Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
    I dont see either of those as good trades...Brandon Knight is as good if not better than jennings and we lost Middleton too.....RJ was two starters and two picks and he cant shoot...He MAY pan out in time but are we willing to invest huge money for what he is right now?
    DJ Augustin was only a starter because Jennings was hurt. Singler is a good player but was only starting, because the Pistons didn't have a better option. He is a bench player on a first division team.

Jackson is a 16/6/4 board guy in 33 minutes in his career as a starter. Those are solid numbers. And with SVG he should be able to become an 18/7 guy without much work.

Jennings, before he got hurt, showed that he was capable of carrying a team on his back (like he did in Milwaukee). That is something that Knight is just not capable of.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Pistons starting guards do not know how to play.

KCP and Reggie: 6 for 23 from field, only one free throw attempt, and five total assists.

SVG probably wants to put a bullet in his head.

Comment

• Pistons starting guards do not know how to play.

KCP and Reggie: 6 for 23 from field, only one free throw attempt, and five total assists.

SVG probably wants to put a bullet in his head.

Comment

• 0-4 vs the Lakers and TWolves. 3 losses to Sixers and Knicks. 7 losses to the worst teams in the NBA. The lottery is a certainty.

Comment

• Too bad they (once again) had a meaningless mini-run that ensures their chances of landing one of those top three impact picks are between nil and none.

I mean, it's not like Silver is going to do the Pistons any favors with the "totally random" and "not at all shady while behind the curtain that curiously produces exactly the results the commissioner's office wants" (wink wink) lottery mixing drum.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
              0-4 vs the Lakers and TWolves. 3 losses to Sixers and Knicks. 7 losses to the worst teams in the NBA. The lottery is a certainty.
              Really take away the 15-8 run where the team won games with 3 pointers and this is msot likely the worst team in the NBA.....Even with the Knicks, Lakers, and Sixers tanking the Pistons are worse.....I liked hiring SVG as coach, but as a front office hire he has no experience.....It might be a few seasons before the Pistons even see the playoffs in the East.

Comment

• I don't mind Jackson, I think he has a higher ceiling than a guy like Augustin, but Augustin was making 3 million a year. Reggie Jackson turned down a 4 year 48 million deal and Van Gundy seems comfortable giving him a contract higher than that. To me he doesn't do much more than a guy like Augustin to justify that high salary.

Comment

• Rodney Stuckey 2.0
                  "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryTheDeuce View Post
                    Happened again tonight. He missed two free throws that could have cut the lead to one in the last two minutes of the game.

This team blows Moosecock.
                    Ugh. It feels weird saying that I'll be glad when a 16/10 player in his prime just walks and leaves with the team getting zero in return -- but I will be.
                    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Emmett.L.Brown View Post
                      Rodney Stuckey 2.0
                      It does kind of appear that way.

Comment

• So far... but Jennings also did look like garbage for a while under SVG. There might be some learning curve to the system.
                        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Yeah that's true.

Comment

• Jennings looked better the first game after Josh Smith left.
                            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Jennings looked better when he had the ball in his hands more and Josh Smith's hands never......He played pretty well during that stretch but it was mainly the team was hitting its 3s....Since jennings has went down the 3 point shooting has been horrific.

Comment

• KCP is just atrocious on the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X