No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foster writing about the travesty that Tayshaun has to come to Detroit when he wanted to go to the Clippers.

Then why didn't the Clippers trade for him? In the article Foster alleges Ainge lead Prince to believe he would be bought out after the trade. I highly doubt Ainge would have promised that. Prince signed a contract for 7.7 million a year. I get that it's a bummer to get traded from Memphis, and that getting traded in general usually sucks. But be a fucking professional and realize that you are getting paid insane money.

Comment

• Tay is a corpse, nothing more.

Jackson is a baller. Pick and roll guy. Can finish in the paint. Huge upside. He's the real deal.

Sign Draymond who is an inpact defensive player, let Monroe walk, and we have something.

Comment

• I agree Tay has little left, but Det has to put someone out there at the SF position. Butler can probably go 20-25 and someone else has to play. I hope Prince gets over himself and at least plays D out there.

Comment

• Was checking out some box scores this eve and saw that Whiteside on the Heat, in 26 games, is averaging 10 Pts, 9 boards and 2 blocks in just 19 minutes a game. He is also shooting 64% from the field. His rise has been a nice story this year. Now we'll see how he does without Bosh the rest of the year. More will be on his shoulders.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Just in case guitar jack and Jad were wondering Prince is in full malcontent mode.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nb...ning/23781173/
            Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Malcontent? Where did you get that from that article? SVG said that he wasn't unhappy.. He just was trying to make sense out of it.
            I got the same from that article.

I can understand why he would be disappointed if he expected to be able to pick the team he went to but, luxuries like that don't happen very often.

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            Simply put, Tayshaun Prince hasn't wanted to be a Piston since 2007. His opinion hasn't changed.
            Must be from all the Chicken Little's looking to run him out of town.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• If Tayshaun wants to drag this out he's going to lose his starting job to Caron Butler, and then he can be unhappy and inactive.

I'd understand if he was coming here as salary fodder to rot on the bench, but that's not why they got him. They brought him in to play. The best thing he can do is be a professional and play out the season. Some contending team will sign him next summer if he shows he can still contribute. If he pouts his career will be over this summer, and he can kiss any affiliation he may have in the future with the Pistons organization that's been very, very good to him and his career.

BTW, that Terry Foster article is the perfect example of why he isn't taken seriously as a journalist. Prince "deserves better?" Can you possibly kiss his ass more, Terry? He's a professional being paid $2.6 million dollars for 3 months of work.

But that's not the worst part of the article. The worst part was this:

Prince was once one of the most coveted guys in the NBA. Now he is a guy who must do as he is told as he fell prey in a power play between two teams.

This is not right. But what choice does Prince have but to report to the Pistons? If he does not then he is a rich and spoiled, unappreciative athlete, although I believe he was led to believe he would be freed by the Celtics.

If he does report then he will play a lot and maybe get into the playoffs only to be smacked around by Toronto or Atlanta in the playoffs.
              If Tayshaun doesn't report to the team that's paying him millions to play he'll be called spoiled and unappreciative....which would be totally unfair labels! OH THE INJUSTICE!

Someone was actually paid money to write that, and it actually went out in print.

What a joke piece.
              Last edited by Kstat; February 22, 2015, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                What a joke piece.
                My only surprise is that he didn't figure out a way to bring racism into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                  My only surprise is that he didn't figure out a way to bring racism into it.
                  ....because...?

Foster isn't racist. He's just an idiot.

Comment

• I think Bimmer confused Foster with Rob Parker.

Comment

• Nope, back the nineties, maybe early 00, he and I exchanged emails. He had written several articles over time that pointed to racism and I felt it was a stretch, so I questioned him on it. He was pretty unhappy with my observations, but after several emails I think we at least understood each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                        Nope, back the nineties, maybe early 00, he and I exchanged emails. He had written several articles over time that pointed to racism and I felt it was a stretch, so I questioned him on it. He was pretty unhappy with my observations, but after several emails I think we at least understood each other.
                        Oh, I'm sure. Foster's had plenty of racially slanted moments. But Parker was the guy who only had the race card in his deck. You can count on anything penned by Parker to involve something about skin color, even if it made no effin' sense to do so.

Foster's stupid as hell, but when he plays that card, I've found it's at least quasi-relevant to the topic at hand. It's still likely dumb as hell, but you can kinda squint and go, "Yeah... I guess I can kinda see where he's coming from if I was heavily concussed."

Comment

• Speaking of Parker, There was a news story on Channel 4 where Darryl Strawberry was giving a 'don't do drugs' speech at a local school, and I could not help but laugh at the thought that somewhere Parker was watching and thinking "Steve Howe would never do that".
                          The only logical explanation is:
                          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Doesn't really matter that much if Prince plays or not. He won't be back next season for anything more than the vet min anyhow. And as for the playoff push, I doubt he's the difference between an extra win or two. It would be nice if he decides to be onboard and help with team building but really, there is only so much he could do there.
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
                              Speaking of Parker, There was a news story on Channel 4 where Darryl Strawberry was giving a 'don't do drugs' speech at a local school, and I could not help but laugh at the thought that somewhere Parker was watching and thinking "Steve Howe would never do that".
                              lol
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                                Doesn't really matter that much if Prince plays or not. He won't be back next season for anything more than the vet min anyhow. And as for the playoff push, I doubt he's the difference between an extra win or two. It would be nice if he decides to be onboard and help with team building but really, there is only so much he could do there.
                                But there is still the point that someone has to play SF. I doubt Butler can handle more than 20-25 minutes, but we'll see. Maybe give Quincy Miller Tay's minutes during his 10-day stint. If it's true that Tay is this upset (we all know how the media can stretch things) then I say fuck him. Andre doesn't need to be around anymore negativity.

Comment

Working...
                                X