No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiseman and Stewart were only in the same game lineup for three games in February. Stewart was the starting PF In the three games. Duren started two games ass a center and Wiseman was the center in the game against Toronto where Stewart got hurt. In that game Duren didn't play. Stewart had more minutes in the first two games (logging 37 against Boston), once he was hurt he was shut down for the season.

So you can't really tell a thing because of the injury to Stewart and a lesser extent Bagley. We know a few things though.
    1. Weaver does seem to be enamored with these two big lineups with Wiseman and Duren, but its hard to tell because most of the evidence is from a tanking regular season where Stewart and Bagley were hurt and Wiseman wasn't on the roster and they are doing it in summer league.
    2. Monty Williams is now the coach and he has a bigger say.
    3. They project Stewart to be a power forward, that's why they upped his 3PA last season. Plus he is the only plus defender of the four players on the perimeter.
    4. The other three guys cannot play PF at all offensively.

Comment

• Also, one other thing to consider is Livers, they talk him up like he is a part of their core and he got the bulk of the starts last year when Stewart was injured (November with the toe and February with the season ending shoulder). It's hard to say he is the determined backup at PF, because they went with some weird Frankenstein lineups with Livers, Wiseman and Bagley starting. That is a lineup designed to acquire more ping pong balls.

Comment

• I don't know WHAT they think Stewart is. That's kinda the problem. They SAY he's a core player, their starter at 4... but fuck if I've seen much of it.

Comment

• He started every game last season as the 4 that he was heathy. They clearly see him as a 4, whether or not I hat is wise is another issue. It's clear they see him as the PF. They didn't get xtend Wiseman.

Comment

• Has the deadline passed for Wiseman's 5th year option?

Comment

• That's the NFL. They can tender Wiseman after next year and he would be a RFA.

Comment

• Alright, fair enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  I saw a lot of Wiseman/Duren, with Stewart coming off the bench or being sat shortly after "starting."

Sorry you saw something else, but it wasn't real life.
                  LOL

Comment

• It’s Summer League, but it’s clear to me that Ausar is going to be a very good NBA player. Yes, as advertised, the shooting is going to be a work in progress (to put it kindly). However, the athleticism and innate feel for the game that he possesses can’t be taught. Couple those things with the kid’s work ethic, attitude, and IQ? I’m excited to see where this goes.

Comment

• I hated the pick but he looks like he’s definitely better than Stanley Johnson. That’s the floor with me. Now I hope be crushes it
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Thompson still playing really well in the summer league. That kid is athletic as hell.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Marcus Sasser dropped 40 like a boss. Look at some of these handles. That play at the 1:10 mark was sick. Can Hayes please be traded now?

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I really like hearing stories like this. It was a really good ending

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              I really like hearing stories like this. It was a really good ending

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Here's a little bit of hopium
                                With Pistons guard Cade Cunningham playing a Luka Doncic-like role, the Select Team -- a group of young players, plus a couple of veterans, brought in to help the senior group prepare -- beat Team USA in a pair of scrimmages Friday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X