Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
    NBA was around long before Jordan. It was brung back in the 80's with Bird, Magic and Dr. J

He didn't make the NBA. He made it more popular at the time.

But the NBA was floundering until Bird and Magic made it popular again.
    No doubt on Magic and Bird but Jordan took it out of this world. Just like ice hockey. Gretzky didn’t make it but he’s exactly what you think of with the GOAT status.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      10:00 pm Eastern is too fucking late.

Goddammit
      The response to that is that 7:00pm Pacific is the perfect time... for people on the West Coast... where the game is taking place.

I tend to have the same sort of response for a friend of mine out west who complain they aren't even out of work by 4:30pm when a couple east coast teams are playing. "It's no one's fault you're a Knicks fan living in San Francisco other than your own, buddy."

Comment

• I believe when the Sonics won in 79 the games were on tape delay.
        NBA playoffs were not even on live TV

Comment

• Curry has excellent handles. He does have careless turnovers because he goofs off a lot. As you saw in the game 7 no goofing off and he drove to the cup at will.

Generally when you are talking greatest of all time, it's either a ball dominating guy who you can't stop or a big man that you can't stop. A point guard that is a nominal point guard because he moves so much without the ball but can drive and finish with the best of them is totally different. Plus other than the three point stats, he doesn't stack up in the counting stats.

The thing about Jordan is he did go 6 for 6 in Finals appearances but those opponents were that great in my opinion. The 90s in general was a down decade. Jordan never faced a team like the Warriors.

Comment

• The NBA isn't going to put two games on at the same time to satisfy CGVT. It's something he is going to have to endure as a long time Warriors fan like me.

Comment

• Count me in. They're a secret delicacy of mine.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Froot, you aren't gonna like this...

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• That's a perma topic, old guys saying how much better and hard working they were back in the day. For 30 years those old guys didn't shoot threes because jump shooting teams couldn't win.

Comment

• 9:00 tonight.

The NBA must have read my post
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• This Golden State series is the series where it is obvious how badly they fucked up by choosing Kuminga over Franz Wagner. They had two lotto picks in successive years and it hasn't hed them at all.

Comment

• Three lotto picks.

Comment

• Wiseman/Kuminga/Moody.

Comment

• Moody was the 14th pick, I don't consider that much of a lotto pick. But they really screwed the pooch on passing on Wagner, he was tailor made for that team and it was obvious at the time.

Comment

• I still don’t know what they have in Poole. I thought he needed another year in college ball but I guess not. They stole him
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They aren't stealing him at that price. He's going to be dealt this off season, I don't think there is a much of a chance he stays unless they can't find takers for that contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X