No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the new cap goes into effect guys like S Curry and K Thompson are going to be making 20 mil per year. I'm not convinced GS can keep all of their stars. I'm also not convinced Green is a max player. Guess we'll see what happens. I do think Monroe walks though. He's been in NBA purgatory long enough.

Comment

• GS will keep Green
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Golden State will bite the bulletin and pay the tax for one year. Then the salary explodes. Or they dump David Lee. Unless Lewand and Mayhew are hired in GS, Green will go nowhere.
        Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Yeah and they will pay it. The luxury tax would happen for one year if they don't trade Lee. They are matching any offer, there's no doubt.
        Next season, GS's salary cap is already at $78 million with just 7 players under contract.
        I doubt GS is willing to add let's say $12 million (min) to make it $90 million for just 8 players. I guess we'll see if GS's owner is willing to spend that much. He hasn't been in that situation.

Again, it's like OKC. In a perfect world, they would have loved Harden to stay. They didn't want to have 3 max contract players on their team. They chose depth over 3 max players.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
          I'm also not convinced Green is a max player. Guess we'll see what happens.
          Personally I'd rather give Draymond the money than Monroe. By a mile. And I'm a frigging Michigan fan.

Walk, Greg. Leave. Run. Just get the fuck out of Detroit.
          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            Next season, GS's salary cap is already at $78 million with just 7 players under contract.
            I doubt GS is willing to add let's say $12 million (min) to make it $90 million for just 8 players. I guess we'll see if GS's owner is willing to spend that much. He hasn't been in that situation.

Again, it's like OKC. In a perfect world, they would have loved Harden to stay. They didn't want to have 3 max contract players on their team. They chose depth over 3 max players.

Golden State is on record that they will match any offer for Green.

Comment

• It's amazing how Pistons fans think ANY decent to good Free Agent would come to Detroit.

This team HAS to build through the draft.

Which means they HAVE to tank. It's the only way out. It's going to REMAIN the only way out.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                When the new cap goes into effect guys like S Curry and K Thompson are going to be making 20 mil per year. I'm not convinced GS can keep all of their stars. I'm also not convinced Green is a max player. Guess we'll see what happens. I do think Monroe walks though. He's been in NBA purgatory long enough.

Golden State can definitely keep their players for the next 3 years.

Comment

• Any team hoping to build through free agency is going to have trouble unless you're the Heat or perhaps the Lakers. The premier guys are rarely available and if they are they aren't coming to Detroit.

Tanking isn't the only way out, in fact lately its a dubious strategy when you have so many teams tanking and very few surefire stars available. It was a much surer strategy when players were staying 3 years in college.

You have to draft well and make good trades. Look at the top teams now, none of them are the product of tanking.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    It's amazing how Pistons fans think ANY decent to good Free Agent would come to Detroit.

This team HAS to build through the draft.

Which means they HAVE to tank. It's the only way out. It's going to REMAIN the only way out.
                    With ties to Michigan, I think Draymond Green is one of the few that would if the Pistons are willing to pay up.
                    Again, depends if GS wants to go above $95 million in salaries for 2015/2016. If they say they would, maybe.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If Golden State goes that far over the lux. line they'd better be prepared to pay a shitload in tax. If it goes multiple years the rate goes even further up. If they owner is a billionaire and doesn't care, then I could see them doing it, a la Cuban. But the Russian owner of the Nets sure seemed to tire of it fast.

Teams 20+ million over the cap pay $3.75 on the dollar for every dollar over, plus another .50 for every 5 million over. For repeat offenders it goes up even further.

Last year iirc the Nets paid out a total of 180 million in salaries and taxes.
                      Last edited by fontes91; March 10, 2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• They can trade other players like Iguodala and Lee if they really care about the tax. They aren't letting Green go. It's not smart. Yes we know Green is from Michigan and would be willing to come to the Pistons, but the thought that the Pistons would sign him to an offer sheet and GS wouldn't match is more delusional than Mayhew and Lewand.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Any team hoping to build through free agency is going to have trouble unless you're the Heat or perhaps the Lakers. The premier guys are rarely available and if they are they aren't coming to Detroit.

Tanking isn't the only way out, in fact lately its a dubious strategy when you have so many teams tanking and very few surefire stars available. It was a much surer strategy when players were staying 3 years in college.

You have to draft well and make good trades. Look at the top teams now, none of them are the product of tanking.
                          Unfortunately they have been terrible at making trades the past 5 years.....Neither SVG nor Dumars seems to be very good at adding future picks or getting young talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                            Unfortunately they have been terrible at making trades the past 5 years.....Neither SVG nor Dumars seems to be very good at adding future picks or getting young talent.
                            SVG: Reggie Jackson (the future starting point), Spencer Dinwiddie (looks like he can contribute be a rotation player a win for a second rounder)

Dumars: Brandon Jennings (sign and trade but still)
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I dont see either of those as good trades...Brandon Knight is as good if not better than jennings and we lost Middleton too.....RJ was two starters and two picks and he cant shoot...He MAY pan out in time but are we willing to invest huge money for what he is right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                                Every time I tune into a Piston game these days, and it's a relatively close down the stretch -- all I ever see him do is force up rushed garbage out of the post and missing free throws.
                                Happened again tonight. He missed two free throws that could have cut the lead to one in the last two minutes of the game.

This team blows Moosecock.

Comment

Working...
                                X