No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Pistons get out of the contract if the player is arrested? Or is the money guaranteed no matter what the player does?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      All of my optimism post trade deadline was misguided. Williams is back up to playing 11 man rotations with a lot of Wiseman. Also, Stewart punched Drew Eubanks before the game, broke his hand and was arrested. He's out for the year now. A hothead with 3 more years at 15 million a year.
      The Muscala-ssaince appears to be over.

Comment

• Yep, it was always less about Muscala and more about getting rid of toys than Williams inexplicably would play. Now he has new toys, hello Evan Fournier!

Comment

• It's no accident that they were playing their best when they were shorthanded because of the deadline.

Comment

• Paywall NBA article about a former Detroit Pistons player via The Athletic.

Former NBA player, ‘Survivor’ contestant Scot Pollard finds donor for heart transplant

By Greg Rosenstein
            5h ago

Former NBA player Scot Pollard has been at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn., since early February in need of a heart transplant. On Friday, his wife said he’ll finally get just that.

“Scot wanted me to let everyone know that the pre-heart transplant hair is gone, it’s go time!” Pollard’s wife Dawn posted on X. “Please keep the prayers coming for Scot, the surgeons, for the donor and his family who lost their loved one. This donor gave the most amazing gift of life and we are forever grateful.”

The 6-foot-11, 260-pound Pollard was admitted to the intensive care unit after a genetic condition likely triggered by a virus he contracted in 2021 caused his heart to beat an extra 10,000 times per day, according to the Associated Press. Pollard’s father died at 54 years old, when Scot was 16, with the same condition.

“I’m staying here until I get a heart,” Pollard told the the AP on Feb. 7. “My heart got weaker. [Doctors] agree this is my best shot at getting a heart quicker.”

Pollard, 49, was a first-round pick out of Kansas in 1997. He played 11 seasons in the NBA with the Detroit Pistons, Sacramento Kings, Indiana Pacers, Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics. The former “Survivor” contestant helped Boston win the 2008 NBA title.

Greg Rosenstein is a senior editor on the News team at The Athletic. He has previously worked at ESPN as an editor for MMA, NBA and college basketball. Follow Greg on Twitter @grosenstein

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Pistons could have won tonight but some weird luck and mistakes at the end.

Comment

• Didnt hurt that the Knicks were allowed to tackle Ausur Thompson after he made a steal late in the game

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                  Didnt hurt that the Knicks were allowed to tackle Ausur Thompson after he made a steal late in the game

The season is already lost, but for the refs to swallow their whistle and allow that mugging?

This is why I don't pay attention to the regular season NBA too much anymore. That, and the Pistons are hot garbage.
                  "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

• Who’s Monty Williams?
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I normally save my criticism for Williams for his ridiculous rotations, but the dude never works the refs at all. They are only 57 games into the season and he finally says something.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          lol
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Muscalassaince is over. Monty can't quit James Wiseman and he is back to the awful spacing lineup with Stewart, Duren and Thompson. That lineup works against the Bulls and hardly anyone else. So to recap, Weaver sent two second rounders and Bagley for Muscala and Gallo. Both have been bought out and Bagley is doing better in Washington than Wiseman is in Detroit.

Comment

• Yeah, Wiseman is an impressive athlete, but a center who can't block shots, defend the low post or shoot is a liability in today's NBA.

Drummond scored 20 on Wiseman last night.

Comment

• Also cannot rotate or set a screen and is not physically strong. Other than that Mrs. Lincoln....

Comment

Working...
                                X