No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft lottery tonite, the NBA draft, unlike the NFL draft actually matters enough to care. Pistons are 8th with a 2.7 chance of getting the #1 pick. Luckily I was smart enough to tell you guys last year that losing last years pick and not this years pick was a good thing.

Because if you ignored the hype and just looked at the prospects, last years draft sucked hard.
    The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
      Draft lottery tonite, the NBA draft, unlike the NFL draft actually matters enough to care. Pistons are 8th with a 2.7 chance of getting the #1 pick. Luckily I was smart enough to tell you guys last year that losing last years pick and not this years pick was a good thing.

Because if you ignored the hype and just looked at the prospects, last years draft sucked hard.
      True, the lottery prospects in 2015 are better than 2014.

It just sounds idiotic in hindsight to think the Pistons gave up a top 10 draft pick to dump Ben Gordon for one season (who was terrible) to sign Josh Smith... then they dump Josh Smith after just over a year and still have to pay him ($14 million in 2015 and 2016) for the next couple of seasons. Bad moves!

If only Tom Gores had a little more patience... or Dumars made better moves. I blame both.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
        True, the lottery prospects in 2015 are better than 2014.

It just sounds idiotic in hindsight to think the Pistons gave up a top 10 draft pick to dump Ben Gordon for one season (who was terrible) to sign Josh Smith... then they dump Josh Smith after just over a year and still have to pay him ($14 million in 2015 and 2016) for the next couple of seasons. Bad moves!

If only Tom Gores had a little more patience... or Dumars made better moves. I blame both.
        I mean that's what it boils down to. That this draft class is better than last year's is irrelevant to the fact that there was no reason for it to be an either/or situation in the first place.

Comment

Amp never gets jokes. You are 0-2 on your last posts in my direction. Very slow, Kstat level of literal understanding
          I get your jokes. They're just dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMP View Post
            Hah
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• So it's #8. Gonna get a solid pick. Twolves will have an exciting core.

Comment

• SF or replace Monroe?
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Or best case scenario is to pay Green as a FA and replace Monroe with best PF available.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Best player available that can hit a jump shot.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

No, you don't get the jokes. You don't even understand that they are jokes, it's too high minded and subtle for you AMP.
                      Last edited by Deuce; May 19, 2015, 10:51 PM.
                      The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                        So it's #8. Gonna get a solid pick. Twolves will have an exciting core.
                        Like the Cubs in MLB and the Rams/ or the Vikings (IMO) in the NFL... The T-Wolves have a stacked future roster.

Towns, Wiggins, LaVine, Rubio, Muhammed, Bennett, Pekovic, Dieng, Payne, and Hummel. ... I'd take that over most rosters in the NBA.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• That same roster minus towns last season was the worst roster in the NBA. Natural progression is fine but that is hardly a stacked team.

Best shooter available when the Pistons come up to pick is probably Mario Hezonja. Ironically, he's probably also the best athlete in the entire draft.
                          Last edited by Kstat; May 20, 2015, 01:41 AM.

Comment

No, you don't get the jokes. You don't even understand that they are jokes, it's too high minded and subtle for you AMP.
                            Yes, you have to be high as a GD kite to like your jokes. Sorry, not my cup of tea, friend.

Or, did you mean high schoolish? Sorry, again, those days are long past for me, pal.

I don't think most know they are actual "funny" haha jokes. I guess they could be considered "funny" weird jokes.

In any event, since you're begging for recognition, congratufuckalations on your comedy routine! It's robust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                              That same roster minus towns last season was the worst roster in the NBA. Natural progression is fine but that is hardly a stacked team.

Best shooter available when the Pistons come up to pick is probably Mario Hezonja. Ironically, he's probably also the best athlete in the entire draft.
                              Progression and development will be the key to their future.

OKC/ Seattle went 20-62 in Durant's (or similar to Wiggins with Min?) rookie season. They then drafted Westbrook (Towns?). The following season they were bad enough to get Harden (?).

Minnesota already has several better and young players on their roster in comparison to Seattle/ OKC back then. Bennett, Dieng, Payne, LaVine, Muhammed, and Rubio were all high draft picks. Still have a lot of time to progress given their experience.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Yes, you have to be high as a GD kite to like your jokes. Sorry, not my cup of tea, friend.
                                Johnny Cash high?

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X