Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
    Yeah Darko wasnt selected with the Pistons pick. They obtained that in a trade.
    Originally posted by BJK View Post
    The Grizzlies pick from the Otis Thorpe trade.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The 70s were a bad decade for Detroit sports but they never had a year line up like this one, the Likns, Pistons and Red Wings were all pretty bad. The decade for the Tigers is remembered for them bottoming out after 72 ALCS but they really only had one bad year in 1975, but the late 70s they were finishing in 5th place with mid 80 win totals.
      Last edited by froot loops; February 12, 2020, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Pistons have the best chance to turn it around quicker than any of the other teams if they are smart. They have shown better decision making since Stefanski has been calling the shots.

Comment

• Gores and Stan Van Gundy set the Pistons back 10 years with all the quick rebuild moves.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              Gores and Stan Van Gundy set the Pistons back 10 years with all the quick rebuild moves.
              SVG was a couple close decisions from having Booker and Mitchell instead of Stanley and Kennard. Would've made such a difference
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Van Gundy made ok moves at the start. That's where it's tough to give.too much praise to the current staff. The early stuff is easiier to do. When you are making moves that aren't locking you in to long term moves those are.by nature easier.moves. Trading for Reggie Jackson is a good move until you sign him to a big extension.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• There was a time when the Pistons were going to have to lock in Mehmet Okur, but the Rasheed trade happened. Extending into Okur would have been the obvious move and it would have locked them into a decent run, but I doubt they would have won a title. The point being there are certain points where you have to find a couple players and you have to be pretty calculating on if they were building blocks you should build the team on. It is not always apparent when you have to make the decision. Sometimes it is luck, sometimes it is skill.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Where did I say Reggie Jackson was a building block?

Comment

• You didn't.

The problem is that SVG couldn't tell that he wasnt a building block. Dumb

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Jad - you were all about Reggie Jackson. You loved the trade and you didn't complain about the extension this analysis now is in hindsight.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Jad - you were all about Reggie Jackson. You loved the trade and you didn't complain about the extension this analysis now is in hindsight.
                              I thought SVG robbed them. It looked like he traded a bunch of spare parts for at the very least an unbelievable 6th man but it was pretty apparent that extension was garbage
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Were you saying they shouldn't extend him before they did it? I don't remember that.

Comment

Working...
                                X