No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve said it before. I followed Benn Mathurin’s college career closely, and I’d be thrilled if he was the pick at 5. I’m a big fan and I get it if the Pistons/Weaver are too. Great combo of skill, athleticism, proven results against real competition, untapped potential, and competitive fire. Just what you want in a lottery pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Meh. I appreciate D, but, top 5 I don't want the guy who will have to develop an offensive game over time. Now if they can acquire another lotto pick...
      No you want a guy who can score, but you need to find a guy who relishes defense. Most of these draft profiles and YouTube highlights go exclusively for the offensive game. As you see in the playoffs, your stars need to be able to play defense and want to work on it.

Take a look at the Warriors, they have been great defensively (when healthy) during their 7 year run. It is obvious over that time how much Steph has worked on his defense, you can't really hunt him like you could in 2015.

Comment

• Froot isn’t talking about Ben Wallace where he’s a 5th wheel on offense. He’s just looking or a complete player. I’m all for that.

That’s where I think Ivey can take a step in the pros
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          Froot isn’t talking about Ben Wallace where he’s a 5th wheel on offense. He’s just looking or a complete player. I’m all for that.

That’s where I think Ivey can take a step in the pros
          I agree.

I was talking about this guy (from Cody):

Definitely Sochan then. 🤗

I’m a big Sochan fan now after digging into the draft.
          Elite defensive draft prospect at the wing position. Can play at the 5 on a small ball lineup. Can defend every position on the court. Similar to Barnes from last year’s class when it comes to the defense. The offense is something that will obviously have to develop over time. At the very least, can be extremely pesky getting those offensive rebounds.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I remember Ivey being a willing defender at Purdue. Not elite like Sochan obviously. Being a willing defender and good teammate is a nice start for Ivey. It’s not like Ivey is comparable to Jordan Poole’s defense or something.
            Just needs to continue to improve and stay healthy. Shooting, handles, etc.

NBA news has been pretty quiet. Anticipating the news to pick up steam soon. Give me those Woj bombs.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• What do you guys think of Williams (C, Duke)? If they could get a pick in the teens, I like him. Reminds me of the Celtics Center.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The Detroit Pistons have a lot of options with the 5th pick in the 2022 NBA Draft and a big trade asset in Jerami Grant to possibly get a second pick.

2022 NBA Mock Draft: Pistons trade shakes up the lottery

2022 NBA Mock Draft: Detroit Pistons trade for pick #7

This would put an end to the long standing rumor that the Portland Trail Blazers want to trade for Jerami Grant.

TRAIL BLAZERS GET
                JERAMI GRANT

PISTONS GET
                ERIC BLEDSOE
                #7 PICK 2022 NBA DRAFT

7 BENNEDICT MATHURIN
                Guard Detroit Pistons / Arizona

After taking Murray with the 5th pick, the Detroit Pistons now have their starting lineup of the future and will head into free agency with one of the best and most exciting young cores in the NBA.
                • Cade Cunningham
                • Bennedict Mathurin
                • Saddiq Bey
                • Keegan Murray
                • Isaiah Stewart
                If you added someone like Deandre Ayton to this team, they are suddenly very frisky next season and could make the leap sooner rather than later though they would be extremely young.
                RELATED STORY: Would you do this blockbuster trade for Jerami Grant?
                This would be a long, switchable defense in which all five guys can guard both the post and perimeter. It would give Cade Cunningham two more shooters to work with, and suddenly the Pistons’ offense could be very good.

I know there are fans who are going to be unhappy no matter what, but if the Detroit Pistons are going to trade Jerami Grant for a pick, this might be the best possible outcome, as they get his replacement and still nab a high-ceiling, explosive guard to put with Cade Cunningham.

Comment

• I’d love to get Ayton but the Suns will end up doing a sign and trade. We wouldn’t have much to give them back.

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Detroit Pistons have the 5th pick in the 2022 NBA Draft but the OKC Thunder could swoop in and take the guy they want.

Thunder could be the team to screw Detroit Pistons in the 2022 NBA Draft

There are also reports that OKC is “aggressively” pursuing a trade for Jaden Ivey, so if he is there when the Kings pick, expect OKC to make an offer. The Thunder have three picks in the first round and could use one of them, plus a young player to move up and have both the 2nd and 4th picks:

KINGS GET
                    LU DORT
                    #12 PICK 2022 NBA DRAFT

THUNDER GET
                    #4 PICK 2022 NBA DRAFT

In this trade, the Kings get a “win now” player in Dort who is still just 23-years-old, though he will be on an expiring contract. They also get a pick in the lottery, so will still get to add a young player to go with Dort.

The Kings would probably want pick #30 as well, which the Thunder may be willing to part with if they are really after Ivey.

In this scenario the Thunder walk away from the 2022 NBA Draft with both Chet Holmgren and Jaden Ivey, which would give them the best young core in the NBA and potentially make SGA expendable in a trade.

Comment

• The Detroit Pistons have been mentioned in myriad 2022 NBA Draft rumors in recent weeks and there may be a number of teams looking to trade.

Latest NBA Draft rumors: Possible trade partners for the Detroit Pistons

Comment

• Would you guys give up #5 and Grant for Ivey?
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Would you guys give up #5 and Grant for Ivey?
                          No.

Comment

• I wouldn't do that trade with Sac either...If someone jumps up to 4, so be it.....There are enough good players left at 5 so that the Pistons don't need to trade up...I like the Portland scenario for Grant much better....I also don't see the Kings trading down to 12, but Iguess anything is possible with that team.

Comment

• Ivey is one of the best in the draft and I’d prob make that trade. I’d obviously prefer drafting Ivey then trading Grant for Portlands 5th pick but the NBA is made on stars. The top 3 forwards and Ivey could all be stars.

The rest of the draft are role players IMO.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Would you guys give up #5 and Grant for Ivey?
                                No.

Now let’s say the Pistons can flip #5 + #7 (Grant) and move up into the top 3 … yes? Probably.
                                Though picking at #5 and #7 guarantees the Pistons two tier 2 players in this class. Pretty good outcome either way.

Hoping the Pistons can get #7 for Grant. That would be awesome.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X