No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been out of the loop with the Pistons for many years, the only thing I do is check the standings. I followed the lottery last night hoping for the best but prepared for the worst and of course the worst happened. If Weaver can find a trade for the 5th pick do it. There hasn't been anything about them to cheer for in a long time.

Comment

• Oh certainly. I literally just posted that if you get 3 top 5 picks and can't find the core of a competitive team, you need to get tossed.

I'm just saying using Denver as an example isn't particularly useful. They also got really lucky, just in a different way. If they had any inkling Jokic would be a destroyer of worlds, they wouldn't have waited until #41 to get him.

Comment

• If you say Denver isn't useful fine, is Golden State, Milwaukee and Toronto useful? None of those teams tanked. It's actually hard to find to find the teams that embraced the tank and won a title. We just saw the poster team for it lose again in the second round and their franchise player blamed everyone else again but did not blame his conditioning.

Comment

• I think the issue is less the "tank" and more that teams don't ever actually start building off of it.

This is not an excuse for the Pistons. If they genuinely need two #1 picks in 3 years in order to field a competitive team, then they are NEVER going to field a competitive team.

But it's true that you need impact players, and you're more likely to find them higher in the draft (like say Curry at #7).

Comment

• Okay. Hear me out. Were/are they tanking? Or are they just bad? I just saw them trying and just couldn't get it done. I guess it's worse if they're trying and are still the worse team in the league.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The front office has been tanking, I'm sure the guys playing are playing hard. But the team as constructed was clearly not meant to win much. In that pathetic letter to fans Weaver seemed to be bragging about the tank.

The problem is the question of are they tanking or are they just bad is at a point it doesn't matter. When you commit to it, eventually you become this.
              Last edited by froot loops; May 17, 2023, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• A little of both, I'd wager. They shut down Cade for the year awfully quickly, for example.

But a great deal of it is that they have a bunch of pieces, but seemingly no structure as to how those pieces are supposed to fit together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                  Okay. Hear me out. Were/are they tanking? Or are they just bad? I just saw them trying and just couldn't get it done. I guess it's worse if they're trying and are still the worse team in the league.
                  Id agree with Chemi its both....They shut down Bogdonavic and Burks not long after the all star game....Im pretty sure neither one was hurt, not enough to where they should have been shut down for the season....They may not have won that many games with them, but taking them out certainly made losing more of a possibility....It almost makes you wonder if the Pistons weren't punished for not putting their best product out on the floor?...There were also rumors that Cade could have returned.

Comment

• Aw man. I was hoping there was something I wasn't aware of since I haven't really kept up with the NBA so much. At this point Weaver needs to go. I am sure that stupid letter was something the owner made him do. Every interview I've heard the guy seemed like he'd rather be anywhere doing anything then the media thing.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      Aw man. I was hoping there was something I wasn't aware of since I haven't really kept up with the NBA so much. At this point Weaver needs to go. I am sure that stupid letter was something the owner made him do. Every interview I've heard the guy seemed like he'd rather be anywhere doing anything then the media thing.
                      I dont think I would want to face the media either with the Pistons record the past few seasons....

Comment

• The prospect who name fits this team...
                        Gradey Dick
                        SF | Kansas
                        6'7"​

Comment

• The NBA didn't punish them, they had a coin flip shot at the #5 pick they didn't get their ping pong balls pulled. They have a team with no wings and way too many centers and guards that aren't good defensively. Bogdanovich is old and has injury problems and he doesn't and defense. Burks is truly a JAG.

Comment

• Sooooo while picking they said SA came up at 1 and at 4. They kept pulling and HOU came up next. DET never was pulled.

Do they still do the ping pong balls with the emblems on them? Maybe our emblem is too heavy

Comment

• No, it’s a combo of various numbers.

Comment

• The one positive about this team is we are drafting culture guys. Cade/Ivey/Stew/Duren. They are trying to build something.

It’s why I’m all in on Jerace Walker. He’s a dog with Pistons DNA. He’s highly skilled on both ends. His ceiling is a Randolph level offensive player with All-NBA defense. Or sort of a Millsap type. He’s a defensive dog and I always always ride with that type. I see a potential offensive hub with elite vision and ability to knock down the 3. He’s just an unselfish dude who played within the scheme on a talented HOU team.

Anytime I watch him, I can’t believe what I’m seeing in terms of skill and tenacity. All in. Pistons DNA.

Comment

Working...
                                X