No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't change the three point line, but they should allow a little more leeway for the defenders. Players are playing defense but it's so much harder now. Continually closing out on threes is hard! Maybe make the corner three a true distance because it makes and roll defense way too hard. Pick and roll offense is so much more advanced than it was 20 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
      Basketball where the players improve their shooting so much it leads to a no defense boring game.
      Rule changes to stop hand checks and other things don’t help.
      I would tinker with making a 3 point shot a 2.5 shot.
      Games would be closer and a team could win by a half point😎
      Yeah, but think what that would do to betting lines...
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Trying to cover 3-4 (and sometimes 5) guys out to 25-30 feet is ridiculously hard. And the big guys have ball skills they didn't in the past, so they can put the ball on the floor and get all the way to the basket or they can find another player. It was a lot easier to play defense when 10 guys were all crammed together two steps inside the 3 point line with the goal of getting as close to the basket as possible.

They've started taking away some things from the offense, like jumping into a defender, but they need to do more. Allow limited hand checking, don't let the offense player swing the ball through the defender's arm's unnaturally to draw a foul

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          I wouldn't change the three point line, but they should allow a little more leeway for the defenders. Players are playing defense but it's so much harder now. Continually closing out on threes is hard! Maybe make the corner three a true distance because it makes and roll defense way too hard. Pick and roll offense is so much more advanced than it was 20 years ago.
          There is very little pick and roll. It is almost all pick and pop. I am not a fan of the perimeter only game, but I get it. It is what the game has evolved into. Way back before the three point line in lower levels big guys got yelled at for shooting outside shots and told to get back inside where they "belong". Now they are shooting the three in grade school. Nobody plays with their back to the basket. Post play is a thing of the past.

As I said, I get it. The math works out. I wish there was a way to take the emphasis off of the three, though.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• There are elements of the modern game that I like. There's a lot more ball movement now rather than the post iso days where two big men stand stationary for 18 seconds trying to body the other in the paint.

But I can also see where it has stagnated as well.

Comment

• Pick and roll and pick and pop are normally dependent on how the coverage is. When I'm talking about pick and roll defense is less about that and more about hunting players. It's another thing the Warriors changed, it was thought to be some crazy defense to switch everything.

Comment

• Wow, Jimmy Butler and the Heat actually did it. Bucks were up 16 and I went to bed because it was late here east coast. Has to be one of the more surprising NBA playoffs upsets in the last decade or so. Sure, Giannis missed a few games. Heat suffered injuries too. Including Tyler Herro.

Bucks are lucky the Nets suffered all of those injuries in 2021. Sneaking that title in with an easy path in the Eastern Conference. Otherwise the fraud label would be 100% legit.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Titles are titles. Probably half of NBA titles are the benefit of some injury luck. You could argue two of the three Pistons titles benefited greatly.

And when you build your team around chronically injured players, that’s the risk you take.

Comment

• The Bucks title is legit. The Heat are their kryptonite. Plus you can't say, "sure Giannis missed a few games." The whole team is built around him. Milwaukee is a really good team, but they can be exploited by smaller quicker teams.

Comment

• Teams that could have won a Title but didn’t was that 05 Pacer team with Ron Artest.
                      I think that was the 05 Malice at the Palce team.
                      Having a great year until that event not only destroyed that year for them but probably plenty more.

Comment

• Oh man, that Indiana team was awesome. They gave us everything they had and they prob were the better team in the playoffs in 04.

They were awesome in 05. We wouldn’t have been able to beat them
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Oh man, that Indiana team was awesome. They gave us everything they had and they prob were the better team in the playoffs in 04.

They were awesome in 05. We wouldn’t have been able to beat them
                          Was it 04 where Jermaine O Neal was injured and missed that series? I know one of the years he couldnt play and the Pistons always had trouble with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

Was it 04 where Jermaine O Neal was injured and missed that series? I know one of the years he couldnt play and the Pistons always had trouble with him.
                            Didn't Sheed kind of cancel him out?
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

LeBron changed the game. Very few have every done that.....Wilt, Bird and Magic, MJ, LeBron and Curry.
                              LeBron didn't change the game. He is just most freakish athlete in a league full of freakish athletes.

Steph Curry changed the game.

Comment

• Good Lord, Jimmy Butler did it again last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X