No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Weaver is stuck on watching the 2 collegiate games he played in before he got suspended. He looked like a world beater against that girls rec team.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Bulls starters were 1-24 (2-29 as a team) from the 3 point line last night...Must be that great Pistons defense that won that game?

Comment

• When the Pistons start that lineup, it is horrible for spacing offensively but it is pretty good defensively. And the Bulls aren't good at the three. Cade/Ivey/Ausar/Stew/Duren as a lineup has 105 defensive rating. It all goes to shit when Monty throws out the all bench lineup because he can't figure out how to stagger starters.

Comment

• Did he coach this way in Phoenix? Did their stars just overcome his coaching?

Comment

• I don’t know what started the interaction but Troy Weaver had a Detroit fan kicked out and had some choice words for him. It’s not a great look for the Pistons. Players get heckled every night and deal with a ton of shit. You’re telling me our front office can’t?

excerpt from the freep

It is unclear how the argument started, but in the video shared online, Weaver is standing in the aisle next to the fans in the seat and appears to say, "I don't give a (expletive), you're lucky I don't beat your ass," before gesturing to security. The fan responded to Weaver with, "You suck at your job."
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Pistons are playing better, even Wiseman is playing a little better. Too bad they can't play Toronto, Charlotte and Chicago the time. The schedule ahead is pretty daunting so I'm not sure how many more wins are coming.

Cade has been great since the All Star break

Comment

• So, is there some cosmic rule where the Pistons can only win if the other Detroit teams are losing?

Do we need to root against the Pistons?

Comment

• Well, there's a slight difference between someone heckling you from [x] number of yards away in the stands, and a dude getting right in your face and heckling you. Plenty of players have had dudes at courtside tossed for talking shit right up in their grill.

Granted, it's still not a good look, but the circumstances involved are a bit different.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    Well, there's a slight difference between someone heckling you from [x] number of yards away in the stands, and a dude getting right in your face and heckling you. Plenty of players have had dudes at courtside tossed for talking shit right up in their grill.

Granted, it's still not a good look, but the circumstances involved are a bit different.
                    I’d like to know the full story. The fan looked pretty calm about the situation. Weaver was pretty worked up.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
                      So, is there some cosmic rule where the Pistons can only win if the other Detroit teams are losing?

Do we need to root against the Pistons?
                      Well it wasnt long ago all FOUR of them were losing big....At least 3 of them seem to be on the upward swing, so that is progress.....Pistons havent even won a playoff GAME since 2008 (16 years)...In a sport where 20 of the 30 teams make the playoffs (if you count the play in teams), that is pretty sad.

Comment

• Play-in games wins don’t count as playoff wins.

Comment

• The Pistons are clearly tanking now. They are starting true G League lineups, the Thompson injury is legit and scary. The rest seem pretty sketchy.

It brings the question that were they always tanking? All season Monty Williams had rotations that a team still on the tank would have but they claimed they were trying to win. It's a bad look either way for this once proud franchise. The Lion ownership has gotten a lot of criticism over the years for valid reasons, but they never had a stretch of futility like the Pistons have had for the last 16 seasons.

Comment

• The Pistons are so bad. They were praying for VW last year and when that didn’t happen its like they lost all hope. I liked the Cunningham and Ivy picks but it’s like we’re a lost cause building around (and that’s if they can even play together)

All our bigs can’t shoot and are meh on defense. It’s a very confusing team
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• This year it's been clear Ivey and Cunningham can play together, but they haven't had enough minutes together. The problem is they need to stagger minutes with them because the team falls apart with them on the bench.

The worst thing is they have a clueless coach locked in for at least a few more years. The most disappointing thing is after a whole season they have raised more questions than answers. Cade has been really good to great, Ivey has been really good at times. Fontecchio has helped them out, but the season was lost before he got there so it's hard to tell. It's clear the center is Duren and his backup should be Stew. Stew is not a PF.

Comment

• I hope they figure it out and they find a PF that can play. I really like them as the backcourt but everything else (inc the front office and coach) seem like its a hodge podge of shit.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X