No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another triple double for RJ -- 26 pts, 11 boards and 10 assists, though it was against Orlando. Incredible stretch for him, with Monroe out. This push might bump them out to the ~10th pick, but I'm won over to it's worth it. I'm excited again.

Comment

• lol this Pistons team is only 3 1/2 games out of the playoffs (Note: Celtics are still in action, will probably win and push Pistons 4 games out).
      But still.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Thank goodness Monroe got hurt when he did..There was too much sentiment that we should actually give him a max deal despite the team's horrible record during his 5 years here.....At this point it sure looks like Reggie's team (if he resigns) and I guess its wait and see with jennings.....My guess is if he shows he's Ok they trade him for a rotation player that can shoot.....It would be nice to keep both Jennings and RJ but I dont think it would work.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
          There was too much sentiment that we should actually give him a max deal despite the team's horrible record during his 5 years here......
          Waaayyyyyyyyy too much.

Greg, just sit out the rest of the year. Please. And then when the year is over take your ass anywhere but Detroit.
          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
            Something about the Bulls beating the Pistons. That was from Better Call Saul. I guess they didn't go back to 89/90 with that one.
            Haha yeah I was thinking the same shit.

Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
            Yep noticed that too. Other than that, great show
            Lol
            AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Again I think the winning streaks this season are/were way more about Jennings + Andre and now Reggie + Andre. Once those PGs are playing in SVGs system it seems like it's on.

Monroe is a good player and if they can re-sign him and Reggie that's great, but they don't need to resign monroe. With Jennings having a serious injury, by the time the season is over, it looks like it could be that Reggie is the guy they need to bring back if they have to choose between them. I'd still prefer they bring back both somehow though.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I do like the winning and team building, but it also looks like Justise Winslow and the Pistons are both playing themselves out of each others future.

Frank Kaminski as stretch 4 is maybe the more realistic pick now. Plus the team has a very serious lack of white guys on it now.
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I'm done with Monroe. Reggie Jackson can't play with him, and Monroe's defense is just abysmal at either the 4 or 5.

Jackson and Drummond are the stars. Surround them with athletic shooters and this team suddenly becomes relevant again.

I'm very content with bringing Joel Anthony back as Andre's backup. He does all the little things that don't show up in a box score (besides the blocked shots).

Comment

• You'd be surprised that Monroe's on the ball defense is pretty solid. Monroe has been switched to the other teams post player after they were scoring on Andre a few times this season. The idea that Reggie can't play with Monroe is way premature. There was an adjustment period where Reggie had to learn the system, learn to relax, and had to be encouraged by his teammates to attack the basket and just be himself. Basically once the PGs learn the timing on a few pick and roll Andre plays it becomes really easy to get an extra 5 assists a game on Andre dunks and tip ins and get to the rim knowing the help defender won't leave Andre.

As good as the team is playing now, they were playing significantly better, beating better teams on the road, with Jennings and Monroe for that glorious month or so. Monroe is not a problem. He's also not the key to the future (Andre is), but that doesn't mean he wouldn't help the Pistons be a better team.
                    Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; March 28, 2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• I agree with you brook but he's not a max player
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                        I'm done with Monroe. Reggie Jackson can't play with him, and Monroe's defense is just abysmal at either the 4 or 5.

Jackson and Drummond are the stars. Surround them with athletic shooters and this team suddenly becomes relevant again.

I'm very content with bringing Joel Anthony back as Andre's backup. He does all the little things that don't show up in a box score (besides the blocked shots).
                        Jackson can't play with him? No way to know that. Jackson's emergence could simply be due to having his life and game calm down after a hectic couple weeks for him.
                        The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• I would love to see a team foolishly offer a max contract to Monroe... it would be funny. Decent starter, but not close to a star.
                          Roy Hibbert was offered one by Portland I believe... Or close to it.

Supply/ demand might increase Monroe's value this offseason.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Positive note:
                            Two best players in the 2015 NBA draft are clearly Towns and Okafor... something the Pistons don't need.

I wonder what the Pistons would do if they get the 1st overall pick. Trade it maybe?
                            Idk how the spacing works with Drummond and Okafor/ Towns.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                              Jackson can't play with him? No way to know that. Jackson's emergence could simply be due to having his life and game calm down after a hectic couple weeks for him.
                              Jackson isn't a shooter. He needs space to get into the lane, and Monroe is a lane-clogger. You can't have 3 non-shooters in this offense and make it work.

It's totally obvious if you pay attention to how the offense is run now vs. how it was run during the losing streak. It isn't a major coincidence that the team started playing much better the second Monroe stopped playing.

If Monroe ever comes back (hopefully he won't) the offense will turn to shit again.
                              Last edited by Kstat; March 29, 2015, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                                You'd be surprised that Monroe's on the ball defense is pretty solid.
                                I'm not surprised. Monroe defends the post pretty well. He defends absolutely nothing else. Off the ball he is nothing short of horrible, be it switching out on the perimeter or defending the rim. He's a huge weakness at either the 4 or the 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X