No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Udoka hired by the Rockets...im not sure if he was a serious candidate for Pistons or not.

Comment

• Their main candidates are Charles Hill and Kevin Ollie.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Their main candidates are Charles Hill and Kevin Ollie.
        What about Nick Nurse?

Comment

• That name hasn't been reported.

Comment

• Jimmy Butler. Holy shit
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I knew CGVT was a closet fanatic of the Association.

Comment

• Haha! I like the intensity of the playoffs. I turn on a game and if it grabs me I watch it. If not I don't, but there have been some pretty good games and some interesting series.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That Heat team is hilarious, Jimmy Buckets is dragging that team to wins. The lineup today was hilarious, mostly scrubs and washed up vets.

Comment

That name hasn't been reported.
                    They may have already had their list of guys when he was fired

Comment

That Heat team is hilarious, Jimmy Buckets is dragging that team to wins. The lineup today was hilarious, mostly scrubs and washed up vets.
                      That was incredible by Jimmy Butler. Loved the ending to this game as Miami / Jimmy fought back.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I like the Bucks and want to see them in the Finals, but I gotta respect the Zombie Heat.

Comment

• I am always amazed when I watch LeBron. The man is as good as anyone that has ever played the game.

I just don't get the hate for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            I am always amazed when I watch LeBron. The man is as good as anyone that has ever played the game.

I just don't get the hate for him.
                            LeBron changed the game. Very few have every done that.....Wilt, Bird and Magic, MJ, LeBron and Curry.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I’d say 3 primary reasons:
                              - LeBron’s the face of the NBA the last 20 years when the game changed a lot and for those that don’t like the direction, he’s the easiest guy to target
                              - LeBron’s almost always controlled his own narrative and some people can’t stand that.
                              - he’s not Jordan. A lot of Jordan people can’t stand that LeBron is considered alongside Jordan in the greatest conversation
                              ( a subset of the Jordan item is the Kobe Corollary - there are a bunch of sycophant Kobe devotees who HATE that LeBron is considered a greater player and rage about it every chance they get).

Comment

• This isn't really Lebron's fault but fans love seeing a star who grows up on a team and eventually takes them to a championship. LeBron' moving around to put himself in title contention rubs people the wrong way, especially when you maneuver it the way he did with the Heat. Bird and Magic didn't have to deal with that because they were drafted into a perfect situation right away. The Decision was not great for the brand.

But he is 20 years in and he is still one of the top players, it's amazing. The only other guy who was this great and impactful still at age 38 was Kareem. The Lakers team has a shot at the title and you wouldn't have thought that was possible in February.

Comment

Working...
                                X