Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He saw that Blake Griffin contract and ran like the wind
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• There are a lot of organizations that have a president with full control and a GM who does the daily stuff even trade planning, but ultimately reports to the big boss

The issue in this particular case is that Stefanski has done nothing for the Pistons to deserve such clout
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        Malik Rose is going to the league office.
        THe way I understood it was the Pistons are looking for a new GM, then Malik Rose took a job with league office when he wasn't considered. At least that was the order I heard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          He saw that Blake Griffin contract and ran like the wind
          You know Stefanski had to be kicking himself when he saw Blake play this year. He looked like he aged 10 years on the court. I doubt they ever had any serious trade offers though just because of the money.

Comment

• Looks like the Pistons are getting closer to naming their GM, with Thunder Exec Troy Weaver potentially the lead candidate:

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

THe way I understood it was the Pistons are looking for a new GM, then Malik Rose took a job with league office when he wasn't considered. At least that was the order I heard it.
              SO, you think he couldn't get a crappier job and went and got a better job? Nah. The order WE heard it may not be the order it actually happened.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Of the reported “finalists” for the GM job (Weaver, Hughes, Peterson), I’m hoping that it does turn out to be Weaver. He’s paid his dues and has been the right hand guy to one of the best GMs in the business in Sam Presti. Weaver has played a big part in building / rebuilding a perennial playoff team in one of the league’s smaller markets, which is the exact type of experience that the Pistons need.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  Who do you guys want the Pistons to draft? I keep hearing L Ball’s name being thrown out there. I doubt his dad would want him to be in Detroit and I’m not sure many of our fans would
                  want his dad around either
                  BPA, but hoping it's a PG.

Sekou is probably the only valuable player on the roster, so truly, it's wide open. Take the player they has the most potential. Not sure if I'm buying Kennard and Christian Wood as long term pieces yet.
                  Someone that handles the ball like LaMelo or Hayes would be nice. Move on from the RJ era. Rose could mentor the youngster.
                  James Wiseman is tempting given his talent. Top recruit out of high school. As long as Wiseman doesn't have those Drummond issues like guarding the 5 + shooting, sure... seems like that is a big question right now. Taking a C in the top 5 that can't shoot would be devastating.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell

BPA.

Sekou is probably the only valuable player on the roster, so truly, it's wide open. Take the player they has the most potential.
                    Someone that handles the ball like LaMelo or Hayes would be nice. Move on from the RJ era. Rose could mentor the youngster.
                    James Wiseman is tempting given his talent. Top recruit out of high school. As long as Wiseman doesn't have those Drummond issues like guarding the 5 + shooting, sure.
                    Definitely BPA. As it currently stands, this team doesn’t have a single player on the roster that would preclude them from taking another player at the same position.

Comment

• I just want athletes who can shoot. A guard would be nice, but never draft on need. It’s how we wound up with that Kennard loser. Everyone knew he couldn’t defend anyone when we picked him over Mitchell, and now Kennard has bad knees.

It appears our GM search is focused on an OKC guy. I’m good with that. They have great scouts there.

Comment

• Yeah, ideally the BPA and the PG position intersect wherever the Pistons land in the lottery (assuming they land somewhere between 4-7). However, at this point every position on the roster is fair game. They need to find the best possible talent, period.

Comment

• Agreed. This is such an odd draft, though. A lot of guys who skipped college. A lot of international guys. No March Madness. These teams really need to do their homework. There’s talent in the draft, but the info is so limited on these guys. I’ve seen various draft rankings where guys are ranked all over the place. It’s wild.

Comment

• Wiseman looks like a boss. I can’t believe how much the NBA has changed where the center position is so “back in the day”. I can’t wait to see the next Shaq Diesel come along and change the game back.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Pistons get their guy in OKC’s Troy Weaver for GM. Nice hire:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...er/3213161001/
                              Last edited by BJK; June 18, 2020, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• "Now, do whatever moves you need to make to get the 8-seed, or you're fired." ~ Tom Gores

Comment

Working...
                                X