Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA regular season is unwatchable.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Those two statements are not necessarily in conflict.

Comment

• I like watching it, it's so good

Comment

• Solid effort without Cade. Bench and ascending Stewart are the bright spots.

Argh! Tank for Jaden Ivey!!!

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          I’m pretty excited to see how well Cade plays this year. I
          still can’t believe we won the lottery.

I think we’re wasting our time with Cade and Hayes on the same team. Saben Lee has Hayes expendable IMO and the sooner they can trade Hayes is fine by me.
          Not a good sign when Hayes doesn’t play the entire 4th Q.
          Hayes just looks too slow. Doesn’t create any separation as a ball handler.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I had a lot more excitement at the end of the season than I do now.

Comment

• Hayes can’t play. He’s shown nothing since day one. He’s just not an NBA player. Bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                Solid effort without Cade. Bench and ascending Stewart are the bright spots.

Argh! Tank for Jaden Ivey!!!
                Do you mean Jaden Hardy? He's projected to go a few spots higher.

Comment

• Two Jadens at the top of the 2022 class? That sucks.

But nah, Jaden Ivey from Purdue. Pistons could have lottery luck and pick at the top again... I'm thinking JADEN IVEY will have a breakout season for Purdue and be drafted in the #3 to #8 range. A backcourt option to pair with Cade because I have doubts that Killian is that guy.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                    Hayes can’t play. He’s shown nothing since day one. He’s just not an NBA player. Bust.
                    I think we’re all in agreement about Hayes. Hopefully he flashes so we can get something for him.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Steph had 45 last night. The NBA is FANtastic.

Comment

• Yeah, Steph looking motivated for a monster year.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I think we’re all in agreement about Hayes. Hopefully he flashes so we can get something for him.
                          I'm not sure we are. I'm not in the habit of selling on 20yr old Euro players after only 26 games to adjust. His biggest flaws are things that can improve with time and practice. Not guaranteeing he won't fail but it's way too early to make that call.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post

I'm not sure we are. I'm not in the habit of selling on 20yr old Euro players after only 26 games to adjust. His biggest flaws are things that can improve with time and practice. Not guaranteeing he won't fail but it's way too early to make that call.
                            Spencer Dinwiddie was complete trash for all but 3-4 of his games as a Piston and he was 21 when he entered the league. Letting him go didn't work out too well for us. I'll reserve any definitive judgement on Killian at least until his 21st birthday. Has he looked good since the end of last year? No. Did he show some great defense and passing ability in April and May? Yes.

He won't last in the league for long if he doesn't figure out how to put the ball in the basket, though. Spencer is still a bad 3-point shooter but he learned to find some ways to score and make defenses at least respect his outside shot.

Comment

• Not being able to dribble left is a gigantic red flag
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I know it is. My point is at 20yrs old he's not done learning and adding to his game. Like I said most of the weaknesses are fixable. I'm not really arguing whether he will or won't fix them. If he doesn't then yeah he'll probably bust. If he does he'll be solid. Not ready to make a call either way yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X