No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so far it looks like 3 teams ahead of the pistons are trying to trade down. NY, Sacramento, and Denver.

Phil wants Kaminsky for his beloved triangle but taking him 4th would be laughable. Kaminsky probably doesn't slip past Charlotte at #9, so there's a deal to be made with the Pistons here if the price is right.

Comment

• Trade up with the Knicks, for what and for who? Justice Winslow? Not sure how the price could possibly be right if the price is most likely a 2016 or 2017 1st rounder.
      1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• I'd personally want Winslow, but all signs say Hezonja is at the top of Van Gundy's big board. He really wants Hezonja, and Hezonja really wants to play for him.

Also, if you're swinging for the fences, Hezonja is your guy. Most talented SG/SF type in the draft after Russell, and he's bigger and more athletic.
        Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress
        Some teams expressing frustration with lack of info coming from Hezonja's camp. Feel they are "trying to pull a Kobe, to get him to Detroit"
        Last edited by Kstat; June 25, 2015, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• I think they may get Hezonja at 8, without a trade. If worse comes to worse, they could work out a draft and trade deal with whoever takes him. Again, Brandon Jennings could be a possible trade chip for something like that.
          1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• I'm not so sure they don't already have a deal with NY in place if things fall right.

Comment

• There's no info on Mario because be never plays. Its scary pointing holes at all of the collegiate elite freshmen but the unknown euros are so highly touted. It's a crapshoot

Winslow is my favorite but he won't be there for sure.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• What would be the reason that camp is trying to get to Detroit?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  What would be the reason that camp is trying to get to Detroit?
                  Two factors:

1. The Pistons just hired his agent Arn Tellem (who will have to resign after it becomes official, but the connections are there).

2. Hezonja's camp wants him in SVG's system. It's perfect for him. The teams directly ahead of Detroit are a total mess, whereas Detroit has real stability at the top. Who knows who will be coaching the Kings and Nuggets next year?

Hezonja's father already went public in saying Hezonja did not want to play in Denver. They're pushing hard for this.
                  Last edited by Kstat; June 25, 2015, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    There's no info on Mario because be never plays. Its scary pointing holes at all of the collegiate elite freshmen but the unknown euros are so highly touted. It's a crapshoot

Winslow is my favorite but he won't be there for sure.
                    he was playing a lot before it became clear he was going to the NBA.

FYI, this guy isn't a sudden find. He's been a phenom since he was a kid. Calipari took a shot at getting him to Kentucky before he signed with Barcelona a couple years ago.

As 20 year old euro prospects go, Hezonja has a ton of good data. I have a really good grasp of what he can/can't do at an NBA level right now. What scares me is if/when he's going to improve on the holes in his game, and whether or not his ego gets too big. No question at all on his talent/potential.

And honestly, Heonja DOES have plenty of holes in his game. More than a lot of the college guys who have had better coaching. But what he does well, he does better than anyone. He's an NBA jam character. He's probably the best three point shooter and the best finisher at the rim in the draft. He's the most athletic European prospect I have ever seen, and he has the killer instinct to put it to good use. He wore #8 in Barcelona as a tribute to Kobe Bryant.
                    Last edited by Kstat; June 25, 2015, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• I didn't know about the Tellem connection but I was wondering if that had anything to do with it. Its just weird to hear some draft prospect trying to finagle his was to Detroit, it's happened before but its rare.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        I didn't know about the Tellem connection but I was wondering if that had anything to do with it. Its just weird to hear some draft prospect trying to finagle his was to Detroit, it's happened before but its rare.
                        Boogie wanted to play in Detroit, Dumars had a great reputation so I can remember a few players who wanted to go to the Pistons. Mario would get all that was already posted plus a great shot to crack the starting the lineup sooner rather than later.

So many teams right now have a terrible rep and have openly made players nothing more than assets to be used to find someone better. That's the Darryl Morey copycat issue with these new hipster GMs. There isn't one agent around that would try and push his client to Philadelphia because Hinkie is a weird looking short guy with OCD who probably smells. Some of these fuckers you can just look at their face and tell if they have body odor issues, Hinkie is a no brainer.
                        The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• I never heard that about Cousins, I agree on Hinkie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                            FYI, this guy isn't a sudden find. He's been a phenom since he was a kid. Calipari took a shot at getting him to Kentucky before he signed with Barcelona a couple years ago.

As 20 year old euro prospects go, Hezonja has a ton of good data. I have a really good grasp of what he can/can't do at an NBA level right now. What scares me is if/when he's going to improve on the holes in his game, and whether or not his ego gets too big. No question at all on his talent/potential.

You are not a real life GM.

Comment

• I think a few guys have wanted to go to Detroit (Drummond was another) because the roster has had at least one gaping hole in the front court and back court since the Rasheed days. I officially call them the Rasheed days now.

It's easy for these kids and agents to see where they fit in. Monroe and Boogie could easily see what their role was in Detroit and that it was going to be a hefty one. Rookies like that. They like to play ball and get money

Comment

• Brandon Knight was one guy who seemed less than thrilled about being drafted by Detroit because he thought he was better than Kyrie Irving and was just pissy because he slid and Sacramento wanted Jimmer over him. He's on his 3rd team now

Comment

Working...
                                X