Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    It's a joke, but at the same time, it's also noting that the Pistons have been in a perpetual rebuild cycle, and an unnecessary one at that.

If it is taking you five+ years and multiple Top 5 picks, and you still don't have a competitive team, you have a failure of a front office, and they need to be canned. There is no excuse to take that long, in any sport.
    Case in point: Our very own Detroit Lions.

Seeing what the Detroit Lions have been doing in the last year and a half, THE DETROIT LIONS!

And they're in the same city, and are further along than the Pistons, and that's saying something, considering how historically inept the Detroit Lions have been.
    "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
    My friend Ken L

Comment

• Even in sports with long trailing farm systems, it shouldn't take 5 years to at the very least have a competitive .500 squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        Even in sports with long trailing farm systems, it shouldn't take 5 years to at the very least have a competitive .500 squad.
        What are we going on now? 16 years? since their last playoff win? and Im just talking one win, not a series win or championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

What are we going on now? 16 years? since their last playoff win? and Im just talking one win, not a series win or championship.
          May 24, 2008, against the Boston Celtics in the 2008 Eastern Conference Finals.

The final score was Detroit 94, Boston 75.

That tied up that series at 2 apiece, but Detroit would lose the next 2 games and the series, and haven't won a game since.
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• I have no affinity for Weaver, but if they brought in someone else, they would still be three years away. I think if you look at teams that have collected ping pong balls, it takes a long time to do anything. In the 90s and the early 2000s, you could conceivably get some star at the top of the draft and become a contender somewhat quickly. Not now, you are picking guys who are 19-20 and the league is much deeper. The problem with gutting your team to get ping pong balls, is now you are playing with a gutted team with some decent young prospects. Right now they are the kiddie corps.

Comment

• This happened almost 20 years ago now. How far we've fallen:

My friend Ken L

Comment

• At least the team had some fight in them back then.....now they are softer than a marshmallow

Comment

• Today was an embarrassment, they have lost 11 straight, but this was the first true blowout.

Comment

• Pistons are in perpetual Suck

Comment

• It sure seems that way. Ivey >>>> Any WNBA player >>>> Killian Hayes.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• homer simpson beer GIF
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Pistons aren’t the fun team that started the season 2-1 anymore! Yes, we’re in year 4 of the Troy Weaver rebuild. What the heck was that 2 year stretch of Ed Stefanski as GM?! I feel like we’re actually on year 6 of a rebuild because Stefanski + Weaver tore down the SVG stench. What’s sad is maybe the Pistons aren’t in a better position considering the results. Hard to say.

Lol oh the Pistons:

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Getting blown out by the Wiz, can't get any lower.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Getting blown out by the Wiz, can't get any lower.
                              Detroit Pistons: Bet.

Comment

• I kind of thought Monty Williams was going to be an upgrade over Casey. Ooops.

Comment

Working...
                                X