a Sixers tank job for 5 years but they made that move to LCA. That has been a disaster as they underestimated how many of the fans were located in northern Oakland county and the overestimated the demand of people in Detroit. 5 years of really empty buildings is a hard sell.

I think the front office is better than its been since the end of Dumars if that means anything. If they can do a total rebuild that would be great, if they could find some players to supplement Drummond and Blake that would be good. Whatever they do, they can't spend any more money foolishly on crap like Langston Galloway and John Leuer. Nor should ever get enamored with a an average talent like Reggie Jackson and pay him like 17 million dollars a year.

Comment

• The reason I am hedging my bets on the "flipping the team" narrative is because it seems like Gores has been focused on maximizing the team's value while at the same time divesting it of anything that anchor it to the region. I think he's fine with owning the team, and will be content to continue doing so, but I also think he's positioned himself that he could have a desirable asset in case someone is willing to blow him away with an offer.

Comment

• Pistons -32 when Drummond was on the court. Max player contract trash.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Well, they WERE a little more competitive... if only for the reason that it would have been really hard to be less competitive than Game 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              Well, they WERE a little more competitive... if only for the reason that it would have been really hard to be less competitive than Game 1.
                              Milwaukee looking like the better team, and if Detroit Pistons don't get their heads out of their butts, this Series will be over in a few days.

??
                              "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X