No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would. He's 3 years away from being a mediocre player.

Comment

• That's going to be the case for just about all of these kids which is one of my dislikes on kids leaving school wayyyy too early. None are developed and this is all on potential. Lottery picks should be as close to a cant miss for professional sports but its the biggest crap shoot.

Booker's shot can't be discarded.. The kid is a pure shooter and is ready in that aspect. They also say that his defense isn't as average as been projected but you never know when all these kids are 19.

SVG is an awesome talent evaluator and an excellent coach. Whoever he drafts will be his guy to match with Jackson and Drummond.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
        I would. He's 3 years away from being a mediocre player.
        Who would u pick?
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• justice and Hezonja would be my top targets. I can live with Stanley Johnson.

Devin Booker would make me physically ill. By the time he graduates from the D league it'll be 2018 and he still won't be older than half the guys in college.

Drafting someone that's barely 18 years old is great....if he's actually good enough to do something for you while he develops. Booker will get paid to not help his team at all while they wait for him to grow up.
          Last edited by Kstat; June 25, 2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• I'd be a little nervous about Booker....He had it pretty easy in college with so much talent around him....It looks like shooting is all he can do and who knows if he can do it with someone in his face all the time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
              justice and Hezonja would be my top targets. I can live with Stalley Johnson.
              Agreed on this but I doubt either will be there at 8, especially Justice. Everyone is fixated on SF. I haven't looked enough at PF that would fit the Pistons. I hope SVG can talk either Love or Aldridge into coming aboard but it's a pipe dream with all the higher profile teams vying for their services.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I have no opinion on these players, just get somebody who can contribute.

Comment

• If the Pistons trade up to #4 and draft Russell (by also trading Jennings and maybe KCP), I could actually buy a Pistons jersey with my last name.

Kind of like how I sort of wanted the Lions to draft JaMarcus. Glad that didn't happen.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                    It's really well known on the Pistons forum that I'd take WCS over Johnson.

My top 8 is Towns, Okafor/Russell, Hezonja/Porzingis/WCS/Mudiay, Winslow. Johnson could be 9th ... he's not better than WCS
                    So WCS has been Forshed? :D.

Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                    Jordan has been a pretty crappy executive/owner...I think he's too busy bragging about how he can beat players on his team and not focused on building a winning franchise.
                    Maybe he's getting crappy players that he CAN beat. He's just too compettitive for his own good;)
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Thanks for the info guys. I have very little knowledge of these guys beyond what I have read here and have seen in the last few days.

I just hope they can get a guy that can contribute enough to get out of the lottery and into the playoffs
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• IMO the most NBA ready player in the top 10 after towns is Winslow. Stanley Johnson can play right away too because of his defense, but his offense is so bad he won't be a starter for a while.

Comment

• This may be unpopular, but I would prefer them to unload Monroe, sign nobody, trade down for another pick next year or an expiring contract and draft Kelly Oubre, and lose a lot for another year. You get a kid in Oubre that will take a few years to develop, save money for a cash in, and prepare for another lottery pick in 2016. No one has any patience in developing a team anymore, and unless the Pistons stumble on a Curry/Durant/LBJ type player, they aren't going to be seriously competing for a championship. The 8th-5th seed in the east are traps that keep mediocre teams mediocre.

The only players on the Pistons that are really strong franchise pieces are Drummond and MAYBE Reggie Jackson. Brandon Jennings is an unknown, KCP is wildly inconsistent, and we don't know how the new euro will fit in to the offense. Maybe Brandon Jennings has a surprisingly good year and either him or RJ become a good trade chip.

I just think if you want to actually build a championship caliber roster, you either have to be lucky and draft a HOF type player, or spend a few years grabbing guys in the lottery. The Pistons had no pick last year at all.

What will actually probably happen is the Pistons will draft Hezonja or Stanley Johnson, who will be a 15-7-3 guy that pushes them to the 5th or 6th best team in the East, and we will rinse and repeat the whole scenario when Drummond signs elsewhere.
                          Last edited by guitarjack87; June 25, 2015, 10:20 AM.
                          1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Two problems we that.

1. Kelly Oubre is a mental softie. HIs motor sucks and no one really knows if he even cares or if he just plays basketball to collect a paycheck.

2. Next year's draft class stinks. Tanking would be a terrible idea.

Ask philly how their rebuild is going. They've been kings of losing for 3 years now and they're no better than when they started.

Also, drummond is going nowhere. He'll get a new max contract that takes him to 2021.
                            Last edited by Kstat; June 25, 2015, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• FYI, Klay Thompson was drafted 11th. Curry was drafted 7th. Harrison Barnes was drafted 7th. Draymond Green was drafted 35th.

The idea that you have to be the worst team in the NBA years after year is just plain ignorant. The warriors were every bit as bad as the pistons from 2009-2012 and they were able to get off the losing cycle because they drafted better.

The Hawks were never as bad as the pistons after 2009. Not even close. They rebuilt themselves into a 60-win team with smart trades and brilliant free agent deals. They didn't even need a lottery pick.

They were the #8 seed a year ago, btw. The supposed "If you're there, you're there forever!" spot.

Meanwhile, the Cavs had the most obscene lottery luck in NBA history and they have nothing to show for two of their three #1 overall picks since 2011. They would still be worse than the pistons had lebron not decided to come back.
                              Last edited by Kstat; June 25, 2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• If you keep on waiting for some HOF type guy to land in the draft, you're bound to lose Andre Drummond. If they can get a guy to get them to finish 5th or 6th, that's good. You are far more likely to piece together a deep team like the 3 Piston championship teams than to luck into a hall of famer in the draft.

Nobody trades down in the NBA draft, there's no use.

Comment

Working...
                                X